PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman offered 3-year deal, he opts to test free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edelman offered 3-year deal, Pats waiting for answer

My belief is that Edelman has until 355PM today to accept the offer. Should he accept the offer they will release Amendola. If he does not accept the offer they will proceed with Amendola and completely pull out of Edelman discussion.

They will not retain both of them.
Not much harm in keep Amendola a second year even if Edelman re signs. especially if rookies regress.

My belief is that Edelman has until 355PM today to accept the offer. Should he accept the offer they will release Amendola. If he does not accept the offer they will proceed with Amendola and completely pull out of Edelman discussion.They will not retain both of them.

In the end I hope its not the latter.:rolleyes:

Suppose he says "I need a few days to think about it". Then they pull the offer? I would think he'd at least want to see what's out there.

That's what they did with Welker. And then when Welker came back to ask them to match Denver's deal, they said no; and then they went to the press about how Welker signed for less money than the Pats had offered both that free agency and the year before (ignoring the fact that it was the Pats who ultimately said no to matching a deal that the Pats claim was less than what they were willing to pay him).
And then likely this board will turn on Edelman

That's what they did with Welker. And then when Welker came back to ask them to match Denver's deal, they said no; and then they went to the press about how Welker signed for less money than the Pats had offered both that free agency and the year before (ignoring the fact that it was the Pats who ultimately said no to matching a deal that the Pats claim was less than what they were willing to pay him).

I see you're not letting the facts get in the way of being bitter.

I like Edelman and hope he comes back. However I hope the pats don't plan on using him as a #1 receiver again.

I like Edelman and hope he come back but. However I hope the pats don't plan on using him as a #1 receiver again.

why, you didn't like his production. 4th in receptions in the league and in the 2nd half top 5 in receptions and yards. Not good enough for you?

why, you didn't like his production. 4th in receptions in the league and in the 2nd half top 5 in receptions and yards. Not good enough for you?

ensoul means that Edelman is legit #3 get a real #1 and he becomes more dangerous the D cannot cover everybody. They are quite a few Potential #1 in the upcoming Draft.:cool:

Edelman is a Good football player, but with Tom throwing the ball, numbers like that can come easily to a #1 WR. Unfortunately, Edelman's size and skill-set make him a better compliment to a #1. He doesn't have the outside ability that the Patriots lack.

Just imagine if the Patriots had an Elite outside WR? Edelman replaces Welker nice, in my opinion, but would you have been happy with Welker as the #1 back when he played on NE?

No, not until he takes Talib out of a playoff game.

I'm not very confident that this is going to happen.

Why does Bill give him the ultimatum of you have to accept this by 4 or else it is rescinded? If I was Edelman I would not appreciate that at all. I hope he comes back but I just don't see him not testing free agency.

I'm not very confident that this is going to happen.

Why does Bill give him the ultimatum of you have to accept this by 4 or else it is rescinded? If I was Edelman I would not appreciate that at all. I hope he comes back but I just don't see him not testing free agency.

The point of this weekend was to test free agency.

AdamSchefter: Patriots and WR Julian Edelman were unable to reach a deal today and he will test the market.

And here we go. This should get interesting.

From Adam Schefter:

Patriots and WR Julian Edelman were unable to reach a deal today and he will test the market.

Love his production. He is also a hell of a punt returner as well but if the pats plan on using him as a #1 receiver the offense will struggle again this season. Edelman is a great 2nd or 3rd option, not sure he is a great 1st option.

Look at Welker. #1 guy here, 3rd guy on the Broncos. Same rules apply to Edelman.

AdamSchefter: Patriots and WR Julian Edelman were unable to reach a deal today and he will test the market.

Alright. Will NE move on quickly like last year with Welker now? I still remember how pissed Michael Holley was on the radio that day.

Maybe they should have offered more in the guranteed department goodbye Edelperson. WR is now the TOP NEED for this Team.

Just making sure of this....the Broncos had to of cut Welker by today if they wanted all his cap hit, right? So essentially they opted to keep Welker? Righhhhhttt?

No Julian in donkey orange please.

Oh well. Maybe use Amendola as 3rd option and get a legit #1

See you later Julian. Good luck on your new team.

Adios and vaya con dios

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore