boohoo, Fredo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mangini----------------------Belichick
2hmih5l.jpg

Mangini: "I apologize, Bill. Never meant to harm you or the Patriots."

5 minutes later....

33e7i1h.jpg

Johnny Ola and Hymen Roth know a sucker when they see one.

I didn't even know Mangini was still alive.

Must suck being yesterday's news. His 15 minutes expired quite some time ago

1st thing Chip did was let Ratgini go.

When Ratgini is out of a job he has a little too much time on his hands and talks. Hes done this before.

His remorse and guilt are eating at him from the inside.

Good.

One thing he's good at is talking. That rat.

1st thing Chip did was let Ratgini go.

When Ratgini is out of a job he has a little too much time on his hands and talks. Hes done this before.

His remorse and guilt are eating at him from the inside.

Good.
I doubt it's guilt, and it's likely that the only remorse he feels is because the negative consequences he believes he experienced as a result.

Even Judas had regret. The only reason why he is even saying this is that he flamed out with the Jets and, after given a second chance as a coach, he flamed out with the Browns.

Even though the Browns were moved to Baltimore they were given a second chance with a new team in Cleveland and could still keep the "Browns" name. Once he became coach of the Browns "Mangenius" decided to paint over historical paintings of former Browns greats like Jim Brown and others.

But he is still a piece of sh**. He knew what was going to happen if he did that. I am really surprised anyone gave him a chance again in the NFL. He wouldn't be where he is today without BB.

To be honest, it's been 3-4 years since I last heard of Mangini. I haven't lost a day of sleep in the meantime.

Stuck a knife into the back of the guy who promoted him from a ball boy to eventually defensive coordinator of a Super Bowl team

He's now out of the NYJFL, and if karma has any say in this, the only football coaching job he'll ever get in the future will be assistant coach of his son's middle school team

I doubt it's guilt, and it's likely that the only remorse he feels is because the negative consequences he believes he experienced as a result.

Yes but lets reset what actually happened and how it might have gone down.

Jets security boss Steve Yarnall spots Estrella with camera.

Yarnall tells "someone" first. It is unclear if it was Mangini or Tannenbaum. I believe it was Tannenbaum. I also believe Tannenbaum then told Mangini what was happening and Mangini did nothing to get in the way of what Tannenbaum did next.

At that point, NFL Security puts the collar on Estrella.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/20/sports/football/20mangini.html

Yes but lets reset what actually happened and how it might have gone down.

Jets security boss Steve Yarnall spots Estrella with camera.

Yarnall tells "someone" first. It is unclear if it was Mangini or Tannenbaum. I believe it was Tannenbaum. I also believe Tannenbaum then told Mangini what was happening and Mangini did nothing to get in the way of what Tannenbaum did next.

At that point, NFL Security puts the collar on Estrella.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/20/sports/football/20mangini.html
Although there is little doubt that Tannenbaum had his hand in it, if Mangini had nothing to do with it, he would have simply come out and said that. Mangini has other responsibilities during the game, so another pawn was used to actually carry out the plan.

I suspect Mangini brought up the filming with Tannenbaum and they devised a plan to "stick it" to BB and the Patriots. Although Tannenbaum may have included the NFL FO in his plan, it is very likely that Mangini had no idea how far this would go.

Don't be so quick to assume the innocence of a petty, spiteful man* who actually accepted some responsibility for the fiasco.

He has made these exact statements before. He must role then out every time he feels he needs some media attention. It is literally the biggest impact the man has had on pro football.

Although there is little doubt that Tannenbaum had his hand in it, if Mangini had nothing to do with it, he would have simply come out and said that. Mangini has other responsibilities during the game, so another pawn was used to actually carry out the plan.

I suspect Mangini brought up the filming with Tannenbaum and they devised a plan to "stick it" to BB and the Patriots.
Although Tannenbaum may have included the NFL FO in his plan, it is very likely that Mangini had no idea how far this would go.

No question.

Mangini told him to cut it out in 2006 and BB gave him the finger.

To me its irrelevant if this was pre-meditated or a sting. Mangini absolutely knew what was going on and let the chips fall where they may.

Don't be so quick to assume the innocence of a petty, spiteful man* who actually accepted some responsibility for the fiasco.

I am not absolving Ratgini of anything. He could have stopped it- but didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes