PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Daunte Culpepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
why are you comparing Culpepper to Brady? Brady is gone for the year, we are comparing Culpepper to Cassel.

Because this offense was built around Brady. It is built to his strengths and weaknesses. Culpepper cannot run this offense. He isn't suited for it. His weaknesses are huge liabilities in this offense. He needs to be able to read defenses and know all his receivers' presnap adjustments. Culpepper can't do that.

Cassel is a much less talented version of Brady. So he is more suited for running this offense. Even if I am still worried how Cassel will hold up long term this season, I would rather see him under center than Culpepper.

Culpepper is the last QB who is avaiable that I would want starting for the Patriots.

Last edited:
why are you comparing Culpepper to Brady? Brady is gone for the year, we are comparing Culpepper to Cassel.

lol ignorance is bliss.

Cassel is a much less talented version of Brady. So he is more suited for running this offense. Even if I am still worried how Cassel will hold up long term this season, I would rather see him under center than Culpepper.

Um, how do we know that? I think Brady combined Talent with Field time. I say the Jury's out on Mr. Cassel. He might be downright sucky and he might be another elite QB in this system.

Also, are talking about the Brady of 18-1 or the Brady of 3 Lombardi's in four years?

I'm not saying Matt's the next Brady, he might be only slightly better under centre than John Madden, but let's not make these kind of calls until he at least loses a game. Please? :cool:

Last edited:
What!? At least Cassel knows the playbook. This type of stuff is insane! SENECA WALLACE? WHat the hell would make you think he would be good for us?

Hahaha, I didn't mean as the starter! I think Cassel gives us as good (if not better) a chance as anyone out there right now. I just happen to like the way that Wallace kid plays and think we need the depth if we lose Cassel to injury.

But hey, these are insane times no? Are you confident in our third (now second) stringer if it's week 12 and we're battling for a slot?

Whats Kelly Holcomb doing these days?

Last edited:
Um, how do we know that? I think Brady combined Talent with Field time. I say the Jury's out. He might be downright sucky and he might be another elite QB in this system.

Also, are talking about the Brady of 18-1 or the Brady of 3 Lombardi's in four years?

I'm not saying he's the next Brady, he might be only slightly better under centre than John Madden, but let's not make these kind of calls until he at least loses a game. Please? :cool:

I cannot believe that ppl are actually talking about Cassel in this light. You know you are comparing him to possibly the best QB of all time right?

I cannot believe that ppl are actually talking about Cassel in this light. You know you are comparing him to possibly the best QB of all time right?

Sorry, I was talking about Matty. I'll fix it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited:
Hahaha, I didn't mean as the starter! I think Cassel gives us as good (if not better) a chance as anyone out there right now. I just happen to like the way that Wallace kid plays and think we need the depth if we lose Cassel to injury.

But hey, these are insane times no? Are you confident in our third (now second) stringer if it's week 12 and we're battling for a slot?

Whats Kelly Holcomb doing these days?

I see. Sorry for the mistake. I know nothing about Senaca Wallace, is he that good?

Um, how do we know that? I think Brady combined Talent with Field time. I say the Jury's out on Mr. Cassel. He might be downright sucky and he might be another elite QB in this system.

I'm not saying Matt's the next Brady, he might be only slightly better under centre than John Madden, but let's not make these kind of calls until he at least loses a game. Please? :cool:

I am assuming here. But even if Cassel shocks the world, I think it is safe to assume he is much less talent than Brady. Most QBs today and throughout the history of the NFL are/were.

Because this offense was built around Brady. It is built to his strengths and weaknesses. Culpepper cannot run this offense. He isn't suited for it. His weaknesses are huge liabilities in this offense. He needs to be able to read defenses and know all his receivers' presnap adjustments. Culpepper can't do that.

Culpepper is the last QB who is avaiable that I would want starting for the Patriots.

was the 04 offense built around Brady?

The offense isnt built around one player its built around the whole group of guys, whoever the personell they have at the moment.

Cassel is more suited to run this offense? Cassel cant read defenses for crap, did you see the preseason game where his first throw was right to a defender who he didnt even see?? Did you see the Jason Taylor pick he threw before he was yanked last year?? Cassel telegraphs his passes, he has no pocket awearness whatsoever, not even close to on the level of reading defenses as Brady but then many QBs cant either maybe Manning and a few others. You think that just because Cassel has 3-4 years experience in the system that he can run it like Brady? He is nowhere close to being as good as Brady, it dont matter that he knows what hes doing.

A motivated Culpepper surrounded by talented players CAN play well. We dont need him to be Brady, we just need him to be good enough to give us a chance in the playoffs. Culpepper does have skill. Cassel gives us no chance period.

Last edited:
I see. Sorry for the mistake. I know nothing about Senaca Wallace, is he that good?

I wouldn't say he is "that good". Good enough to be second to Hasselbeck under Holmgren. Kind of a "slash" type QB. Looked pretty good in the pre-season games for whatever thats worth.

Seriously though....anyone know where Kelly Holcomb is?

Cassel is more suited to run this offense? Cassel cant read defenses for crap, did you see the preseason game where his first throw was right to a defender who he didnt even see?? Did you see the Jason Taylor pick he threw before he was yanked last year?? Cassel telegraphs his passes, he has no pocket awearness whatsoever, not even close to on the level of reading defenses as Brady but then many QBs cant either maybe Manning and a few others. You think that just because Cassel has 3-4 years experience in the system that he can run it like Brady? He is nowhere close to being as good as Brady, it dont matter that he knows what hes doing.

Yes let's look at pre-season when ya know he was throwing to idiots who can't learn the system and read the right play like Chad Jackson, and a game we are up by 5 TD's and totally ignore the KC game where ya know he played the first meaningful game of his career and threw 0 INT... Yea lets do that. Oh ****, Culpepper never threw an INT a day in his life!

A motivated Culpepper surrounded by talented players CAN play well. We dont need him to be Brady, we just need him to be good enough to give us a chance in the playoffs. Culpepper does have skill. Cassel gives us no chance period.

blah blah blah blah... Stop acting like you know more than BB or even anyone, Culpepper SUCKS

"Yes let's look at pre-season when ya know he was throwing to idiots who can't learn the system and read the right play like Chad Jackson, and a game we are up by 5 TD's and totally ignore the KC game where ya know he played the first meaningful game of his career and threw 0 INT... Yea lets do that. Oh ****, Culpepper never threw an INT a day in his life!"

e-mon, Drop the Blue KoolAid.......Drop it........and slowly back away from the cup buddy....

Did you watch the same Chiefs game that I did. Cassel should have had 2 picks in that game, one was flat out dropped by the safety. Yes, he played well in that game, but he should have had 2 balls picked off and he was playing against what has to be the youngest, greenest and most inexperienced and probably the worst defense in football.

Let's see how Matt fares on the road in a hostile stadium with a heavy pass rush which is exactly what he will face this Sunday. Personally, I think he's going to wet himself, I really do. He will be telegraphing passes like he always does because he has no concept of looking a safety or CB off and he'll now be facing a quality secondary, unlike last Sunday, he's going against (Kerry Rhodes, Darelle Revis and Lowery) and Mangini is going to bring the heat. If Matt passes this test, I'm sold. But I don't see it happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye