PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

boohoo, Fredo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Florio, in his Mangini post wrote the following “Mangini knew that Patriots coach Bill Belichick recorded defensive coaching signals in violation of league rules”, Well we all know that this simply is NOT true. So I posted what's below

"THIS is the biggest lie of them all. There has NEVER been an NFL rule that denied teams the right to film other team’s signals during a game. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The truth is, the league office sent teams a memo limiting WHERE teams could place the cameras to film opposing teams signals. Not a rule that was never passed by the competition committee. And yes it was as stupid as it sounds, and probably why BB ignored it….much to his regret.

I repeat. It has NEVER been against league rules to film other teams signals. So the statement above just shows how little the general public really knows about what ACTUALLY happened. And how much his little molehill has turned into a mountain."

20 minutes later I went back to see how people reacted to my post. Needless to say I went back to find my post had been deleted and reposted it and added this.

"WHY was this post deleted before. It’s not vulgar or disrespectful. IT’S THE TRUTH. Is writing the truth grounds for deletion. You certainly allow the haters to write whatever comes out of their addled minds. Again, why would you delete this????"

I'm going to go back in about 15 minutes to see if its still there. I'm not hopeful.

BTW- I find it curious that even though Florio has proven that he isn't one of Goodell's tools, he's razor thin skinned about anything that is even remotely critical of anything he writes, even if it's just constructive criticism. I originally was going to spank him a bit by adding "Mike you should know better", but didn't because I knew what would happened. Clearly it didn't help.
Unfortunately, ken, PFT is not the only message board where posts which include no vulgarities but displease a person with control have been deleted...

With DET, Bob Quinn is the GM there (fmr Pats FO guy) and IMO might look to trade/dump Stafford if he won't redo his deal. If that happens, JMD goes there and MAYBE BB trades Jimmy to DET. The Ford family are patient but it seems WCF's widow is a motivated gal to win. We'll see.

You might be right on TN. Not sure they will move but Bud Adams is out of the day-to-day and the daughter is running the show. Shes clueless as are the brothers. Jon Robinson (fmr Pats FO guy) and Mariota are there so at least he has a GM and QB he can work with and plenty of cap space.

Yeah, I understood why you singled out those two franchises (and their Pats connection).

To be honest I am not convinced at all that Jimmy is a better QB than Stafford. I think a creative offensive mind like McD could do a lot of things to make Stafford use more of his strengths and expose fewer of his weaknesses. But, yeah, that contract negotiation will be quite interesting for Detroit.

Yeah, I understood why you singled out those two franchises (and their Pats connection).

To be honest I am not convinced at all that Jimmy is a better QB than Stafford. I think a creative offensive mind like McD could do a lot of things to make Stafford use more of his strengths and expose fewer of his weaknesses. But, yeah, that contract negotiation will be quite interesting for Detroit.

I agree on the Jimmy/Stafford assessment. He was great last year and is doing very well this year. As of right now, Stafford is the choice. The question is will Quinn ante up $22m/yr or Andrew Luck money or trade him for multiple picks and pry Jimmy loose and run JMDs offense for 1/2 the cost.

I think its going to fascinating to see what they do there.

Yeah, even this year and in the latter part of last year we've seen Stafford do more than we previously saw from him. Very few QBs can succeed in just about any system like Brady can, most need an OC who can pry the most out of them. McDaniels is definitely one of those guys, and it looks like james robert vagina might be a similarly talented coordinator.

i think tannenbaum has escaped blame from this easily. he also at some point worked for BB.

i think tannenbaum has escaped blame from this easily. he also at some point worked for BB.

Yep in CLE.

He absolutely had a hand in this. As GM he escalated it to NFL Security.

Where was he in 2007 to say that?

Ratgini needs to go fishing with Rocco

Ratgini needs to go fishing with Rocco
Actually it was Al Neri who popped him

Rocco took out Hyman Roth

Sorry to be a GF smarty pants but its important stuff. :p

Goodnight, Fredo...

OxozoC.gif

Sorry, Eric, way too little, way too late, bro. I am sure you did not intend to set off the fire storm you set in motion. But, maybe you should have thought this through BEFORE whining to the league office for something so minor. For the past decade now, because of what YOU initiated, BB, TB, and the rest of this organization is constantly over scrutinized, unjustly criticized, and all of its accomplishment through hard work are impugned. And, now our QB and organization are hit with draconian penalties for minor infractions (ones that are never proven in fact to being with). Well, Eric, we reap what sew, as you are finding that out the hard way. I have NO sympathy for you, you no good bastard. Hopefully, you will NEVER get another coaching job at any level again. Don't kid yourself, many of BB's colleagues may be jealous of him, but they RESPECT the hell out him. No organization in their right mind would ever hire or trust you. You are rightfully a PARIAH in your field. It does not look like you have many friends either. I hope this eats away at you night and day for the rest of your miserable life. Maybe, just maybe, you can understand a bit what this organization, us fans, BB, and all associated with the New England Patriots have had to deal with because of you. NO sympathy from me. As far as forgiving you, well that is up to other powers that be. You really want to show sympathy for this? Easy, go on a REAL national show and explain your point, and make it clear that this was way overblown, then. maybe we can talk about "forgiving" your transgression.

Can't say enough about a person that stabs the man most responsible for his success in the back and only regrets it when that success evaporates.

I think many of you are missing one important thing here. Ratgini is only one of the villains and more like the fall guy. Goody and his Jests are most responsible.

Can't say enough about a person that stabs the man most responsible for his success in the back and only regrets it when that success evaporates.

Mangini could not have anticipated how outrageous the whole thing would become. I still have a hard time believing it.

Mangini could not have anticipated how outrageous the whole thing would become. I still have a hard time believing it.

Well, as the saying goes, "you lie down with rodents, you wake up a sleeze".

Or something like that.

I think many of you are missing one important thing here. Ratgini is only one of the villains and more like the fall guy. Goody and his Jests are most responsible.

Not sure I agree with the assertion that Eric was more like the fall guy. He was part of the engine and in the aftermath publicly said he was comfortable with the events that transpired.

If anyone was the fall guy in this BS hysteria around taping signals and ram-roding new gameday ops rules without approval of the competition committee by Goody, it was BB.

Not sure I agree with the assertion that Eric was more like the fall guy. He was part of the engine and in the aftermath publicly said he was comfortable with the events that transpired.

If anyone was the fall guy in this BS hysteria around taping signals and ram-roding new gameday ops rules without approval of the competition committee by Goody, it was BB.

I meant fall guy from the perspective of the Patriots.

I blame Goodell first and foremost.

I meant fall guy from the perspective of the Patriots.

I blame Goodell first and foremost.
Ah.

Yea he might get a little too much of a blame pie around these parts for his actual role in it but I believe he had the power to stop it (on Tuesday, call Bill and threaten him w/ league action if he doesn't stop) and keep it low profile and chose not to. Whether he was pressured by Tannenbaum or Yarnall or Woody I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
Back