PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennis Green Fired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dennis Green Fired

Bad move. Green was starting to build a better team. Remember it took Belichick 3 years before the Pats starting flying.

How does Matt Millen still have a job, and Dennis Green gets fired so quickly!?

'Nice Guy' Dennis Green Fired at Arizona today

Dennis Green is one of the nicest head coaches out there but was unfortunately head coach of one of the most underacheived non emotional teams this year and was Fired by the Arizona Cardinals this afternoon.

The Cardinals have 2 of the best WRs in the game and a potential HOF running back but could not put it together..Again

I hope he finds a good team to join next season..Dennis has alot of football knowledge to give to the right team and he can still be successful.

Maybe we can find a place for him on the staff...I think he would help us on offense next year,maybe as an OC if McDaniels leaves or is demoted or fired .

(Pounding the podium)

This NEWS was what we THOUGHT it would be!!!!!!!

What we THOUGHT it would be!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 'Nice Guy' Dennis Green Fired at Arizona today

What NEM said.

"The BEARS WERE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!"

classic

Bad move. Dennis Green had been making the Cardinals better year-by-year. He just needed to draft offensive linemen in 2007 and his offense would have been Bengals-like.

He was fired too quickly, IMO.

I agree... How this Matt Millen still have a job?

I believe that there is a lot more to it than just that. Green had a way of beeing very irritating to a lot of people. And, he made some really bad moves with players on the team that got released ......Pete Kendall, for one.

How is that different from when Belichick cleared house with Slade, Lane, and lots of other players?

The Cardinals put good players on both sides of the ball since Green joined, and if they focus on OL and DL for the draft, they should be a sleeper team for next year.

The Cardinals organization proclaims that it was playng a form of professional football since 1898 some 108 years and 22 years befroe the NFL was even formed.

Here is the perfect example of the congenital idiocy and the reason the Cards never get better. After finally finidng a Coach with a winning record who was willing to attempt to rebuild that hapless collection, and was actually doing so. So they fired him.

They will conduct an "extensive search" for a great Coaoch, and try to hire Belichick, Tuna, yada, yada and find out that they get laughed at. The only guys that they can entice are obscure assistant never-weres, who don't mind being sentenced to the hell of trying to prevent and overcome Ownership mindless idiocy. A hopeless task as proven by 108 years of futility and scores of Coaches with but one championship season and that was marred as it was a year where players in the service where just retuning to the field. (And the best Team in the world was AAFC Paul Brown's Browns.)

They'll now return to spending top ten draft choices on players out of the league in three seasons, never to be heard from again. They'll return to a incompentent coaching staff that will decide the players that they DO have won't fit their scheme and get rid of them.

Congenital idiocy runs in the family. Six generations of idiots and never a deviation.
Too bad Cards fans. The congenital idiocy breeds true !:bricks:

Denny Green to Miami if Saban goes to Bama?? There are not many coached out there to pick from, Not any left to pick from us either

I believe that there is a lot more to it than just that. Green had a way of beeing very irritating to a lot of people. And, he made some really bad moves with players on the team that got released ......Pete Kendall, for one.

About the oNLy example. And Kendall wasn't a long term solution to a rebuilding club.

Ownership proves once again Congenital idiocy breeds true unto the sixth generation, unfortunately.

His biggest crime was that his team played too well for too few minutes against the Bears on national teevee

The bigger problem, however, I believe was not with Green, but with their GM, Rod Graves.

I think, overall, he is terrible onthe ldraft, has very little comprehension, again IMO, of how toevaluate talent at the NFL level.

Sure, they have had a few good picks, but for a team that has, perennially, drafted at or near the number 1 pick, year after year, they have really made some bone headed picks..

I thought Arizona would be a real sleeper this year. You have to admit that they have some excellent young talent in the secondary with Rolle and Eric Green and are all set at the offensive skill positions. With a decent offensive line, that team was a definite NFC playoff contender. Wow, that last statement doesn't say very much. Nevermind.

Seriously, though, fix the offensive line and Arizona is a contender next season.

Stan, see my post in the other Green thread. While I am not a Dennis Green fan, I think the BIGGER problem is Rod Graves. Any other team with a GM with that kind of record would have fired him years ago.

Graves blows the idiots well, so he survives. He is a groveler and boot licker extraordinaire.

He is the guy who used to spend top ten picks on guys out of the League in three seasons. The innumerable first round picks which never got to trainng camp in contract tussles with the owner-idiots, until two or three games into their rookie seasons, never to catch up, or catch on...

Poor Poor Cards fans. If ever there were fans who deserved a better break its those poor hopeless bastards... In Cincy Mike Bbrown mihgt not be anywhere as brilliant as his dad, the best Caoch in history but even he learns a bit; at least enough to get out of the way.

Not in Cardinals idiotland...

Too bad the league can't force the Bidwells to sell and get out!

Pete Carroll will become the new Head Coach/GM of the Cards. Mark it down. He comes back to the NFL, gets to run the show, has a franchise QB in Leinhart.

Pete Carroll is a competitor and he failed as a Head Coach in the NFL. He wants to show his style works at any level and with the Cards he'll have full control over everything - unlike with the Pats when Grier was drafting the Chris Canty's of the world.

If it happens, Carroll will look good too. Green has put good players on that team but his O-line was killing him. Draft or sign a better O-line, and Carroll will look like a Coach of the Year for doing almost nothing.

Poor Poor Cards fans. If ever there were fans who deserved a better break its those poor hopeless bastards...

yeah...but they've got a baseball franchise that offsets it a bit...

OT...I've heard it said more than once that they have a classy, passionate fan base

Graves blows the idiots well, so he survives. He is a groveler and boot licker extraordinaire.

He is the guy who used to spend top ten picks on guys out of the League in three seasons. The innumerable first round picks which never got to trainng camp in contract tussles with the owner-idiots, until two or three games into their rookie seasons, never to catch up, or catch on...

Poor Poor Cards fans. If ever there were fans who deserved a better break its those poor hopeless bastards... In Cincy Mike Bbrown mihgt not be anywhere as brilliant as his dad, the best Caoch in history but even he learns a bit; at least enough to get out of the way.

Not in Cardinals idiotland...

Too bad the league can't force the Bidwells to sell and get out!

Their drafts really are awful, aren't they? It seems to have been a problem going all the way back to the St Louis days:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/teams/ARZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back