PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

boohoo, Fredo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm convinced Mangini's biggest problem, although not his only one, when it comes to coaching in the NFL is lack of trustworthiness. If I'm an owner, GM or head coach, I'm asking myself, "If this weasel would do that to Belichick to further himself, what the f### would he do to me? No thanks."

If I recall correctly, Mangini took credit and kind of gloated immediately after it became public knowledge he blew the whistle. Now he's remorseful, but I can understand how no one would have anticipated Goodell's overreaction. At this point, as BB would say, "It is what it is."

I'm a big one for loyalty, and as many have said already, screwing over the guy who you owe everything to, is just such bad karma. Not enough bad things can happen to this Rat!

Seriously, if you were a NFL HC, would you trust him? of course not. the only way he ever gets back in is for BB to hire him, and that will happen the day after I re-marry my ex-wife!

I'm convinced Mangini's biggest problem, although not his only one, when it comes to coaching in the NFL is lack of trustworthiness. If I'm an owner, GM or head coach, I'm asking myself, "If this weasel would do that to Belichick to further himself, what the f### would he do to me? No thanks."

No question. He broke an unwritten rule among coaches - especially the one that mentored him.

No question. He broke an unwritten rule among coaches - especially the one that mentored him.
Not just coaches, but life in general. What does it say about a person who screws over the guy who helped you get ahead in your career???? If you have an issue, you contact them privately...... Maybe I'm old school but Mangini got his cosmic karma....

It's probably why he doesn't have a job in the NFL today.

I think it absolutely is the reason. When Harbaugh hired him in SF he was a step up from emptying waste baskets and cleaning toilets.

Quite frankly I think Mangini is a decent coach (not HC per se). I thought he got screwed in NJ. He drafted well (except Gholston) and would have made the playoffs if Favre hadn't hurt his shoulder.

CLE was a dumpster fire....

He has no integrity.

Not just coaches, but life in general. What does it say about a person who screws over the guy who helped you get ahead in your career???? If you have an issue, you contact them privately...... Maybe I'm old school but Mangini got his cosmic karma....

Yep. I agree.

Clearly BB and he were on bad terms in 2006. Its unknown if he contacted him to tell him to stop taping then. With that said, I can imagine BB saying it's not against the rules and GFY.

That would be a great chapter in the BB Tells All book.

Quite frankly I think Mangini is a decent coach (not HC per se). I thought he got screwed in NJ. He drafted well (except Gholston) and would have made the playoffs if Favre hadn't hurt his shoulder.
He was a very good secondary coach, then maybe not quite ready but good defensive coordinator. Definitely not ready to be head coach, although he probably would have improved.

Took the next job (Browns) way too fast, the way Rex should have waited a bit before jumping to Buffalo. It's understandable--it's what they do and who knows when the next offer will come--but after flaming out I think they're much better off waiting, maturing a little, reflecting on the first job. Many (most?) top head coaches didn't do so well the first time out, then went and retrenched--either in TV or as a coordinator--then came back much better.

Whoever gets Josh McD will be getting themselves an excellent head coach.

I thought it was amusing that Mangini laments being fired by the Jets even thought Woody Johnson told his job would be safe.

From the NY Post article that Chris Price links to:

Then Favre suffered a torn biceps, the Jets lost four of five and Mangini was called just before midnight after the team’s final game — a loss to the Dolphins and Chad Pennington, the quarterback the Jets cut when they got Favre — and the coach was told he was fired.

“I would have thought from where we were and the things we’d done and all the things we talked about, it would have at least merited a conversation,” Mangini said.

There was no conversation. He was out.

Johnson went back on his word and fired him. Where had Mangini seen disloyalty like that before? Hmmm...

He was a very good secondary coach, then maybe not quite ready but good defensive coordinator. Definitely not ready to be head coach, although he probably would have improved.

Took the next job (Browns) way too fast, the way Rex should have waited a bit before jumping to Buffalo. It's understandable--it's what they do and who knows when the next offer will come--but after flaming out I think they're much better off waiting, maturing a little, reflecting on the first job. Many (most?) top head coaches didn't do so well the first time out, then went and retrenched--either in TV or as a coordinator--then came back much better.

Whoever gets Josh McD will be getting themselves an excellent head coach.

I agree. You never know but if JMD isn't ready now, he never will be but I think he is.

Josh needs three things.
1) A reasonably patient owner who stays the hell out of football ops.
2) A GM that he has a great working relationship with, is philosophically is aligned and has his back.
3) A quarterback.

People might laugh but I think TN or DET are the best places for him.

I thought it was amusing that Mangini laments being fired by the Jets even thought Woody Johnson told his job would be safe.

From the NY Post article that Chris Price links to:

Johnson went back on his word and fired him. Where had Mangini seen disloyalty like that before? Hmmm...

There was a lot of grumbling from the players about Mangini. During Revis' holdout in 07, he threatened him by saying his playing time would suffer the longer he held out. I understand it to be true that Revis hated Mangini.

I think a number of players went to Woody and Tannenbaum and lobbied to have Mangini canned.

Detroit really seems like a good destination for him. It is in the NFC so less direct competition with BB, he has a somewhat capable QB there and the owners there seem to run a pretty stable ship. Also there are no immediate expectations of greatness due to a tough division.

The Titans are a team that I feel are just a ownership change + move that is waiting to happen. Not sure if the situation there is really stable if you look beyond short term.

Didn't Mangini also tamper with Deion Branch during his holdout in 2006 that ended up with Branch getting traded to Seattle?

Detroit really seems like a good destination for him. It is in the NFC so less direct competition with BB, he has a somewhat capable QB there and the owners there seem to run a pretty stable ship. Also there are no immediate expectations of greatness due to a tough division.

The Titans are a team that I feel are just a ownership change + move that is waiting to happen. Not sure if the situation there is really stable if you look beyond short term.

With DET, Bob Quinn is the GM there (fmr Pats FO guy) and IMO might look to trade/dump Stafford if he won't redo his deal. If that happens, JMD goes there and MAYBE BB trades Jimmy to DET. The Ford family are patient but it seems WCF's widow is a motivated gal to win. We'll see.

You might be right on TN. Not sure they will move but Bud Adams is out of the day-to-day and the daughter is running the show. Shes clueless as are the brothers. Jon Robinson (fmr Pats FO guy) and Mariota are there so at least he has a GM and QB he can work with and plenty of cap space.

I agree. You never know but if JMD isn't ready now, he never will be but I think he is.

Josh needs three things.
1) A reasonably patient owner who stays the hell out of football ops.
2) A GM that he has a great working relationship with, is philosophically is aligned and has his back.
3) A quarterback.

The Fords have been extremely patient but even they have seen enough.. I think Det is an ideal location and am glad if he's out of the conference and we only would have to see him once every 4 years ( baring SB)

The Fords have been extremely patient but even they have seen enough.. I think Det is an ideal location and am glad if he's out of the conference and we only would have to see him once every 4 years ( baring SB)
Yea I said in another post that since WCF passed away,his widow seems a little less patient with things.

Florio, in his Mangini post wrote the following “Mangini knew that Patriots coach Bill Belichick recorded defensive coaching signals in violation of league rules”, Well we all know that this simply is NOT true. So I posted what's below

"THIS is the biggest lie of them all. There has NEVER been an NFL rule that denied teams the right to film other team’s signals during a game. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is, the league office sent teams a memo limiting WHERE teams could place the cameras to film opposing teams signals. Not a rule that was never passed by the competition committee. And yes it was as stupid as it sounds, and probably why BB ignored it….much to his regret.

I repeat. It has NEVER been against league rules to film other teams signals. So the statement above just shows how little the general public really knows about what ACTUALLY happened. And how much his little molehill has turned into a mountain."

20 minutes later I went back to see how people reacted to my post. Needless to say I went back to find my post had been deleted and reposted it and added this.

"WHY was this post deleted before. It’s not vulgar or disrespectful. IT’S THE TRUTH. Is writing the truth grounds for deletion. You certainly allow the haters to write whatever comes out of their addled minds. Again, why would you delete this????"

I'm going to go back in about 15 minutes to see if its still there. I'm not hopeful.

BTW- I find it curious that even though Florio has proven that he isn't one of Goodell's tools, he's razor thin skinned about anything that is even remotely critical of anything he writes, even if it's just constructive criticism. I originally was going to spank him a bit by adding "Mike you should know better", but didn't because I knew what would happened. Clearly it didn't help.

He's said this before. He'll say it again.

Bottom line:

As fans, we're not in the position to forgive. That's for the Patriots organization and the individuals involved, should they so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back