PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Decker, McDaniels & Patriots interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beside Welker (and you can aurge that Welker was underpaid and not quite the stud receiver until he arrived here) it seems every receiver/tight end BB has signed is not established, not very good or 5 years past his prime.

So yeah I don't expecter Decker or Nicks or any other decent receiver to be signed. BB will stick with the plan and try and grab a "value" receiver as he always does.

One of the reasons why I have no earthly idea why the Pats were playing so much off man in the championship game. Press those receivers and abuse them at the LOS. Especially Decker. Against more physical corners that play press and get in his face, he has a tendancy to turtle. I don't want him and don't think he'd be a viable WR1 (which is what he'll more than likely be looking to get paid as).

they had zero pass rush.that's why.

Patricia actually went to rushing three lineman after the first 20 minutes or so,if you wish to take a look at it...I'm done watching that dreck.Another thing that stuck out was a corner/safety blitz in the third quarter, I can't remember the Pats D back, he came in clean off the left edge and was grabbed by the Denver tackle from behind...Manning easily completed the pass, no call. I'll bet if you took the time to break down the ALL 22 you'd see the Broncos O line got the kind of leeway with the holding rules that makes their attack lethal.

I don't think we'll be seeing any soft d backfield zone from Seattle in this game. I think they press and their front seven penetrates and knocks Manning off his spot...and hopefully smashes him in the face.

Emmanuel Sanders, James Jones, Hakeem Nicks, and Golden Tate.

I would take Decker if the price is right, but he may command more than the team is willing to spend. On top of that, the Broncos may do everything possible in order to keep him.

I agree with you. I have a hard time seeing DEN not doing everything they can to keep that offense together, despite whatever happens this Sunday. If they lose it will be the continuation of finishing what they started. If they win it will be pretty much the same, only in the hopes that they can win it again and have from continuity during Peyton's last year or two.

They already know that their window is limited with Manning and his future, and while D.Thomas is a priority, they also have another full year to deal with him.

On top of that, the reports of them not making an attempt to keep Moreno have already surfaced heavily. I think they concentrate on keeping that offense together. They'd have to be morons not to. I don't think we're seeing a team who's quite as concerned about the 10 year picture as we may be here, especially since Manning and Co. have looked pretty damn good since he was brought in.

they had zero pass rush.that's why.

Patricia actually went to rushing three lineman after the first 20 minutes or so,if you wish to take a look at it.

It's difficult to get to Manning, who hasn't been sacked so far through the playoffs, and had the least amount of sacks during the regular season too. It needs to come from buying that extra 1--1.5 seconds through good coverage, that's when one can knock him off his spot, so to speak.

Once Talib went down, those chances went immediately down the drain.

Emmanuel Sanders, James Jones, Hakeem Nicks, and Golden Tate.

All, on the surface, should come cheaper than Decker. All of them are capable of threatening outside the numbers. I'd throw in Jacoby Jones as well because he satisfies as a kick returner and a wide receiver, but he's more of a one trick pony as a WR and the team doesn't seem to be putting as much emphasis on KR's. I would take Decker if the price is right, but he may command more than the team is willing to spend. On top of that, the Broncos may do everything possible in order to keep him.

No argument with that list.

I agree with you. I have a hard time seeing DEN not doing everything they can to keep that offense together, despite whatever happens this Sunday. If they lose it will be the continuation of finishing what they started. If they win it will be pretty much the same, only in the hopes that they can win it again and have from continuity during Peyton's last year or two.

They already know that their window is limited with Manning and his future, and while D.Thomas is a priority, they also have another full year to deal with him.

On top of that, the reports of them not making an attempt to keep Moreno have already surfaced heavily. I think they concentrate on keeping that offense together. They'd have to be morons not to. I don't think we're seeing a team who's quite as concerned about the 10 year picture as we may be here, especially since Manning and Co. have looked pretty damn good since he was brought in.

Moreno is going somewhere else after the year he had...and i think decker does as well.

It still leaves them with the 2 thomas's and welker.

So who wants Decker now? Did he even play?

We need tight end help before a receiver

So who wants Decker now? Did he even play?

I know most people will find this a little extreme, but I'd want him more now than I would if he had won the SB.

Signing a player from your rival (who eliminated you from the playoffs) right after they win the SB just feels kind of dirty. (Not actually "dirty", but it just makes me feel strange)

It's like how I would have felt if we signed Ed Reed this year.

I know most people will find this a little extreme, but I'd want him more now than I would if he had won the SB.

Signing a player from your rival (who eliminated you from the playoffs) right after they win the SB just feels kind of dirty. (Not actually "dirty", but it just makes me feel strange)

Well, maybe we sign Wuss back after he gets cut in a couple of weeks. That'll make you feel better.

I agree on that part. I'd be upset at Belichick for wasting money.

Waste of money. Decker is nothing special.

For less money, give me Edelman, who has an established rapport with Brady.

Also, let's stop writing off Dobson, KT and Boyce. It's really ****ing hard to play WR in the NFL as a rookie, Keenan Allen aside.

After tonight, sign an experienced tight end and a cheap veteran wide receiver (if Edelman doesn't stay) and load up on defense.

After tonight, sign an experienced tight end and a cheap veteran wide receiver (if Edelman doesn't stay) and load up on defense.

I'll take some interior O-line beef please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST