PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Decker, McDaniels & Patriots interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I am not sure if he is in the budget but I would certainly love to have Eric Decker on board.

“He did draft me, and I’m very thankful that he gave me the opportunity to be playing in the NFL, especially with such a great organization like Denver," said Decker, who was a third-round draft choice ouf of Minnesota in 2010. "I’ve got a lot of respect for him as a coach. He’s a brilliant mind, offensively. I’m sure, like any coach, he’s excited and he’s happy for the guys that he drafted.”

Eric Decker, Josh McDaniels & Patriots interest - ESPN Boston

2014 NFL Free Agency: Should The Pats Look At Eric Decker?

Even if Decker end up being a bust the Gisele and Jessie James tandem would be unbeatable…

Attachments

• decker.jpg
    decker.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 306
hurts to read that decker went three spots ahead of the pats pick, taylor price. what could have been

FWIW, Cecil Lammey who is a Broncos beat writer said on twitter yesterday that the Broncos will pull out all the stops to re-sign Decker.

FWIW, Cecil Lammey who is a Broncos beat writer said on twitter yesterday that the Broncos will pull out all the stops to re-sign Decker.

Pulling out all stops like releasing a certain slot receiver with concussion issues, maybe?
s
And no, I am not advocating resiging him.

We lost WWs wife, Decker's can replace her

I don't think the Pats will pursue him because he is probably going to be overpaid, but I don't know if the Broncos will get him either. They have 16 free agents with some significant defensive guys (DRC, Shaun Phillips, Robert Ayers, Wesley Woodyard). They also have Moreno and several offensive linemen who are free agents. They may not be able to afford Decker.

I do expect them to release Welker if he does not retire. So the $6 million savings may be enough to pay for Decker. But Decker is likely to get #1 or elite #2 WR money somewhere and the Broncos are going to have to give Demariyus Thomas elite WR money soon.

As I said in my last post, I don't think the Pats will get Decker. I expect him to be overpaid and get #1 WR money. He isn't a #1 WR.

I have my concerns about Decker myself. He does have a habit of coming up small in big situations. He is a great receiver otherwise though.

Decker would be a good signing, unless he injured himself, then he would need to be released as fast as possible. Players who get hurt suck.

I am not sure if he is in the budget but I would certainly love to have Eric Decker on board.

Eric Decker, Josh McDaniels & Patriots interest - ESPN Boston

2014 NFL Free Agency: Should The Pats Look At Eric Decker?

Even if Decker end up being a bust the Gisele and Jessie James tandem would be unbeatable…

Wow, in that second link, the writer is saying he wouldn't want Decker if the cost meant not resigning JE and gives as his reason the belief that Amendola can't stay on the field. So one year of health erases that, apparently (Edelman's injury history is as bad as DA's). And seriously JE >> Decker?

Payback time. PayATon stole one of Brady's main weapons(Welker), now its time to return the favor. Cut Wilfork, sign Decker.

As I said in my last post, I don't think the Pats will get Decker. I expect him to be overpaid and get #1 WR money. He isn't a #1 WR.

I have my concerns about Decker myself. He does have a habit of coming up small in big situations. He is a great receiver otherwise though.

He'd fit right in!

Decker's the Anquan Boldin to Thomas' Larry Fitzgerald -- best as a #2 WR.

Payback time. PayATon stole one of Brady's main weapons(Welker), now its time to return the favor. Cut Wilfork, sign Decker.

Get rid of a HOF caliber DT for a #2 WR. Unreal. Wilfork needs to be restructured but anyone thin king he can't come back and be a really good player for few more seasons is selling him wayyyyyyyy short.

Get rid of a HOF caliber DT for a #2 WR. Unreal. Wilfork needs to be restructured but anyone thin king he can't come back and be a really good player for few more seasons is selling him wayyyyyyyy short.

I hope he can come back, but I have no idea if he can, and neither do you.

Love Wilfork, he's a legend, but he was manhandled by a jag like Ducasse even before he suffered the season-ending injury. Who knows in what conditions he will come back. Who knows if he will be better than Kelly when he comes back. Rather have Kelly+Decker than an old declining Wilfork.

Honestly Decker is a b****

I hope he can come back, but I have no idea if he can, and neither do you.

I believe in him. I don't just throw great player's under the bus at the first sign of adversity like the kneejerk fantasy football crowd who would cut half the team after any bad game. they need to restructure him with conditions for playing time but I believe he will agree to those terms if they are reasonable.

I don't think the Pats will pursue him because he is probably going to be overpaid, but I don't know if the Broncos will get him either. They have 16 free agents with some significant defensive guys (DRC, Shaun Phillips, Robert Ayers, Wesley Woodyard). They also have Moreno and several offensive linemen who are free agents. They may not be able to afford Decker.

I do expect them to release Welker if he does not retire. So the $6 million savings may be enough to pay for Decker. But Decker is likely to get #1 or elite #2 WR money somewhere and the Broncos are going to have to give Demariyus Thomas elite WR money soon.

I used to think the Broncos would be in some trouble with all those FAs as well, but they get a 10 million cap savings if they cut Bailey. Considering he will be 36 next season, that is a no brainer move. Cutting Bailey/Welker results in 16 million more cap space. Add that to the 12 million cap space they have and they will easily be able to keep DRC and Decker.

The Broncos will be a pain in the AFC for atleast another year. Hopefully were fully loaded come playoff time so round 2 is more of a fair fight.

2015 will be a rough year for them though. Miller, Thomas, Thomas all FAs and Manning turning 39, usually the year of rapid decline for QBs.

Decker is a product of Manning. And his price tag? Do not want

He is going to get Wallace type $$ this offseason by my guess? The raiders

I used to think the Broncos would be in some trouble with all those FAs as well, but they get a 10 million cap savings if they cut Bailey. Considering he will be 36 next season, that is a no brainer move. Cutting Bailey/Welker results in 16 million more cap space. Add that to the 12 million cap space they have and they will easily be able to keep DRC and Decker.

The Broncos will be a pain in the AFC for atleast another year. Hopefully were fully loaded come playoff time so round 2 is more of a fair fight.

2015 will be a rough year for them though. Miller, Thomas, Thomas all FAs and Manning turning 39, usually the year of rapid decline for QBs.
They wont cut Bailey, that would be fan suicide for Elway here. I can see them restructuring him and still getting some cap space back but no way he gets cut. The guy is revered here in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST