PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis calls Randy Moss a slouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revis don't sell yourself short...you're an incredible slouch.

Revis blindfolded and an arm tied behind his back.

In all seriousness though. This guy shut down Andre Johnson/Steve Smith/Randy Moss/Ocho Cinco. You can't assume any WR will have success against him unless they prove it can be done first of all.

Well, those receivers can't prove it if he doesn't cover them. :)

Let's see how great his coverage is without help over the top and a good pass rush. Rivers had Jackson open twice and missed him once because of the pressure and the second time because he simply blew the play.

Reavis acts like the defense is all him, except the Jets have 8-9 very good defensive players.

Considering Revis shut down every receiver he played and had one of the best seasons ever for a CB, I wouldn't be calling into question with what he says. He's the one that plays these guys and this is just his opinion anyway.

Revis blindfolded and an arm tied behind his back.

In all seriousness though. This guy shut down Andre Johnson/Steve Smith/Randy Moss/Ocho Cinco. You can't assume any WR will have success against him unless they prove it can be done first of all.

V. Jackson's team lost but he went for 7 and 111. Not too bad.

Carolina players who were ON THE FIELD and Revis who was ON THE FIELD said pretty much the same thing...he is dogging it at times.

Either that or players ON THE FIELD hate him or are simply lying.

Carolina players who were ON THE FIELD and Revis who was ON THE FIELD said pretty much the same thing...he is dogging it at times.

Or you are just clueless.

Or are wrong.

The thing with Randy is that people want to get on him for not sprinting off the line every snap of the game.

If it's a hand off, he doesn't need to fly by his corner, he needs to jog up to them and get in their way. If it's a quick toss out to the opposite side of the field, all he needs to do is line up. 2 defenders already drifted his way and are all but out of the play.

People dog him for not giving 100% on every single snap of the ball when it honestly isn't neccessary. Moss obviously is one of the "work smart, not hard" people and that's fine with me. I don't understand peoples perceptions of him really. It's like if he isn't flying into people like superman than his effort is a joke

I think the most funny part of this thread is all of you guys defending the guy, because a non-Patriot fan/media member insulted a Patriot player, despite the fact that just about every single one of you guys have called Randy Moss out for taking plays off, or doing a lazy job blocking, many times, the past couple years. Where is the hatred when Peter King crucifies Moss for taking plays off? Oh right, he's a Patriot guy, he is allowed to make those statements.

The guy was asked to describe in one or two words how Moss and Owens play. I'm sorry, but slouch is a pretty good term to describe someone who routinely takes plays off, or lazily blocks a defender. And there is no denying that both Moss and Owens do that much more than they should. Players like Andre Johnson or Steve Smith are running their asses off on a delayed handoff. Check out what Moss is doing the next time there is a delayed handoff. I'll give you a hint of where Moss is... he won't be 30 yards down the field like Andre Johnson and Steve Smith.

The thing with Randy is that people want to get on him for not sprinting off the line every snap of the game.

If it's a hand off, he doesn't need to fly by his corner, he needs to jog up to them and get in their way. If it's a quick toss out to the opposite side of the field, all he needs to do is line up. 2 defenders already drifted his way and are all but out of the play.

People dog him for not giving 100% on every single snap of the ball when it honestly isn't neccessary. Moss obviously is one of the "work smart, not hard" people and that's fine with me. I don't understand peoples perceptions of him really. It's like if he isn't flying into people like superman than his effort is a joke

FYI: Defenders have credited big tackles to the fact that they saw Randy Moss not giving it his all, and they automatically knew that it was a delayed handoff. The one that comes to mind is the 2007 Super Bowl. Yeah... one of the Giants defenders made that comment. You can't figure out the exact effect on the eventual outcome of that game, but it makes you wonder...

Last edited:
2 HOF Resumes compared to a guy who might be HOF caliber when it's all said and done (A Johnson) and 2 guys who will be lucky to ever get in when their career is over at this rate (C Johnson, Steve Smith).

I think I'll take the hall of famers. If Randy was a lovable idiot who gave the media soundbytes like Chad Johnson, he would be heralded by the media as the best WR of his era. When Steve Smith/Chad Johnson/Andre Johnson catches 80+ passes for 1200+ yds and 10+ TDs in a season, people consider it remarkable. When Randy Moss does it, people get bored of it because it is expected.

I think I'll take the hall of famers. If Randy was a lovable idiot who gave the media soundbytes like Chad Johnson, he would be heralded by the media as the best WR of his era. When Steve Smith/Chad Johnson/Andre Johnson catches 80+ passes for 1200+ yds and 10+ TDs in a season, people consider it remarkable. When Randy Moss does it, people get bored of it because it is expected.
98 receptions, 1,493 yards, 15.2 ypc and 23 touchdowns in a regular season will do that for a player stavros. It's called unrealistic expectations.

lets see how much revis talks next year when moss, welker and brady are all healthy.

lets see how much revis talks next year when moss, welker and brady are all healthy.

Revis never said that Moss isn't good. I'm sure he respects him, but maybe Moss could try on every play? Next year if Welker's knee is fixed and he's the same player he was prior to sugery (doubtful) then I'm sure Revis will cover Welker. Welker goes all out, gives 110% on every play, he blocks on every play, never gives up. That's all Revis is saying.

Revis never said that Moss isn't good. I'm sure he respects him, but maybe Moss could try on every play? Next year if Welker's knee is fixed and he's the same player he was prior to sugery (doubtful) then I'm sure Revis will cover Welker. Welker goes all out, gives 110% on every play, he blocks on every play, never gives up. That's all Revis is saying.

This shows you know nothing about football.

This shows you know nothing about football.

Please explain why this shows I know nothing about football? If you recall last season when Mangini was the head coach that Revis did a very good job covering Welker.

Please explain why this shows I know nothing about football? If you recall last season when Mangini was the head coach that Revis did a very good job covering Welker.

Well the only way Revis covers Welker is if they double team Moss with others. This still shows that Moss > Welker.

Oh and next year when there's a 2nd wideout, I'd love if your coach wasted Revis on Welker (assuming Welker is healthy for one of the games)

Last edited:
Well the only way Revis covers Welker is if they double team Moss with others. This still shows that Moss > Welker.

Oh and next year when there's a 2nd wideout, I'd love if your coach wasted Revis on Welker (assuming Welker is healthy for one of the games)

If you can't see that Welker is a more important player to the current Pats team now then you must be blind.

If you can't see that Welker is a more important player to the current Pats team now then you must be blind.

The fact of the matter is Pats - Moss are worse than Pats - Welker. That's not even up for debate.

You're delusional if you think Welker is getting 120+ catches without Moss. Every defense gameplans for Moss, no defense gameplans for Welker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye