PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis calls Randy Moss a slouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said...if ur happy with that...I'm happy with Revis...especially when he lines up against Randy.

With safety help. Make sure you are around next year when the Pats have a 2nd receiver. Please be around for that.

With safety help. Make sure you are around next year when the Pats have a 2nd receiver. Please be around for that.

Next year? Oh yea...forgot. OK...give Randy a mulligan until next year. No problem.

Look how Jackson done last night when you have someone like Floyd on the other side of the field. If you can stretch the field with 2 guys and have a TE or a Wes Welker. 244 yards between 3 guys you can still pass on this team

Like I said...if ur happy with that...I'm happy with Revis...especially when he lines up against Randy.

Wouldn't you be?

You should be happy with Revis. He's awesome. Doesn't mean you need to be snarky about Moss. Take it easy buddy, Jets still haven't won squat and they'll be quickly forgotten if/when they don't win it all this year. If they DO win it... wow, that would really be amazing.

Jets trolls are out in force. God forbid if they have a sustained run of success.

Revis had a great year, but I don't care for trash talk. Keep your mouth shut and play the game. Of course Deon Sanders didn't help by fishing for sound bites. One thing to consider is how much the Jets pass rush contributed to the success of their secondary. If the Patriots had a pass rush their secondary would have miraculously played better. Regarding Moss, who can tell whether age, injury, or effort contributed to his inconsistency, but in my opinion he's been a team player since he arrived here.

Wouldn't you be?

You should be happy with Revis. He's awesome. Doesn't mean you need to be snarky about Moss. Take it easy buddy, Jets still haven't won squat and they'll be quickly forgotten if/when they don't win it all this year. If they DO win it... wow, that would really be amazing.

Feel like Clinton trying to define what the word "is"...is...

How is that a "snarky" comment? Revis made the point that Moss is a slouch...ie...lazy.

I suggest its in relation to the fact that Randy Moss takes plays off. The other poster throws out his stat total...I guess the stats prove he doesn't take plays off...thought Belichick didn't like stats...oh...that was the pre-Moss Belichick. Now he has to feed the stats gods to get Randy to play. Oh well!

What is the JETS winning anything this year have to do with the Revis calling Moss a slouch conversation?

Non-sequitur. Due to its apparent lack of meaning relative to what follows seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

How is that a "snarky" comment? Revis made the point that Moss is a slouch...ie...lazy.

He's not lazy you ignorant Jets troll. Learn the NFL, and realize you can't be lazy and put up a HOF career. It's impossible without hard work and dedication. Neither Moss nor TO are "lazy".

I suggest its in relation to the fact that Randy Moss takes plays off. The other poster throws out his stat total...I guess the stats prove he doesn't take plays off...thought Belichick didn't like stats...oh...that was the pre-Moss Belichick. Now he has to feed the stats gods to get Randy to play. Oh well!

Moss is no different than every single receiver in the NFL past or present when it comes to "taking plays off". What that means is that no one can or should run 100% full speed sprints down the sideline 60+ plays a game. He doesn't take plays off, but he knows when to throttle it down to save his energy, like EVERY great receiver.

BB is a very smart man, he knows that stats are valuable in analyzing and rating. He knows how and when to use which statistics. He never was a "stats lie" type of person, however his quote about stats being for losers is in reference to in-game yardage stats etc... The only stat that matters in each game is score, that doesn't mean stats are useless to analyze a player or team's contributions on the whole year.

Last edited:
He's not lazy you ignorant Jets troll. Learn the NFL, and realize you can't be lazy and put up a HOF career. It's impossible without hard work and dedication. Neither Moss nor TO are "lazy".

Moss is no different than every single receiver in the NFL past or present when it comes to "taking plays off". What that means is that no one can or should run 100% full speed sprints down the sideline 60+ plays a game. He doesn't take plays off, but he knows when to throttle it down to save his energy, like EVERY great receiver.

BB is a very smart man, he knows that stats are valuable in analyzing and rating. He knows how and when to use which statistics. He never was a "stats lie" type of person, however his quote about stats being for losers is in reference to in-game yardage stats etc... The only stat that matters in each game is score, that doesn't mean stats are useless to analyze a player or team's contributions on the whole year.

Lighten up, Frances. No need for "snarky" personal attacks. Obviously we are going to agree to disagree. This a football message board.

Lighten up, Frances. No need for "snarky" personal attacks. Obviously we are going to agree to disagree. This a football message board.

Fine I apologize for the troll comment, but I'm really getting tired of the Moss is lazy fallacy.

A second wideout you mean. You're right.

I have a question for Reavis: if Reavis is so great and Randy Moss is such a "slouch" why wasn't Reavis assigned to cover Welker when he was catching 15 passes for 192 yards at the Razor in November?

Revis owns Moss, he can say whatever he wants including the obvious that Moss is a slouch and a quitter.

BB needs to get rid of that cancer pronto.

Revis can say whatever the hell he wants. Guys is the best there is, probably the best defensive player in the league.

A second wideout you mean. You're right.

I have a question for Reavis: if Reavis is so great and Randy Moss is such a "slouch" why wasn't Reavis assigned to cover Welker when he was catching 15 passes for 192 yards at the Razor in November?

I agree wes vs Reavis... who wins?

I agree wes vs Reavis... who wins?

Revis blindfolded and an arm tied behind his back.

In all seriousness though. This guy shut down Andre Johnson/Steve Smith/Randy Moss/Ocho Cinco. You can't assume any WR will have success against him unless they prove it can be done first of all.

What is the JETS winning anything this year have to do with the Revis calling Moss a slouch conversation?

Non-sequitur. Due to its apparent lack of meaning relative to what follows seems absurd to the point of being humorous or confusing.

The "if ur happy with that" was snarky, and I could only imagine that your ****iness stemmed from making it ALL THE WAY to the AFCCG. If you're normally that arrogant, then it's my mistake for not assuming you're naturally that much of a douche.

The "if ur happy with that" was snarky, and I could only imagine that your ****iness stemmed from making it ALL THE WAY to the AFCCG. If you're normally that arrogant, then it's my mistake for not assuming you're naturally that much of a douche.

No, he probably isn't normally that arrogant. The Jets have finally accomplished more than the Pats in a season which gives their fans something they can brag about. I never thought I'd be rooting for Manning and the Colts as hard as I will be this weekend. I hope he lofts one right over Revis' head to Reggie Wayne for a 65 yard TD.

Jets fans are always douches, whether they open their collective mouths or not.

No, he probably isn't normally that arrogant. The Jets have finally accomplished more than the Pats in a season which gives their fans something they can brag about. I never thought I'd be rooting for Manning and the Colts as hard as I will be this weekend. I hope he lofts one right over Revis' head to Reggie Wayne for a 65 yard TD.

Jets fans are always arrogant, normally until mid-September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News