PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dolphins fan here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game interests me in some ways because of the 0-6 6-0 factor. Something is fishy about that, and I think we will finally bring our A game. You guys are primed for a let-down, and after a big victory against Dallas this is the perfect time. Of course, our team might also want to help preserve the '72 perfect record, because on paper you guys can easily go 16-0.

i guess you don't follow the pats that much because we never suffer a let-down...our coaching staff is too good.

I would like some intelligent conversation about the game next Sunday. I know for some reason we bring the Pats a much tougher fight than one would expect. Cleo Lemon performed well enough to win, however our defense was once again shredded. I think if we can hold you guys to field goals we have a shot to win the game.

You're forgetting that Scott Pioli is going to convince Cam to trade us Ronnie Brown for an 8th round pick and a bag of pumpkin seeds before next weekend.

I would like some intelligent conversation about the game next Sunday. I know for some reason we bring the Pats a much tougher fight than one would expect. Cleo Lemon performed well enough to win, however our defense was once again shredded. I think if we can hold you guys to field goals we have a shot to win the game.

Damn............. It didn't take to long for the 0-6 trolls to arrive. Welcome....

My advice, put the beer down, go to bed, sleep it off. In the morning you'll feel better and start coming to the realization that your team is soon to be 0-7. Don't worry, the sun will still come up on Monday though.

Yeah, in any other year, I'd say that Miami will have it's typical "NE surprise" next week, just not this year. We are too potent, and your D is aweful.

Last edited:
I'll just say this... any given Sunday :). I'll be there regardless of what happens.

I'll just say this... any given Sunday :).

That used to be true. And may one day be true again. But not next week. Not this year. No way, no how. GAME OVER. NOW.

I'll just say this... any given Sunday :). I'll be there regardless of what happens.

reminds me of the classic exchange between Jim Carrey & Lauren Holly in Dumb & Dumber...

Lloyd: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.
Lloyd: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance.

Welcome aboard.

Don't listen to all these guys. I'll give you the ultra top-secret way for the Dolphins to beat the Patriots. Have your coach and three or four of your best players run their mouths in the media all week about the Pats only winning because they are cheating!

That rattles the Patriots and takes them off their game every time.

Don't tell anyone I told you!

I think the Dolphins have a chance to win next week if....

Cam orders Dolphins security to put a padlock on the door of the Patriots locker room while the players are inside and let them out at halftime

That should at least give Miami a chance to get a head start on the scoreboard before the Patriots hit the field for the first time in the 3rd quarter.

Pats probably still win.

Defense
Make Brady throw 4 interceptions and fumble it twice. How you do this is left as an exercise to the reader. Return at least two of these for touchdowns.

Offense
The Patriots will be trying to stop Ronnie Brown from the outset. Get him 300 all-purpose yards regardless. Most effective will an inside iso play in which Brown retreats into the end zone, stiff-arms 10 Patriot defenders in succesion, then runs up the right sideline for long gains. Run this play constantly, even when in the Patriots' half of the field. In obvious passing situations, simply throw deep jump balls to Booker and Chambers. You'll win if you complete more than 30% of these throws. Interceptions will simply be written off as pooch punts.

Special Teams
Onside kick it every time. You'll win if you recover greater than 50% of these. And don't worry about the short field: you're making Brady turn it over 6 times, remember? Also, Jay Feely must continue to be perfect. 7 for 6 perfect.

Coaching
Figure out a scheme to get you out of this god forsaken division and into a cushy SEC coaching gig.

You are absolutely correct. Any team in the NFL is capable of beating any other team in the NFL. Sadly, the people responding to you are acting overconfident and should know better. I'm sure Belichick remembers all the trouble your team has traditionally given the Patriots down in Miami.

I think the "Cleo Lemon is our starter" scenario really hurts your team, though. As Anderson of the Browns found out, Belichick has the ability to cross up inexperienced players, and this often results in extra turnovers. Unless Brady decides to have his annual 4 pick game against the Dolphins, ball control and time of possession will be essential if Miami is to pull off the upset.

This will be the toughest game of the year!

Miami always gives us fits. I don't see a lay down by them. They will figure out a way to compete. Jason Taylor, the best defensive player in the league, can take over a game. We'll have to double him with two great players thereby giving Miami a built in advantage.

I don't know a lot about Lemon, but any NFL QB can be dangerous on any given Sunday.

After the way the Cowboys ran against us, Brown might have a field day. That's the only thing that makes me a little nervous about this, and the fact that I think Cleo Lemon is a pretty good QB.

I think you have a superb team and a very well run organization.

Agreed. In twelve weeks, the two teams will be tied at 6 - 6. Dolphin management shouldn't change a thing. This team is destined for greatness.

Agreed. In twelve weeks, the two teams will be tied at 6 - 6. Dolphin management shouldn't change a thing. This team is destined for greatness.

Is that necessary? The guy didn't come in looking to troll, so stop trolling on him.

This game interests me in some ways because of the 0-6 6-0 factor. Something is fishy about that, and I think we will finally bring our A game. You guys are primed for a let-down, and after a big victory against Dallas this is the perfect time. Of course, our team might also want to help preserve the '72 perfect record, because on paper you guys can easily go 16-0.

Welcome, das. Respectful visitors from other teams (who keep their word when they lose bets) are very welcome.

That said, can we get the "who's going to win the game?" discussion over? Truth is, your points are pretty desperate. The Patriots are "primed for a let-down", and, because your team has been terrible, it is now time for it to "finally bring its A game"? This is called the Gambler's Fallacy. There is an "0-6 6-0" factor? And this favours the Dolphins? (I like the idea that there is something "fishy" about it -- good one!!) Let's just agree that there doesn't seem to be any rational reason to expect the Dolphins to win the game but that this is the NFL and any team can win on any given Sunday and true fans don't give up hope, however far-fetched.

There's plenty more to talk about. An honest scouting report on your team would be appreciated, for example.

Cheers!

You start your post with...
I would like some intelligent conversation about the game next Sunday.

And end with...
I think if we can hold you guys to field goals we have a shot to win the game.

Sorry, but unless this post was meant as a joke it's only going to make you look foolish. We have the #1 scoring offense & guess who's last in points against? That's right your Dolphins.

I'm going to go update my sig now. :p

Last edited:
I agree with the original poster.
Welcome.
We only have 29 TDs this year tho...
More than the bottom 4 teams...altogether:bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

And, according to NFLN's Rich Eisen, the Pats have only outscored all of their opponents by 138 points so far, tho....
27 of 32 teams in the NFL have not yet scored a TOTAL of 138 points.. :bricks:

Is that necessary? The guy didn't come in looking to troll, so stop trolling on him.

That's not "trolling", that's just kidding around.

ive got a good feeling about this week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes