PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Redskins scare anybody here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok let them talk cause there D is no where as good as ours and thats an fact since they have only played one good O and that O who they beat has yet to play an good azz D.

I can only imagine how proud of you the other Redskins fans are.

i am not scared about them. Ya their D is really good but i think the pats offense is just that good to beat any offense.

The Skins aren't a great team, but they're nonetheless very solid, and very, very well coached-Al Saunders and Greg Williams are arguably 2 of the best assistants in the NFL.

I expect them to battle for the NFCE all the way to the end of the wire.

Bla bla bla .........you guys said that in 03 and we came back.

Thats why the skins series is 6-1 against you guys and its been 35 -years the last time you guys beat us.To be honest the skins have more weapons than the Pats.Only thing better is the QB and WR and one CB.

Nice, I make a reasoned reply and you respond with this trash. In 2003 NE was 2-1 when they played Washington and went on their run afterwards. What happened decades ago is relevant?

Did you even bother reading what I wrote? From your reply it isn't apparent.

Grit you teeth guys (and gals), it'll all be over by Sunday night and they'll be gone. I think skins fans might be the most delusional of the bunch.

Grit you teeth guys (and gals), it'll all be over by Sunday night and they'll be gone. I think skins fans might be the most delusional of the bunch.

Not delusional.

I'm sure if the Pats were 4-2 going against a powerhouse then you would find reasons that your team could beat them down.

And like I said before.. I think I'll stick around after this game. You know.. just in case we see you guys again in the Super Bowl. Face it.. EVERYONE has a shot in the NFC.

It's ok let them talk cause there D is no where as good as ours and thats an fact since they have only played one good O and that O who they beat has yet to play an good azz D.

We've played one good offense? Sorry to break this to you but the Chargers, Bengals, Browns and Cowboys all have better offenses than the Redskins. In fact, Miami even has a better rated offense than your Skins. The Redskins are 25th in yards per game and 17th in points per game. What a juggernaut you have there.

Last edited:
Not delusional.

I'm sure if the Pats were 4-2 going against a powerhouse then you would find reasons that your team could beat them down.

And like I said before.. I think I'll stick around after this game. You know.. just in case we see you guys again in the Super Bowl. Face it.. EVERYONE has a shot in the NFC.

Most of us believe we'll see the Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

And then we yawn.

Most of us believe we'll see the Cowboys in the Super Bowl.

And then we yawn.

I think that even if we don't beat you guys, we're going to have a great rest of the season. I see us finishing around 11-5 or possibly even 12-4. Only time will tell. Most Skins' fans seem to think the playoff race between us and the Boys' will come down to the final game on Dec. 30th when we play them at home.

I think that even if we don't beat you guys, we're going to have a great rest of the season. I see us finishing around 11-5 or possibly even 12-4. Only time will tell. Most Skins' fans seem to think the playoff race between us and the Boys' will come down to the final game on Dec. 30th when we play them at home.

Forgetting the Giants?

One thing I keep reading is how the Pats #1 rated Offense hasn't played a Defense like #5 rated Washington yet

That's true but likewise....the Redskins #25 ranked Offense has yet to play a Defense like #4 ranked New England. How's that going to work out?

That's the matchup in a nutshell to me.

The more I learn about the Redskins, the more interesting this game looks to me...when the Pats are on offense. Brady has been facing a ton of blitzes recently and torn them apart. I'm very curious to see what happens against a team with a strong and athletic secondary that sits back and tries to cover. It should be a genuine challenge.

It's the matchup on the other side of the ball that leaves me most confident. Redskins fans in this thread and others have offered lots of reasons why their defense might be the ones to slow down NE's offensive juggernaut, but there's scarcely a word about how Washington's unreliable offense matches up against the Pats' defense. Campbell has thrown as many INTs as TDs and is averaging a very medicore 7.0 yds/att. Portis is averaging just 3.9 yds/carry. Chris Cooley is a nice player, but not the Gates/Clark level to give the linebacking corps fits. There's just nothing there to scare me too much.

they have a running game that could run up some yards and keep Brady, Moss et al off the field. their secondary is fine. Scared? No, but I would be if i thought the players had the same overconfidence as some posters. Nervous. Yes.

they have a running game that could run up some yards and keep Brady, Moss et al off the field. their secondary is fine. Scared? No, but I would be if i thought the players had the same overconfidence as some posters. Nervous. Yes.

Well apparently keeping the Pats off the field will not do it.

TOP:

Miami- 35:05
NE-24:55

Well apparently keeping the Pats off the field will not do it.

TOP:

Miami- 35:05
NE-24:55

i made the same point about top earlier this week...but your offense will challenge us a lot more than the fins and your d's better...if we have those numbers this sunday, it's gonna be a long afternoon

i made the same point about top earlier this week...but your offense will challenge us a lot more than the fins and your d's better...if we have those numbers this sunday, it's gonna be a long afternoon

ESPN insider has the Pats taking every category QB,WR, RB....

except for ... DL and DB, which was expected.

Truth be told, I only credit the Pats for two Super Bowl victories. The first one was not legit IMHO. The AFC playoff game vs the Raiders and the infamous tuck play. Any true football player knows a fumble when he sees one. :rocker:

Any true football fan knows the rules. I don't like the tuck rule either. It wasn't the only time since it's inception that the tuck rule has been called and in some it even looked more like a fumble.

ESPN insider has the Pats taking every category QB,WR, RB....

except for ... DL and DB, which was expected.

DL????????? Are they kidding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe