PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Mangini regrets Spygate result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Twain

A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar

...EVERYONE needs to believe in something...

I believe I'll have another shot and a Bud, bartender...

Joe Kerr

What's the beef between the Jets GM and BB?

You dont remember BB resigning as HC of NYJ's?

he cheated the Pats out of a draft pick AND somehow beat them last season with the Cleveland Browns. boo this man!!

fe0fe5cd-3e3d-4fcd-94cb-dd64975949e8.Medium.jpg

So did Mangini lie and make the whole thing up? Or was there any validity to his story?

Mangini deserves his share of the blame - but it was Goodell who was the one who decided to feign ignorance of spying in the NFL dating back to George Halas and Lamar Hunt.

Goodell knew that most NFL fans were too stupid to know the NFL allows filming of playcalling (just not from the sidelines) and decided to make himself look good by making Belichick look bad.

That wasn't Mangini's call - that was Goodell's and I lay most of the blame on his lap.

Well I agree with u on that.....it was god-dell that made the thing into the OVERBLOWN witch trial that it was. As a typical, jealous, and sore a##ed Jest fan....he was salivating at the chance to tear down the image, respect, and credibility of the team who had dominated HIS and every other team for almost a DECADE! Belichick had his camera in the WRONG place.....Period. League: You can tape signals fellas....just don't tape from HERE" Belichick violated a rule.....period. Every talking head and sore azzed loser took it as "so that's how they beat my teams butt so many times. PATHETIC....and one of the lowest moments in NFL history. And it was all overseen and orchestrated by a biased, arrogant commissioner.....who also happens to be a diehard fan/former employee of a certain team.

So did Mangini lie and make the whole thing up? Or was there any validity to his story?

What story? That he regrets it?

He that studieth revenge keepeth his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well.
John Milton

Heres my favorite.

Dont bite the hand that feeds you - Rex Ryan

:cool:

Ninja.

Whats the date of this picture?

That picture was taken from the opening game of the 2007. I remember that it because many originally thought the Patriots disguised someone in a Jets uniform to video tape what was happening on the Jets sideline. Turns out it was a Jets employee. Of course he not pointing the camera at the players on the field but the leagues offices aren't concerned with what he is videotaping.

Heres my favorite.

Dont bite the hand that feeds you - Rex Ryan

No no no...you got that quote slightly wrong...it should be "Don't bite the FOOT that feeds you".....;)

No no no...you got that quote slightly wrong...it should be "Don't bite the FOOT that feeds you".....;)

Nah, try: "Don't bite the foot that NEEDS you."

That picture was taken from the opening game of the 2007. I remember that it because many originally thought the Patriots disguised someone in a Jets uniform to video tape what was happening on the Jets sideline. Turns out it was a Jets employee. Of course he not pointing the camera at the players on the field but the leagues offices aren't concerned with what he is videotaping.

Thats f***king incredible. Never knew this photo existed.

:cool:

Ninja.

Whats the date of this picture?

It's from Sept 07 and I think it's our camera dude Estreda.

Edit-BSR took care of it. Guess it's not Estreda.

Last edited:
I listened to the interview. First off, he shouldn't say anything about this during the season. The man is a low-life rat even when he is trying to be apologetic. Grow some balls and say the following and nothing less and maybe you will be forgiven someday:
- I have been a coward for not saying this years earlier.
- It was a minor offense by BB. BB was not stealing signals for use in-game, he was doing it for post-game analysis. It should have been something more like a 7th round pick. Salary cap violations and player tampering are far more significant violations.
- Goodell is a sham of a commissioner for over-reacting as he did. It was his responsibility to protect BB, the Patriots, and their fans from all this and instead he fanned the flames. Goodell did irreparable harm by screwing this one up. The matter should be reviewed in the offseason and he should lose his job for it.

Saying anything less than this years later is just rubbing salt in an old wound.

I'll never forgive him, but I wouldn't be surprised if him and Belichick ended up on decent terms in the not too distant future.

Not a chance.

It's BS! He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. Everytime I see his face and hear his girly voice I wanna THROW UP!

GO PATS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft