PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eldelman Arrested (Update: All charges DROPPED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe being "the protector of all womanhood" works for you with the ladies, but most guys like that are kind of pathetic.

I can't tell you how pleased I am to not be seeing eye to eye with someone who considers it 'pathetic' to say that it's sexaul assault and a Big Deal to touch a woman without her consent.

It's not the 50s anymore, we don't have the right to cop a feel (and never did).

I can't tell you how pleased I am to not be seeing eye to eye with someone who considers it 'pathetic' to say that it's sexaul assault and a Big Deal to touch a woman without her consent.

It's not the 50s anymore, we don't have the right to cop a feel (and never did).

I said guys like you, who sanctimoniously hold themselves as "protector of all things womanly" (in the pathetic hopes that you'll get some 'appreciation') are pathetic. I didn't describe the charge as pathetic.

I didn't say it was "right" to touch a woman without her consent. That's just part of your need to "protect womanhood". On with you now, fair knight, womanhood needs its protector! There are dragons to slay!

I get what are you saying, we are just in a confused world. The line is so blur to me at times. I have had women hit my butt in a playful manner. If I had done that to them, I bet I will be in cuffs based on what a witness says.
It is just tacky all the way round.

for all the people crying to cut Edelman, dont we have Albert Haynesworth on our team???

I said guys like you, who sanctimoniously hold themselves as "protector of all things womanly" (in the pathetic hopes that you'll get some 'appreciation') are pathetic. I didn't describe the charge as pathetic.

I didn't say it was "right" to touch a woman without her consent. That's just part of your need to "protect womanhood". On with you now, fair knight, womanhood needs its protector! There are dragons to slay!

If he was a player on the jets, you would be part of that 'sanctimoniously' crowd.

Another black mark against BB the GM and personnel guy. Had he been drafting gay players, no woman would have been groped. Problem solved.

When you're in a crowded dance club, people are bumping and grinding all over the place. And yes, that includes complete strangers going up to members of the opposite gender and placing their hands on them, sometimes in private areas. I've done it to others and I've had it done to me - and not once did the police get involved. Sorry to all those in here who are outraged and standing on their soapboxes of self righteousness, but that's just the way it is.

If that's all that happened, it really shouldn't have required police involvement, let alone an actual arrest. My gut instinct tells me that what happened was he made a move on her and her (perhaps overprotective) boyfriend got involved. What Edelman needs to do at this point is back down. The girl is with someone, just let it be.

If every guy who grabbed some girl's ass on the dance floor (or every girl who grabbed some guy's ass) got arrested, then the holding cells would be overcrowded with thousands and thousands of teenagers and 20-somethings every night.

If Tom Brady had done the exact same thing to the exact same girl, she would have dropped her boyfriend like a sack of potatoes and considered it the best night of her life. :D

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying, but we already have players who if this had happened to damn, will not be out of the norm: Haynesworth, Spike, ....

Granted- there are probably 4 or 5 players on this team I would be unsurprised if they were arrested. OTOH, there are about that many guys who could genuinely surprise me by getting arrested (Brady, Welker, Wilfork, Mayo... maybe BJGE?) The rest, including Edelman, fall into the "well, I didn't really see that coming, but they are football players, and I don't know them at all" category.

Just wondering what some people see in Edelman that makes them more surprised that he got arrested than anyone other than those 4 or 5 guys with a history on this team.

What exactly are you saying? You seem to be pretty good at saying what you're not saying, but that's not helping me figuring out what you actually are saying.

If Edelman did what he's accused of doing, is it reprehensible? What's your position? It's not a hard question. My read of your "I'm not saying x" is that pretty much you think it's not. Don't want to put words in your mouth though.

My view is that it's pretty crappy for a grown adult to grab another in a private area without permission. It doesn't really seem like it's all that debatable, but I guess everything on the internet is debatable. If my view makes me someone who needs to "protect womanhood," whatever. Although pretty clearly, I'm not trying to impress anyone. I've been pretty happily married for a pretty long time.

What exactly are you saying? You seem to be pretty good at saying what you're not saying, but that's not helping me figuring out what you actually are saying.

If Edelman did what he's accused of doing, is it reprehensible? What's your position? It's not a hard question. My read of your "I'm not saying x" is that pretty much you think it's not. Don't want to put words in your mouth though.

My view is that it's pretty crappy for a grown adult to grab another in a private area without permission. It doesn't really seem like it's all that debatable, but I guess everything on the internet is debatable. If my view makes me someone who needs to "protect womanhood," whatever. Although pretty clearly, I'm not trying to impress anyone. I've been pretty happily married for a pretty long time.

My view on getting your ass grabbed is that it's crappy, but having someone get arrested for it, if that's really all that happened, is probably overkill. I got my ass grabbed without my permission last night (yes, after midnight), and I wasn't exactly thrilled that it happened, but that's life when you choose to surround yourself with a bunch of drunk idiots in a bar. All in all, how I feel about it depends an awful lot on what Edelman, specifically, did. Was this the kind of thing that you see all the time if you go out on a weekend night, or is it something worse? I'd have to know a whole lot more about what actually happened to be able to have an informed opinion.

Last edited:
I agree. When a marginal player does something like this, the patriots have had a rather simple approach.

Woodhead is our punt returner. Price, Ridley and Vareen are backups.

Price will be active as the #4 (or #3) receiver.

Bye, bye.

bye bye eldelman

Last edited:
I agree. When a marginal player does something like this, the patriots have had a rather simple approach.

Woodhead is our punt returner. Price, Ridley and Vareen are backups.

Price will be active as the #4 (or #3) receiver.

Bye, bye.

When did this happen?

Baugher was cut *before* his arrest, and Willie Andrews, a similar "marginal talent" got a second chance.

Again, not saying he's safe, merely that there's no clear SOP here.

My view on getting your ass grabbed is that it's crappy, but having someone get arrested for it, if that's really all that happened, is probably overkill. I got my ass grabbed without my permission last night (yes, after midnight), and I wasn't exactly thrilled that it happened, but that's life when you choose to surround yourself with a bunch of drunk idiots in a bar. All in all, how I feel about it depends an awful lot on what Edelman, specifically, did. Was this the kind of thing that you see all the time if you go out on a weekend night, or is it something worse? I'd have to know a whole lot more about what actually happened to be able to have an informed opinion.

but...but...but....I coulda sworn you were a MAN these last 10,000 posts....jeez, I'm losing my fastball...either that or I'm pathetic at hitting the curves...:bricks:

If this lady was anything like a throw from TFB, he didn't have his hands on her for very long.

but...but...but....I coulda sworn you were a MAN these last 10,000 posts....jeez, I'm losing my fastball...either that or I'm pathetic at hitting the curves...:bricks:

Don't worry, lol, definitely not losing your fastball. I'm a guy, but women have been known to grab many asses as well. Especially when you live near a college like I do. It was unwelcome, but only because she was wearing zombie makeup o_0

Last edited:
Don't worry, lol, definitely not losing your fastball. I'm a guy, but women have been known to grab many asses as well. Especially when you live near a college like I do. It was unwelcome, but only because she was wearing zombie makeup o_0

yeah...uh...how can I put this....uh, at my age, I want the name, address and nights when ass grabbery occurs with the most frequency....you can call it a live field study....

If she was wearing a catwoman costume (ala Jessica Biel) or any form of scantily clad camo...lock me up now and throw away the key.

When I was younger my friend and I went as OB/GYN's. Tacky, I know...but I got to give a free breast exam when my date wasn't looking.

yeah...uh...how can I put this....uh, at my age, I want the name, address and nights when ass grabbery occurs with the most frequency....you can call it a live field study....

If you're ever down in Long Beach, head on over to the Auld Dubliner on any Friday or Saturday night. You won't regret it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes