PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daunte Culpepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he cut him after 2 years, he didn't keep him for 4 years and then trust him to be the #1 WR... WTF is your point?

Evaluating college players is not nearly the predictable science that evaluating players you coach for 3+ years is.

Yea you should be working in the NFL, just not with the Pats please.

It doesn't matter if you agree, he wouldn't learn the system for weeks. He's never ran a complicated system like the Pats run. The pats have a friggin system that involves reads, route changing, unspoken synchronization between receiver/QB etc... It's not a "call a play and throw it up there" system, Daunte never ran a complicated system and isn't good at reading defenses.

And all that is still moot... even if he was smart and good he STILL couldn't learn the system quick enough this year.

he doesnt need to learn the whole system in one year, he needs to learn a subset of the system and the pats will design plays that he is familiar with. He is an experienced vet, he knows how to play he has seen alot, he will have to learn new terminology, he could have a good grasp on these things by midseason. Plus sometimes you dont need to be an expert to play, Mayo doesnt know everything about the Pats D and he is playing, so is Wheatley, Mankins played all 16 games his rookie season. If there is a need sometimes you put guys in there and let them play and alot of times they play good. Atlanta is playing Ryan who doesnt know their system. Its rarer at QB than other positions sure, but there isnt a rule that says you must have 4 years of experience in a system if you are a QB before you can play. Some players are just GOOD. Cassel could be in the system for 10 years but never be as good as someone with elite talent.

Culpepper is not as bad as you think, he was playing on horrible teams the past few years and teams just arent giving him a chance. He doesnt have to be a top 5 QB in the league he just needs to have elite players around him and him being a experienced QB himself he will play well in that situation. He would be here for one season and give us a chance at a SB all he has to do is play well, Cassel on the other hand will screw up and make mistakes, play poorly, he will cost us a chance at a SB.

he doesnt need to learn the whole system in one year, he needs to learn a subset of the system and the pats will design plays that he is familiar with. He is an experienced vet, he knows how to play he has seen alot, he will have to learn new terminology, he could have a good grasp on these things by midseason. Plus sometimes you dont need to be an expert to play, Mayo doesnt know everything about the Pats D and he is playing, so is Wheatley, Mankins played all 16 games his rookie season. If there is a need sometimes you put guys in there and let them play and alot of times they play good. Atlanta is playing Ryan who doesnt know their system. Its rarer at QB than other positions sure, but there isnt a rule that says you must have 4 years of experience in a system if you are a QB before you can play. Some players are just GOOD. Cassel could be in the system for 10 years but never be as good as someone with elite talent.

Culpepper is not as bad as you think, he was playing on horrible teams the past few years and teams just arent giving him a chance. He doesnt have to be a top 5 QB in the league he just needs to have elite players around him and him being a experienced QB himself he will play well in that situation. He would be here for one season and give us a chance at a SB all he has to do is play well, Cassel on the other hand will screw up and make mistakes, play poorly, he will cost us a chance at a SB.

Culpepper to Jackson in 09!!!

Seriously he's worse than I think, and you will never prove otherwise because 32 teams will never let him play for them.

Culpepper to Jackson in 09!!!

Seriously he's worse than I think, and you will never prove otherwise because 32 teams will never let him play for them.

yea because 27 of them already have starting franchise QBs and the other 5 have drafted QBs and are developing guys already and dont want to take a chance on a good QB who played pooly on two of the worst teams in the league, and Culpepper is too good to play backup for someone so he said f u. Shame people cant see through the smoke, good thing the Pats gave Moss a chance and didnt go off what he did in Oakland, or Dillon in Cincy. Naw older unmotivated great players looking for a ring never come here motivated and play well, what was i thinking.

Last edited:
yea because 27 of them already have starting franchise QBs and the other 5 have drafted QBs and are developing guys already and dont want to take a chance on a good QB who played pooly on two of the worst teams in the league, and Culpepper is too good to play backup for someone so he said f u. Shame people cant see through the smoke, good thing the Pats gave Moss a chance and didnt go off what he did in Oakland, or Dillon in Cincy. Naw older unmotivated great players looking for a ring never come here motivated and play well, what was i thinking.

The pats don't just "give chances". They do their research and their homework. My goodness.

27 franchise QBs? wow. Here I thought we had a lack of talented qbs in the NFL.

The pats don't just "give chances". They do their research and their homework. My goodness.

27 franchise QBs? wow. Here I thought we had a lack of talented qbs in the NFL.

you are right they do their homewhat but what they essentially do is give players chances. They gave Moss a chance here, and Dillon, and Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau the list goes on, do you know how good Seau played on the Pats compared to his previous few years with Miami?? Moss came here and oh gosh just set NFL records after barely putting up 500 yards and a TD in oakland. Dillon was considered a punk and had a horrible season in Cincy but came here motivated and put up 1600 yards and won us another ring. Rodney came here after being castout by san diego because he was "washed up" and pretty much is the sole reason we won back-to-back SB's in 03 and 04, his nasty style of D rubbed off on the whole D and our defense became elite. Motivated players play above their heads, i can guarantee you Culpepper would be EXTREMELY motivated to play for the Pats and with Moss again for a chance at a ring. Dont assume what you saw in Miami and Oakland is what you are gunna get here.

Last edited:
you are right they do their homewhat but what they essentially do is give players chances. They gave Moss a chance here, and Dillon, and Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau the list goes on, do you know how good Seau played on the Pats compared to his previous few years with Miami?? Moss came here and oh gosh just set NFL records after barely putting up 500 yards and a TD in oakland. Dillon was considered a punk and had a horrible season in Cincy but came here motivated and put up 1600 yards and won us another ring. Rodney came here after being castout by oakland because he was "washed up" and pretty much is the sole reason we wont back-to-back SB's in 03 and 04, his nasty style of D rubbed off on the whole D and our defense because elite. Motivated players play above their heads, i can guarantee you Culpepper would be EXTREMELY motivated to play for the Pats and with Moss again for a chance at a ring. Dont assume what you saw in Miami and Oakland is what you are gunna get here.

We saw it in Minnesota at the end, too. 3 teams, 3 crap ass seasons.

Yep, the Packers thought a 4th rounder was too steep a price for Randy Moss. There are plenty of boneheaded GMs.

you are right they do their homewhat but what they essentially do is give players chances. They gave Moss a chance here, and Dillon, and Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau the list goes on, do you know how good Seau played on the Pats compared to his previous few years with Miami?? Moss came here and oh gosh just set NFL records after barely putting up 500 yards and a TD in oakland.

And they ALL worked out... wow, that's some good homework I'd say. lol Culpepper sucks, he'll never be a patriot, get over it.

Dillon was considered a punk and had a horrible season in Cincy but came here motivated and put up 1600 yards and won us another ring.

Punk != lack of talent. (And again they did their homework.)
Culpepper sucks, he'll never be a patriot, get over it.

Rodney came here after being castout by oakland because he was "washed up" and pretty much is the sole reason we wont back-to-back SB's in 03 and 04, his nasty style of D rubbed off on the whole D and our defense because elite.

Yup Sole reason we won, I dunno why they spend so much time and effort on the entire roster, when they can just find one player to be the sole reason to win 2 SBs... sick stuff right there.

Motivated players play above their heads, i can guarantee you Culpepper would be EXTREMELY motivated to play for the Pats and with Moss again for a chance at a ring. Dont assume what you saw in Miami and Oakland is what you are gunna get here.

Motivation can't make up for complete lack of talent nor the human brain's limited capacity to learn relative to how much is needed to know to play QB for the patriots.

And they ALL worked out... wow, that's some good homework I'd say. lol Culpepper sucks, he'll never be a patriot, get over it.

Punk != lack of talent. (And again they did their homework.)

Yup Sole reason we won, I dunno why they spend so much time and effort on the entire roster, when they can just find one player to be the sole reason to win 2 SBs... sick stuff right there.

Motivation can't make up for complete lack of talent nor the human brain's limited capacity to learn relative to how much is needed to know to play QB for the patriots.

:rofl:

you know you lost an argument when you start posting like this. Maybe ill reply to you next time if you have something intelligent to say.

This is the dumbest thread in the history of the universe. Briz, why don't you just be the qb? :rolleyes:

We need depth, Seattle needs a receiver.

Washington and a 5th round pick to Seattle for Seneca Wallace.

you know you lost an argument when you start posting like this. Maybe ill reply to you next time if you have something intelligent to say.

Where is there an argument to lose? lol

I mean seriously, people are just going along with you but it's f'ing Daunte Culpepper... it's not like he's borderline good.. .HE SUCKS. thread over

Where is there an argument to lose? lol

I mean seriously, people are just going along with you but it's f'ing Daunte Culpepper... it's not like he's borderline good.. .HE SUCKS. thread over

sorry he doesnt SUCK if he were playing on the PATRIOTS.

No, I don't think he did lose an argument. It isn't an argument, anyway. It's a case of trying to decide if the Pats offense is:

a) WRs run around and try to get open and Culpepper heaves up an air ball for them to get, or

b) WRs and QB both made adjustments based on defense, WRs run precise routes, and QB reads the field, checking down as necessary.

The only thing worse than choosing playes based on Fantasy Football stats is choosing a player based on Fantasy Football stats from 4 years ago.

Matt Cassel = no playoffs.

Kevin OConnell = playoffs but no SB.

Daunte Culpepper = SB Championship.

Gosh!

Even though most of your posts are football related, why am I not surprised that you are so close to going to my ignore list? ;)

We need depth, Seattle needs a receiver.

Washington and a 5th round pick to Seattle for Seneca Wallace.

What!? At least Cassel knows the playbook. This type of stuff is insane! SENECA WALLACE? WHat the hell would make you think he would be good for us?

Matt Cassel = no playoffs.

Kevin OConnell = playoffs but no SB.

Daunte Culpepper = SB Championship.

Maybe in Madden. Seriously, Culpepper would outright suck in this offense. He would fail miserably. Brady makes this offense work because he is everything Culpepper is not. Brady wins with his mind, Culpepper used to win with his body and that ain't what it used to.

Brady can know what the defense is going to do on most plays before he snaps the ball. Culpepper can't read defenses at all.

Brady quickly goes through his reads and gets rid of the ball. Culpepper runs around until someone gets open.

Brady was a film rat. Culpepper reportedly does not like film study.

Brady has pin-point accuracy. Culpepper has a strong arm and just can heave the ball.

What makes anyone think that Culpepper can run an offense designed for Brady? I don't think there are many QBs who are polar opposites than Brady and Culpepper.

Two words: Rohan Davey.

Christ on a crutch, people, can we give it a rest? They called in a couple of these types of guys. Simms had actually started. They then said conditions had changed, and Guitierez was on his way back to town.

It's either:

1. just keep Guitierez after all, or

2. Some kind of big ruse (very unlikely,) which lands one or another out of work QB on the roster.

It really really does look like they want to give Matt Cassel the shot to run this offense. Maybe, just MAYBE, they had Cassel around for four years on the premise that learning the system intimately has some slight value, when you can't have the superstar you want.

Grow the F*** up, and stop with the day dreaming. It's Cassel time people.

PFnV

Maybe in Madden. Seriously, Culpepper would outright suck in this offense. He would fail miserably. Brady makes this offense work because he is everything Culpepper is not. Brady wins with his mind, Culpepper used to win with his body and that ain't what it used to.

Brady can know what the defense is going to do on most plays before he snaps the ball. Culpepper can't read defenses at all.

Brady quickly goes through his reads and gets rid of the ball. Culpepper runs around until someone gets open.

Brady was a film rat. Culpepper reportedly does not like film study.

Brady has pin-point accuracy. Culpepper has a strong arm and just can heave the ball.

What makes anyone think that Culpepper can run an offense designed for Brady? I don't think there are many QBs who are polar opposites than Brady and Culpepper.

why are you comparing Culpepper to Brady? Brady is gone for the year, we are comparing Culpepper to Cassel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back