PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the Redskins scare anybody here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Landry runs a 4.3 and has incredible football speed..... Taylor has been praised all year for covering more ground than any other safety in the league..... just ask Favre another future HOF QB who threw 2 picks to Taylor.... In that game Taylor dropped 3 INTS right in his hands as well.

2007 Brett Favre doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Brady. He's also INT prone, whereas Brady is one of the best at avoiding INTs (I believe he leads KC Joyner's bad decision percentage stat every year).

I see what you're saying, and Landry/Taylor are quite the duo. We just have a bunch of faith in our guy.

We win by 20 easy.
I spoke w a Skins fan today at work and he expects a 30+ beating ...

By the way, you didn't answer my question. Which team won the game, Green Bay or Washington?

Well he didn't make the comment... and sadly we gave the game away with an offensive fumble that was returned for a TD and GB won. BUT the point i was trying to make is... at that point Favre was one of the top ranked passers and we shut him down completely.

Nah, the only thing that scares me is injuries. It would just be Indys luck for 2 or 3 key players to go down on offense or defense with injuries. Since Indy magically gets through every season with simple cuts and bruises, we need all hands on deck.

Well he didn't make the comment... and sadly we gave the game away with an offensive fumble that was returned for a TD and GB won. BUT the point i was trying to make is... at that point Favre was one of the top ranked passers and we shut him down completely.
Tom Brady doesn't throw away games like Brett Farve has this decade.

Tom Brady doesn't throw away games like Brett Farve has this decade.

Granted... i have said nothing but great things about #12. He is one of the best QBs of all time. I have always said it is great that we are living in the era where we get to watch two of the all time greats if not two of the top 5 QBs take the field. I am simply just saying that it will not be a walk in the park.

By the way, you didn't answer my question. Which team won the game, Green Bay or Washington?

GB duh.

Now answer mine. Did or did not the league leader in interceptions Sean Taylor get 2 ints against Brett Favre?

Last edited:
Nah, the only thing that scares me is injuries. It would just be Indys luck for 2 or 3 key players to go down on offense or defense with injuries. Since Indy magically gets through every season with simple cuts and bruises, we need all hands on deck.

The Patriots have only had one injury riddled season I can think of recently, and that was last year when your secondary was wiped out...and the Pats still made the playoffs.
As a bengals fan, I know ALL ABOUT injuries.
Our entire starting LB corps....gone.
Our top 3 RB's...gone.
Both starting offensive tackles...gone until this past Sunday
best #3 WR in the NFL...gone, suspended for being a ****head
And so on, and so forth.
I actually grew up in the DC area and was a huge Skins fan in the 1980's and 1990's until I moved to the Cincy area, and adopted the crappy bengals as my team in 1992...it's been a long, painful ride to mediocrity (which Pats fans can relate to...I remember when they were gawdawful too!) and I hope that we can eke out a win against the Squeelers.
But you guys should have some concern about that Skins defense. It's been reliably in the top 5-10 defenses in the NFl for some time now.
If they can get their patchwork Oline to open up holes for Portis and Betts and gather some time for Campbell to get some underneath stuff to convert third downs, the game could be interesting.
Prediction: Pats 28, Skins 14.
Go Foreskins!

I'm not worried but I won't over look them due to the fact that they have a very impressive defense.

The Patriots have only had one injury riddled season I can think of recently, and that was last year when your secondary was wiped out...and the Pats still made the playoffs.
As a bengals fan, I know ALL ABOUT injuries.
Our entire starting LB corps....gone.
Our top 3 RB's...gone.
Both starting offensive tackles...gone until this past Sunday
best #3 WR in the NFL...gone, suspended for being a ****head
And so on, and so forth.
I actually grew up in the DC area and was a huge Skins fan in the 1980's and 1990's until I moved to the Cincy area, and adopted the crappy bengals as my team in 1992...it's been a long, painful ride to mediocrity (which Pats fans can relate to...I remember when they were gawdawful too!) and I hope that we can eke out a win against the Squeelers.
But you guys should have some concern about that Skins defense. It's been reliably in the top 5-10 defenses in the NFl for some time now.
If they can get their patchwork Oline to open up holes for Portis and Betts and gather some time for Campbell to get some underneath stuff to convert third downs, the game could be interesting.
Prediction: Pats 28, Skins 14.
Go Foreskins!

Wrong. IN 2003 we were decimated. Ditto for 2004 when we were starting Earthwind Mooreland and Randall Gay in the playoffs and again last year in 2006.

the skins are a big play team with a solid D. i'd say they concern me, maybe not scare, but definitely concern. if we're looking past them to Indy, it's gonna be a long afternoon

One of the reasons I can see this game covering is BB taking it easy on a guy like Gibbs - an old schooler with integrity. I don't see the team trying to run up the score. Expectations here - Pats have they game comfortably won throughout, but play more of a ball control, run the clock type of offense once the score is open.

ATippet: Which team won the game?

that wasn't the point.

This is the quintessential post that defines Skinsfan07. Dude, your head is in Fantasy Football mode. The game is played to win, not to pad stats. The minute your child-owner learns that, maybe - just maybe, your organization will be able to turn itself around.

Great success!!!! Was there a celebration in the streets of Georgetown that night???

Seriously, winning is waaaaaaayyyyyyy more fun than having great stats. Just ask Dan Fouts.

......and beat the Eagles and TO in Super Bowl 39.........after beating Peyton Manning (in his record breaking season) 20-3 in the AFCC. Yes, that was Randall Gay and Asante Samuel (in his 2nd year) subbing for injured Ty law and Ty Poole. They were assisted by Hank Poteat, Earthwind Moreland and Troy Brown as the other CB's.

Let's recap: That year in the postseason, they beat Air McNair (co-MVP), Peyton Maning (co-MVP) and Donovan McNabb with a secondary of CB's that included one 4th rounder, one 8th rounder (playing out of position) and 3 street free agents.

Now, please keep bragging about the great roster of 1st rounders in the Redskin secondary and why I should be impressed.

Thank you for playing.

ATippet: Which team won the game?

This is the quintessential post that defines Skinsfan07. Dude, your head is in Fantasy Football mode. The game is played to win, not to pad stats. The minute your child-owner learns that, maybe - just maybe, your organization will be able to turn itself around.

no it isn't in FF mode. Interceptions lead to scored points which was what I was initially trying to say. Interceptions also STOP other teams from scoring which is also the point. Even though we lost to GB, those 2 ints by Taylor were essential to stopping the Packers from scoring more points. And had it not been for Moss' fumble that they returned for a TD, we wold be talking about how those int's saved the day and helped a helluva lot in our win over the Packers.

So tell me again how INTERCEPTING the ball to stop another team from scoring, and to help put your team in a position to score is just "trying to pad stats" again?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back