PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you think Brady still attends SuperBowl 50? (ceremony to honor past MVPs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
he should say he wants to go but has to make an important trip to London..

I can't imagine why he wouldn't go. Doesn't mean he has to stay for the whole game. Show up for the ceremony, smile, shake a few hands. Go home.

He's going to go because he's a classy guy and he's going to rise above it all. Why would you let a troll like Goodell keep you from such an honor? The game,the players the other other MVP's on that field are the game not Goodell no matter how much he thinks he is.

Brady attended and did the coin toss for SB 40 where they invited MVPs there. Long time ago though...

I hope he goes, wears all 4 rings, casually flashing them to the CBS cameras.

I'm sure they'll all wear their rings...why wouldn't they? If this isn't an occasion to put on the bling, what is?

If he goes, I hope he brings Kessler and/or Judge Berman with him on the field. It would be nice to see Deion.
I'm pretty sure your joking (a :) would have helped), but just in case you're not: That's a really, really good idea, with the Appeal coming up a month from the date of the game :rolleyes: ...yeah, just rub it into the faces of the all the judges on the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and dare them, before a Global TV audience, to overturn the ruling...yeah, that would really work in his favor. o_O None of us know who will be appointed to the Panel, but you can bet the farm that they will all have egos the size of California and will have virtually absolute power in this matter, subject to reversal only by SCOTUS (if it even agreed to hear the case) and would probably overturn the ruling just to spite Berman and Brady after a stunt like that.

That's the best part.

I like a little controversy as much as the next guy...but one reason so many people dislike TB is because to them, he is not "one of the guys." Skipping out on the Pro Bowl every year to avoid injury is probably not a huge deal, but things like not going with the team to the White House or in this case, skipping out on an MVP ceremony creates more negative or uncertain headlines.
What do you gain by doing that? (just my opinion).

Tom's busy preparing for training camp.

Not sure. But i'll respect whatever decision he makes. If he goes then he is showing them he's above it, if he doesn't go then good for him giving them the finger while they are still full steam ahead on trying to get his suspension to stick

Brady attended and did the coin toss for SB 40 where they invited MVPs there. Long time ago though...

Yeah, and then walked off the field and went home.

Determined Pats QB Tom Brady 'playing on a different planet' - USATODAY.com
The elder Brady, speaking from his home in Northern California, said, "Tommy had a lot of success early on. (After the 2005 season), he flipped the coin before the Super Bowl, walked off the field, through the tunnel and flew home. He said, 'I can't watch a Super Bowl I'm not playing in.'

I like a little controversy as much as the next guy...but one reason so many people dislike TB is because to them, he is not "one of the guys." Skipping out on the Pro Bowl every year to avoid injury is probably not a huge deal, but things like not going with the team to the White House or in this case, skipping out on an MVP ceremony creates more negative or uncertain headlines.
What do you gain by doing that? (just my opinion).
Normally I agree, but with the absolute lack of respect and crap that has been thrown his way I don't think it matters if Tom Brady donates his entire fortune to build homeless shelters and becomes a full-time tutor for disadvantaged youths, those same people will still find a reason to smear him and try to discredit his accomplishments and rightful claim to the greatest QB of all time. Because he is such a class act, I believe he will go, but I wouldn't blame him and would actually support him if decided to stay home and told the NFL to go screw themselves.

If I were an arsehole (which I am :D) I'd reply "I am unable to attend as I have to meet with counsel to prepare for an upcoming court date." (and yes, I know that Brady doesn't have to do anything to get ready for March's court dates which makes the reply even more of an f-you to the league).

Unfortunately, Brady is not an arsehole. :(

"Sincerely Roger Goodell", Tom just go to Brazil.

I can't remember which year (maybe 2006, Steelers vs. Seahawks?) but Brady was asked to do the Superbowl coin flip even though the Patriots weren't playing. I thought it was weird to have an active player do it.

Anyways, IIRC, he did the flip and immediately left without watching the game.

Hope him and Deion snub and are seen at a nearby Denny's or something as it's going on.

Does Denny's serve avacado ice cream?

why should he not go?
I think not going creates an issue and side story that does not need to exist.
CREATES A STORY????????????
Wow, that's like saying the nail created a story with the hammer.

Doesn't that post imply that he might go, it's a great honor and he hopes to be wearing his helmet. To me that says "I'll be there just hope I'm wearing my helmet"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents