PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATSNUTme said:
Please tell us how you would get Branch back? Give him the $40mil contract, with the big signing bonus?

No, I assume both sides would save face by compromising.

Patters said:
I think I'm one of the few who has not posted a Deion Branch thread, so didn't want to be left out of the fun.

If BB is the man we think he is, he's going to soon make a decision whether to cave to Branch. In theory, BB is only concerned with winning football games. While the business of football might be important, winning is what he's hired to do. That's his first priority. I don't think BB will let pride get in his way if he thinks the team needs to have Branch back. Based on the first game, Branch's value has gone up, and BB knows it. If there must be a choice, I'd rather see the team win games, than beat Branch and Chayut.

Late and a dollar short. Another lame Branch thread with no value.

And you are obviously clueless about 'what kind of man' BB is.

R

MoLewisrocks said:
That not just win but dominate BS sounds like something NEM would say. Belioli are operating this franchise not to win every superbowl for the next few seasons but to remain competitive enough to compete to win the superbowl for the next 10+ seasons.

We've won football games without Deion Branch on at least a dozen occasions in the past, including yesterday. There are just a handful of players on this team without whom we are hard pressed to win. Each of them took a little less to come or remain here. They represent the core of the team. You do not overpay for a WR who is not core material for that very reason.

This is truth......a winning formula based on future returns versus momentary gains. And besides, how can a franchise 'dominate' in this salary-cap/free-agent environment? Can they? I don't think so but what's been put into motion is the next best thing. Enjoy it not just yesterday but at the end of the year when we make the playoffs again...

mgcolby said:
Chris Mortenson on yesterday's pre-game show stated that he expects the Pats to start trying to move Branch today. So hopefully he ends up in Seattle or something and we get First rounder for him and maybe a player or a mid-round pick.
After Seattle's poor offensive showing against the mighty Deroit Lions, they may now be more interested in Branch :D

Last edited:
Garbanza said:
Hmmm....so Branch WOULD open the offense more and Gabriel/Jackson MIGHT open it up. So, where do you put YOUR money?
We already put money on Gabriel/Jackson. We would have to ADD money to add Branch. We would have to pay Branch about three or four times as much as Gabriel/jackson combined. Is Branch going to open it up three orfour times as much as Gabriel/Jackson combined?

Clonamery said:
This is truth......a winning formula based on future returns versus momentary gains.

You must have both to be a good team.

Patters said:
I think I'm one of the few who has not posted a Deion Branch thread, so didn't want to be left out of the fun.

If BB is the man we think he is, he's going to soon make a decision whether to cave to Branch. In theory, BB is only concerned with winning football games. While the business of football might be important, winning is what he's hired to do. That's his first priority. I don't think BB will let pride get in his way if he thinks the team needs to have Branch back. Based on the first game, Branch's value has gone up, and BB knows it. If there must be a choice, I'd rather see the team win games, than beat Branch and Chayut.
Are you kidding? BB long ago made that decision: he won't cave in, and it has nothing to do with personal pride. The only question has been whether Branch will cave in. I believe BB has already proven that his system works best in the long haul. Heck with that, when he let Terry Glenn go in 2001, he proved it can work best in the here and now.

I do believe that when all the cards are played, when all options for the 2006 season have been removed from Branch and his agent (presuming they do not win any of their greivances which I feel are baseless), that Deion will decide to come and play football. I do not believe he will wait until week 10 just out of spite, because that can only hurt his percieved worth as a talent and a dependable player.

Of course, the wild card will always be agent Chayut in that he may convince Branch thay they still have options via filing law suits, etc above and beyond the channels provided for by the player-owner agreements. This would really be unfortunate.

Last edited:
Patters said:
You must have both to be a good team.

But one way stays with you year in year out and the other disappears like a fart in the wind or like the Jets (whichever example you prefer).

Clonamery said:
But one way stays with you year in year out and the other disappears like a fart in the wind or like the Jets (whichever example you prefer).

Thank you for sharing that very graphic image (either one - whichever example you prefer!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft