PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dolphins do scare me some if only because the Pats struggle down there.

After reading some of the back-and-forth, I was thinking that if Miami tries to go with a ball control offense to attempt and wear down the Pats D, that might very well work. However, that's putting a lot on Ronnie Brown's shoulders as well as the QB. If Brown does have success, I can see the Pats putting 7 or 8 in the box and making Lemon beat them in the air, which I don't think he can do. OTOH, the Pats can score at a moments notice, so going ball control may not work that well.

The Pats O-line will need to keep Taylor, Thomas and company at bay. If Brady gets time to throw, he will be fine and his receivers will find ways to get open.

Terry

After the way the Cowboys ran against us, Brown might have a field day. That's the only thing that makes me a little nervous about this, and the fact that I think Cleo Lemon is a pretty good QB.

I'm confused by this statement, the Cowboys ran for 98 total yards and their a good running team with 130 yard average for the year. I thought we did good !

I'm confused by this statement, the Cowboys ran for 98 total yards and their a good running team with 130 yard average for the year. I thought we did good !

They were busting through seams and gaining 6, 7, 8 yards a rush easy. The Patriots gave up 6.5 yards per run, and that's including a Tony Romo kneel that drives it down a little (since they only ran 15 times total). That can't happen in future weeks, and nor can the long 15+ yard runs.

Last edited:

Someone looking for issues would look at the yards per carry. Someone looking at reality would look at the fact that we were in nickel packages most of the time they ran, played good run D out of our base, and run defense was the last thing we needed to be concerned with throughout the course of that particular game.

They were busting through seams and gaining 6, 7, 8 yards a rush easy. The Patriots gave up 6.5 yards per run, and that's including a Tony Romo kneel that drives it down a little (since they only ran 15 times total). That can't happen in future weeks, and nor can the long 15+ yard runs.

I don't care if it happens while we are winning by 21 points. If the circumstances of the game were different our schemes personnell and effectiveness against the run would have been different.

Despite Taylor and the hobbit MLB being Brady's nemisis, this year is different.
The Pats never had the skill players on O that they have now and the Dolphins O is pathetic.

And the other Pats fans forgot to say thanks for giving us Kyle Eckel back after Satan stole him away. We need him now that our starters are hurt. Thanks!

They had back to back good runs (one of which Jones was down 10 yards back but they missed it) for 43 yards, and another 17 yarder by Barber.
So I will agree they 'easily ran' for 17.18. 25 on 3 plays out of the football game. Did you happen to notice the situations, what defense we were in? Wade Phillips said it was against nickel/dime. That leaves 11 carries for 38 yards otherwise, which I dont think qualifies as busting through and gaining 6-8 whenever they want.

I would like some intelligent conversation about the game next Sunday. I know for some reason we bring the Pats a much tougher fight than one would expect. Cleo Lemon performed well enough to win, however our defense was once again shredded. I think if we can hold you guys to field goals we have a shot to win the game.

I don't think so.
You won't be able to stop our offense let alone defense.
You guys should get a decent draft pick.

I don't think so.
You won't be able to stop our offense let alone defense.
You guys should get a decent draft pick.

Well the Fins are going to need the help next year.
I doubt that Miss Cleo is going to win them a lot of games.

Ronnie Brown is a stud.

He's the one good young player you have and considering he's doing it behind your offensive line it's even more impressive.

One thing about BB defenses, if you can only do one thing he's going to take it away. So stopping brown will be the priority.

As for the let down the Fins shut the Pats out last year in Miami so there will be no let down especially when you factor in the fins wearing microphones to get the line calls, but that's ok in the NFL's eyes because it's only the Dolphins.

Plus Thomas and others made comments in the press about how flustered Brady looked last year, joyful\boastful comments. Its been said BB is vindictive, Tom has some of that in him too, he'll be motivated.

There is no way you will win this game.

It would be the upset of upsets if the Phins won. That said, the Pats have been known to find ways to lose or keep in close against you. But, the Phins seem to have nothing going for them right now. One thing that could help you, if any Pat is even slightly injured (such as Morris), BB will likely keep them out. But, even then, it's hard to see how the Phins will manage to make a game of it. Your team isn't even in the rebuilding stage right now; it seems to be more of a patchwork. But, on any given Sunday ....

Kudos to Andy Johnson

I look forward to your cogent post game thoughts every week

thank you,sir

box score from last year's 21-0 Pats loss:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/boxsc...playPage=tab_box_score&season=2006&week=REG14

You think BB has some motivation for his players this week? :eek:

Joey Harrington had a solid game. Sammy Morris had his best game as a pro. Wes Welker was held in check, but I believe he drew the D toward him to open things up for Booker. Plus, NE lacked Seau, Harrison and AD.

And, oh... I believe the WR corps has been upgraded slightly. ;)

now hear this: this is a different Pats team. Brady has always struggled against teh Phins in Miami but he has never had 2 6ft+ recievers with supreme speed. This game should be over by the half. this team has me convinced they will destroy teams like this that used to always give them trouble in the past. I am sorry I like the phins I like a lot of their players on D however this game is not going to be pretty. prepare for the possible perfect game played especially after the Phins underhanded innitial sign stealing last year that wasn't reprimanded by the Know all NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft