PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Redskins scare anybody here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landry runs a 4.3 and has incredible football speed..... Taylor has been praised all year for covering more ground than any other safety in the league..... just ask Favre another future HOF QB who threw 2 picks to Taylor.... In that game Taylor dropped 3 INTS right in his hands as well.

You can go ahead and quote his stopwatch time. I'll still take Moss vs the rookie Landry, 1 on 1 running down the field all day Sunday. With Brady throwing the ball do you really think he has a chance to win that matchup? And if as you say Taylor dropped 3 picks, that shows you that his hands aren't anything special. :)

Your pass rushers better put on a special performance on Sunday because the Pats offensive line has been one of the best in the league at pass protection. And if Brady has time to throw he will make you pay no matter who you have back there.

Last edited:
no it isn't in FF mode. Interceptions lead to scored points which was what I was initially trying to say. Interceptions also STOP other teams from scoring which is also the point. Even though we lost to GB, those 2 ints by Taylor were essential to stopping the Packers from scoring more points.

So tell me again how INTERCEPTING the ball to stop another team from scoring, and to help put your team in a position to score is just "trying to pad stats" again?

Congratulations. It helped keep the game close.

Once again, like a typical Dan Snyder follower, your focus is nowhere near the W. You're all about "moral victories" - - that's exactly what you are arguing here.

"Moral Victories" haven't been our goal since late October 2001.

Sorry that we can't relate.

Congratulations. It helped keep the game close.

Once again, like a typical Dan Snyder follower, your focus is nowhere near the W. You're all about "moral victories" - - that's exactly what you are arguing here.

"Moral Victories" haven't been our goal since late October 2001.

Sorry that we can't relate.

lol at "my focus is nowhere near the W"

all I can do is laugh at that. Do you think I cared that we barely beat the Cards and had less than 200 yards of total offense? no b/c a W is a W in my book.

When we had the least offensive yards in playoff history against the TB Bucs in 05 but we STILL won the game, do you think I gave a damn about the f***ing stats????

hell No! We won and moved on and that's all that matters. I couldn't care less about the stats. I was just trying to get you to understand that game changing plays like INT'S on defense can HELP the team win the game, and that Sean Taylor is playing very well this season, but obviously you didn't understand that.

Last edited:
I plan on betting $100 on the Pats covering the spread, which I haven't even seen yet.

I heard it's 16.5 again.

I think the Redskins are routable. I think it's a healthy spread but the potential to rout them and cover is not a bad bet IMO.

A lot will depend on how much intensity the Pats can generate. I never worry about Brady's intensity, but the defense has me wondering. That's where you could suffer with the spread.

Again, if I was to bet I'd bet that Bill is going to hammer them over their lapses in Miami. I would expect this to become a tune up game for the defense. This is like the 3rd game of preseason for them: Let's show that we're ready to rock.

If true, then Washington is in for a rough day.

Washington may come ready to play their SB though. They need high intensity, not let an opening drive-TD get them down, and stick to a very good game plan that exploits the secondary. Otherwise, sayonara White Men.

I men Red Men.

My point is, just give it up, they can't accept the fact that they've played a cupcake schedule so far no matter how many facts and numbers you show them that prove it. Good luck to the Skins! I would love to see them give the Pats a game.
Fine!

Add the Washington Redskins to the cupcake schedule because after another New England Patriots slaughter, the Skins will be 4-3.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to disagree with all of you, but as a Skins' fan, I feel that it's my duty.

I can certainly see where most of you are coming from in aspects to how we've played so far this year. However, our defense is a force to be reckoned with and must be respected. Our offense can be explosive, and sadly, we have yet to see any of that this year. Will we have a breakout game against a very good Pats D? Only time will tell.

I respect the Patriots and how well they have played this year. It's going to be a tough match-up Sunday, and hopefully it'll be a good clean game with the outcome in the Skins' favor. If not, then d%#*!@t.

At least the Rockies will still beat the Sox.:)

Last edited:
Their secondary would scare me if we had last years recievers not this years, and Portis/Randell El scare me because of how mediocre our defense was against Miami. If you look at the stats that is.

Nice one! I am really looking forward to this. Lets play the what if game. What if by some chance the Redskins win....... do we get apologies for you guys being so nasty?

Nah...we only apologize when the Pats win. :)

You can go ahead and quote his stopwatch time. I'll still take Moss vs the rookie Landry, 1 on 1 running down the field all day Sunday. With Brady throwing the ball do you really think he has a chance to win that matchup? And if as you say Taylor dropped 3 picks, that shows you that his hands aren't anything special. :)

Your pass rushers better put on a special performance on Sunday because the Pats offensive line has been one of the best in the league at pass protection. And if Brady has time to throw he will make you pay no matter who you have back there.

I'm just gonna jump in here with a few comments after reading through this entire thread.

Say what you will about our rookie safety.......... he won't be matched up against Moss, that will be Taylors job. Only a complete moron would think we would have Landry on Moss by choice. If it does happen, the kid can keep up just fine, and make him pay if Moss does happen to catch it.

Moss is the same guy he's always been, except for his behavior. He seems far more mature then he's ever been. He's an outstanding player, but can be made a non factor, and has been in the past more then once. Doesn't matter who is throwing the ball. Hell, the Redskins have been shutting down Moss from the time he entered the league starting with a corner that was 5 ft nine, 180 lbs. Taylor is on a tare, and I'm fairly sure Moss has noticed that. Won't be the first time he's gotten alagator arms when he hears those foot steps.

Your O line is outstanding, and TB is one lucky dude to have that type of protection. Our front 4 on D, while you may not realize, have matched up against some extremely good O lines, and have consistantly gotten presure on the QB's they face. You guys are gonna have little choice but throw. Nobody has run on us yet for any real yardage, so throw your best at us in the passing game, because that's all you'll have to work with.

I guess we'll just have to see who pays with who ever is back there.

I'm not like the other Skiins fans that have stopped by, and hate to piss in your popcorn., but I don't expect NE to win, and if by chance they do, it will be by 7 or less.

Here's to a good clean game, with no injuries on either team.

I'm just gonna jump in here with a few comments after reading through this entire thread.

Say what you will about our rookie safety.......... he won't be matched up against Moss, that will be Taylors job. Only a complete moron would think we would have Landry on Moss by choice. If it does happen, the kid can keep up just fine, and make him pay if Moss does happen to catch it.

Moss is the same guy he's always been, except for his behavior. He seems far more mature then he's ever been. He's an outstanding player, but can be made a non factor, and has been in the past more then once. Doesn't matter who is throwing the ball. Hell, the Redskins have been shutting down Moss from the time he entered the league starting with a corner that was 5 ft nine, 180 lbs. Taylor is on a tare, and I'm fairly sure Moss has noticed that. Won't be the first time he's gotten alagator arms when he hears those foot steps.

Your O line is outstanding, and TB is one lucky dude to have that type of protection. Our front 4 on D, while you may not realize, have matched up against some extremely good O lines, and have consistantly gotten presure on the QB's they face. You guys are gonna have little choice but throw. Nobody has run on us yet for any real yardage, so throw your best at us in the passing game, because that's all you'll have to work with.

I guess we'll just have to see who pays with who ever is back there.

I'm not like the other Skiins fans that have stopped by, and hate to piss in your popcorn., but I don't expect NE to win, and if by chance they do, it will be by 7 or less.

Here here!

Sean Taylor and Landry dont play corner. They have no hope of matching Moss or Stallworth in a footrace. If I can get a 1 on 1 matchup of Moss vs Landry, you can bet I'll take that matchup all day long! Welcome to the NFL rookie!

PS if you watched highlights of the Dolphins game, you'll see Moss beating 2 man coverage routinely for catches and 2 TDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0rEv6Gfk8

Fast forward to 1:55 and see if Moss outjumps Taylor. Try that Long ball and I'll guarantee Moss won't stand a chance

Last edited:
I will have sex with Jason Campbell if we win this game.

AKA I really don't see us winning. Our defense "in theory" can match up w/ the PAT's receivers cuz we have the athletes. The two times randy has played against Sean "The Meast" Taylor he hasn't done to well. ST with his size, athleticism and hitting ability is one of the few safeties that can "slow down" randy. We got good corners and laron landry will lay out a few hit sticks. there is a possiblity that welker will not finish this game. However, as well as we match u w/ NE's O comapred to most others in the league our O is playing like **** and against a big powerful front 7 with a depleted line and a young qb doens't look good. I just hope our team gets some good experience and gels and that no one has any injuries.

go skinz

pats have started fast in all games but this game is even more important. We can't fall behind a good defense. I wouldn't be surprised if the pats dont move the ball and score in the 1st series like they have done in all games.

but I don't expect NE to win, and if by chance they do, it will be by 7 or less.

You realize that expecting Washington to win is foolish and homerish, right?

Washington is playing a team which has won every game by 17+ points. Washington is facing a quarterback that has thrown 27 TDs to 2 INTs. You're saying that those trends, over seven games, are insignificant.

The Skins have a chance. Pretending the chance is good is just silly, though.

I didn't expect NE to win superbowl 36. I knew they had a shot but realized that St. Louis had a distinct advantage. It probably made the win even better.

What a homer! The Redskins gave up 24 points AT HOME to the NY Giants with Eli Manning at quarterback and you expect Washington to slow down the Patriots offense? The Patriots, by far, have a more explosive and productive offense than the NY Giants. The Patriots will score at least 30 on the Redskins and you can book it. As for the Washington offense, expect alot of three and outs because the Redskins offensive line is banged up. The Patriots will get plenty of chances to score and I expect Jason Campbell to turnover the football.

Well you certainly present yourself in a far more respectful way, but then you come off at the end as having some degree of certainty based on...um...WHAT exactly? Your team BARELY beat Miami. OUR team could have actually - in real terms - put up EIGHTY POINTS on them. 80. Eight ZERO.

Sorry, man. Oh, but please go with your instinct. Take the Redskins to win out or at least to cover. If they're either going to beat us or lose by a TD or less, that's easy money.

The two times randy has played against Sean "The Meast" Taylor he hasn't done to {sic} well.

Um...tell me - whose offense was Randy Moss playing in then, and who was throwing the ball to him? I swear to God, I thought Redskins fans were supposed to be well-informed, life-long followers of the game. This is asinine.

We will pummel you guys. Please promise me you'll come back afterwards. This is all too silly, and all WAY too familiar. Every week it's a new troll nation, every week they're F-ing wrong. YAWN.

You realize that expecting Washington to win is foolish and homerish, right?

Washington is playing a team which has won every game by 17+ points. Washington is facing a quarterback that has thrown 27 TDs to 2 INTs. You're saying that those trends, over seven games, are insignificant.

The Skins have a chance. Pretending the chance is good is just silly, though.

I didn't expect NE to win superbowl 36. I knew they had a shot but realized that St. Louis had a distinct advantage. It probably made the win even better.
Havent played no good D yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey