PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Redskins scare anybody here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can all agree in the Redskins nation that Snyder is an idiot.

However, that's just sour luck for us. It's sad because most of the fanbase loved this team BEFORE Snyder came along. You can't just stop being a fan because you don't like the owner.

OK, I'm going to tone it down a bit right now and admit that I have lived here in Maryland for the past twenty years and am VERY P.O'd at what Snyder has done to a very storied organization with, perhaps, the best fanbase in the NFL.

I'm pissed, because I feel it's a disgrace. I feel Snyder is a disgrace ESPECIALLY because he is doing it to you people. If this was Arizona or St Louis or Tampa Bay - - well then who cares? But to the MD-VA-DC fans? Uh uh. The Redskins are really the only thing that brings together in a proud, civic way a very transient region. The Skins truly give the region a unifying symbol that is not existent in anything else. Black, white, latino, Asian, native Washingtonians, transplants, etc. all come together for the Skins and it's always been a beautiful thing to watch.

Stand up to this man and take back your team, d%#*!@t. I can guarantee you that in many, many cities around the U.S. this human canker sore would have been run out on a rail by now.

One thing I keep reading is how the Pats #1 rated Offense hasn't played a Defense like #5 rated Washington yet

That's true but likewise....the Redskins #25 ranked Offense has yet to play a Defense like #4 ranked New England. How's that going to work out?

OK, I'm going to tone it down a bit right now and admit that I have lived here in Maryland for the past twenty years and am VERY P.O'd at what Snyder has done to a very storied organization with, perhaps, the best fanbase in the NFL.

I'm pissed, because I feel it's a disgrace. I feel Snyder is a disgrace ESPECIALLY because he is doing it to you people. If this was Arizona or St Louis or Tampa Bay - - well then who cares? But to the MD-VA-DC fans? Uh uh. The Redskins are really the only thing that brings together in a proud, civic way a very transient region. The Skins truly give the region a unifying symbol that is not existent in anything else. Black, white, latino, Asian, native Washingftonians, transplants, etc. all come together for the Skins and it's always been a beautiful thing to watch.

Stand up to this man and take back your team, d%#*!@t. I can guarantee you that in many, many cities around the U.S. this human caker sore would have been run out on a rail by now.

I wish there was a way to do that.

The only thing we can hope for is that Snyder dies an early death or someone that actually gives a rip about the team instead of the money comes along and buys it out.

If neither of these things happens, we're stuck with this love/hate relationship forever and ever.

Last edited:
One thing I keep reading is how the Pats #1 rated Offense hasn't played a Defense like #5 rated Washington yet

That's true but likewise....the Redskins #25 ranked Offense has yet to play a Defense like #4 ranked New England. How's that going to work out?

That's going to be a test for sure.

Our offense has not played up to standard this year since Week 2. This is why most Skins' fans believe that our D will win this game for us (or at least keep it close). The fans without balls have already marked it as an L and say we should play our third stringers.

That's how it works in Redskins land.

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to do that.

The only thing we can hope for is that Snyder dies an early death or someone that actually gives a rip about the team instead of the money comes along and buys it out.

If neither of those two things happens, we're stuck with this love/hate relationship forever and ever.

There are PLENTY of ways. I sympathize and understand season ticket holders would never give up their tickets {and lose out on the opportunity for another 50 years] but there are other ways to keep him from still running revenue at a record clip. An organized boycott of team merchandise until he sells, picketing the stadium, boycotting the advertizers who buy time on the teams radio broadcasts. You folks have a HUGE and loyal fanbase. YOU are the boss, not that little twerp who is also taking Six Flags America into the dustbin. Boycott the Six Flags park in Maryland. You DO have leverage if it's that important to you.

However, saying you have no control over it.......and then taking your kid to the local Giant or Safeway to buy some Redskins drinking glasses is not working in your favor.

I'm sorry, but it DOES give the rest of the nation the image of you folks not being realists and being blind homers. Unfortunately, folks who would overlook and support such a theft of their own money and their beloved team are NOT going to be taken seriously by those who clearly see what is going on there.

I'm rooting for the Redskins fans in this, but you're going to have to take a stand for yourselves or be resigned to this relatively young napolean screwing you and your children for decades to come.

i am not scared about them. Ya their D is really good but i think the pats offense is just that good to beat any offense.

Since Bill Belichick is not my boss, I can be confident...can't I?;)

I don't think other fans realize how overwhelming the Patriots are on both sides of the ball.

We have the 3 ingredients that many teams have. They are:

Talent - The bare essential of any successful team
Desire - Didn't the Patriots re-invent this word in 2001?
Coaching - Perhaps the most under-rated quality in coaching is the ability to bring talent & desire together with a quality game plan and translate all that into....EXECUTION ... not as individuals, but as a team.

In my opinion, the secret to the Patriots success is the uncanny focus Belichick teams show year-after-year. Some teams have all of the above, but few have all 3 at the highest levels and are able to combine the focus required to sustain greatness.

net/net...IMO, the Patriots will overwhelm the Skins just as they have in our previous 7 games. Does that mean we win by 21 points? Probably more like 14-17

Last edited:
You realize that expecting Washington to win is foolish and homerish, right?

Washington is playing a team which has won every game by 17+ points. Washington is facing a quarterback that has thrown 27 TDs to 2 INTs. You're saying that those trends, over seven games, are insignificant.

The Skins have a chance. Pretending the chance is good is just silly, though.

I didn't expect NE to win superbowl 36. I knew they had a shot but realized that St. Louis had a distinct advantage. It probably made the win even better.

Funny, but I've seen a lot of foolish and homerish comments from some of the folks here too.

You haven't played any tough teams, and Brady, while putting up amazing stats, isn't fool proof. Four interceptions, and a passer rating of 34.0 against Indy last season is enough for me to know he can be rattled. Washington is only giving up 14 points per game on average, and have played two of the top passing teams in the league, and shut them down. Why in hell shouldn't I think that my D can't do the same this week, because you say so.:rolleyes:

I'm not saying the trend of Brady's consistant play is insignificant, your saying the play of my D is.

I'm not saying the trend of Brady's consistant play is insignificant, your saying the play of my D is.

Our bad. The fact that Brady has 3 rings in the past 6 years will do that us. What has your D done?

ES blocks no person from signing up. When you register, you will get an automated mail to finish your registration. It often goes to peoples spam file depending on their settings. You might want to check to see if that's the case

Actually is does block you from signing up if you use a free email account such as hotmail or gmail. I don't have a work email right now so I can't sign up.

Last edited:
Not really scared but if the Pats get way to full of themselves they could lose.. It's unlikely though since they seem to want to prove a point.

Pete

Funny, but I've seen a lot of foolish and homerish comments from some of the folks here too.

You haven't played any tough teams, and Brady, while putting up amazing stats, isn't fool proof. Four interceptions, and a passer rating of 34.0 against Indy last season is enough for me to know he can be rattled. Washington is only giving up 14 points per game on average, and have played two of the top passing teams in the league, and shut them down. Why in hell shouldn't I think that my D can't do the same this week, because you say so.:rolleyes:

Here's a big difference: our team is 7-0 while yours is 4-2.

Is it homerish for us to think it'll take a great, complete team (which the Redskins are not) to beat NE? That seems pretty reasonable considering the 7-0 record and complete domination we've seen.

Meanwhile, your team has lost to the Giants and the Packers and needed overtime to beat an awful Miami team. Is it homerish to think that team will knock off the best team in the league? I think so.

NE played an undefeated Cowboys team that is better than Washington and beat them by 21. Please stop with the "NE hasn't played anyone." Heck, NE has beaten a SD team that I'd argue is better than Washington.

Congrats, you guys have a good defense. You have a crappy offense. NE has played and beaten that team before, when NE wasn't this good. We called them Jacksonville.

Patriot_in_NY said it well. We get this every single week. Dallas, Cleveland, Cincy, and SD fans all came here talking smack with little understanding of this NE team (at least NYJ, Buf, and Miami fans are familiar with NE), and we saw very few of them after the games. This is our site. The honus is on you to come up with something substantive, rather than "but our defense is really good and you haven't played anyone."

Actually is does block you from signing up if you use a free email account such as hotmail or gmail. I don't have a work email right now so I can't sign up.

Same here. I tried to register there and couldn't using free email. I'd never give out a work email address to a message board.

Our bad. The fact that Brady has 3 rings in the past 6 years will do that us. What has your D done?

Our D hasn't done a thing:rolleyes: you should surely look past them..........

Wow........ three rings. I guess I'm to get all giddy over that. You can piss your pants over it, but knowing who you guys play on a regular bassis, I won't be picking up a box of depends this week. Your team is having a great run, but it will come to an end as all teams have had happen. Then it's back to sucking for decades with a playoff birth here and there. It's happened to the best of them. I don't blame you for enjoying it, but there isn't a team out there that is unstoppable. If you think you team is unstoppable, you a complete fool.

The Dolphins perfect season was a fluke, greatly due to playing extremely week teams. The difference now is you have to play the NFC, and you haven't faced their best D yet.

The only game we havent shut down a dominant passer was this past week because we had 3 of 5 O line men in that are third string and the D was on the field forever in the second half. We'll have much of our starting line back this week, and that will keep the O moving, and the D fresh to tare your team a new one.

Wow........ three rings. I guess I'm to get all giddy over that. You can piss your pants over it, but knowing who you guys play on a regular bassis, I won't be picking up a box of depends this week.

Then you should head for your nearest pharmacy asap. The Pats dominated your archrival (you know the team that is in first place in your division) in their own building.

The Cowboys will easily win that division while the Giants (you know that other division team that has already beaten you in your own buildng) will vie for the wild card.

Philly is pretty bad, so you guys are looking at third place. After this week, we will not give your also ran team a second thought while we enjoy one of the greatest seasons ever.

I'm always fascinating by folks like you who sign up for a rodeo riding a hobby horse.

Cheers!

Honestly, Redskin fans are like an infestation of termites. I can't wait until Sunday so we can be rid of them.

Wow........ three rings. I guess I'm to get all giddy over that. You can piss your pants over it, but knowing who you guys play on a regular bassis, I won't be picking up a box of depends this week. Your team is having a great run, but it will come to an end as all teams have had happen. Then it's back to sucking for decades with a playoff birth here and there. It's happened to the best of them. I don't blame you for enjoying it, but there isn't a team out there that is unstoppable. If you think you team is unstoppable, you a complete fool.

The Dolphins perfect season was a fluke, greatly due to playing extremely week teams. The difference now is you have to play the NFC, and you haven't faced their best D yet.

The only game we havent shut down a dominant passer was this past week because we had 3 of 5 O line men in that are third string and the D was on the field forever in the second half. We'll have much of our starting line back this week, and that will keep the O moving, and the D fresh to tare your team a new one.

At least we agree on one thing. One of these teams is going to get sodomized so badly this weekend they'll play the rest of the season attached to a colostomy bag.

Here's a big difference: our team is 7-0 while yours is 4-2.

Is it homerish for us to think it'll take a great, complete team (which the Redskins are not) to beat NE? That seems pretty reasonable considering the 7-0 record and complete domination we've seen.

Meanwhile, your team has lost to the Giants and the Packers and needed overtime to beat an awful Miami team. Is it homerish to think that team will knock off the best team in the league? I think so.

NE played an undefeated Cowboys team that is better than Washington and beat them by 21. Please stop with the "NE hasn't played anyone." Heck, NE has beaten a SD team that I'd argue is better than Washington.

Congrats, you guys have a good defense. You have a crappy offense. NE has played and beaten that team before, when NE wasn't this good. We called them Jacksonville.

Patriot_in_NY said it well. We get this every single week. Dallas, Cleveland, Cincy, and SD fans all came here talking smack with little understanding of this NE team (at least NYJ, Buf, and Miami fans are familiar with NE), and we saw very few of them after the games. This is our site. The honus is on you to come up with something substantive, rather than "but our defense is really good and you haven't played anyone."

Bla bla bla .........you guys said that in 03 and we came back.

Thats why the skins series is 6-1 against you guys and its been 35 -years the last time you guys beat us.To be honest the skins have more weapons than the Pats.Only thing better is the QB and WR and one CB.

It's ok let them talk cause there D is no where as good as ours and thats an fact since they have only played one good O and that O who they beat has yet to play an good azz D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST