PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis calls Randy Moss a slouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
why u guys getting all upset over this? why not just let moss use it as motivation. revis actually goes up against him so he would know better than we do. there is a difference between Moss & guys like Smith/Johnson...they go all out everytime while Moss seems to take it easy from time to time. Im as big of a Randy Moss fan as there is out there but Revis has every right to say that regardless of Moss's stats,accolades. If he was asked about Welker I'm sure Revis would say competitor if not something of higher praise considering we can all see how Welker fights hard everytime and seems to have that extra drive that guys like Steve Smith have.

Why do Revis' words matter more than say Cromartie's?

The difference between Moss and others is that you cannot tell when Moss is running 100% or jogging, he looks the same. There is no body language tell that he has to indicate effort.

wow its amazing what playing for rex ryan can do to you
i remember a couple years ago (last year in fact) when he was a quiet humble up and coming star
now this

Well he's not "up and coming" anymore. He's arrived. He's checked-in. He's HERE.
I hate him and Jets, but Revis is as good or better than an CB in the NFL. There is not a single Patriots defender who plays their respective position better than Revis plays his. He's outplayed Moss, intercepting Brady in the process. He shuts down 1/3 of the football field and let's the other 10 guys focus on the rest.

Last edited:
Well he's not "up and coming" anymore. He's arrived. He's checked-in. He's HERE.
I hate him and Jets, but Revis is as good or better than an CB in the NFL. There is not a single Patriots defender who plays their respective position better than Revis plays his. He's outplayed Moss, intercepting Brady in the process. He shuts down 1/3 of the football field and let's the other 10 guys focus on the rest.
In 1 season.. Moss and Owens have had multiple successful seasons. That's the point.

Revis is 24. I would like to see him matched up against a 24 year old Randy Moss.

+1. at 24 Moss was unstoppable .

He called two older WRs slouches. I know TO has always been called one of the hardest working WRs in the league.

As much as I like Revis as a player, the guy has had 1.. that's right 1 good season in the NFL. Randy Moss and Terrell Owens have had a few more than just 1 good season.

It's blatantly absurd.

He went to the probowl last season, Is that not good enough? Hes made Rex Ryan this season just as much Ryan has made him.

Why do Revis' words matter more than say Cromartie's?

The difference between Moss and others is that you cannot tell when Moss is running 100% or jogging, he looks the same. There is no body language tell that he has to indicate effort.

i never said they mattered more than anyone else's

we can only see so much on TV..we might think its always the same but Revis is the one that lines up in front of him and im sure he's seen Moss go all out and then not at other times. Why would he call him a slouch for no reason? Think Revis is lying or BSing?

Revis owned Moss. He can say what he wants.

Also, Revis is dominating in this game today. He is an amazing corner. It doesn't matter if he is covering Gates, Vincent Jackson, or Naenae (sp?). Every player gets shut down by him.

Steve Smith is a competitor and still had a far worse season then Moss. The only great game he had was against Antoine Winfield, who was clearly not even close to 100% in terms of gamespeed. Winfield was toasted by AromoshadWHO just as badly the next week. I'm not a fan of Steve Smith at all. He is so ****y.

i never said they mattered more than anyone else's

we can only see so much on TV..we might think its always the same but Revis is the one that lines up in front of him and im sure he's seen Moss go all out and then not at other times. Why would he call him a slouch for no reason? Think Revis is lying or BSing?

There are many reasons Revis could potentially say that. Champ Bailey has been around a lot longer and has said that Moss is extremely deceptive. Revis had success this year along with his entire team. The Jets defense is good all the way around, it's not just Revis that makes the pass defense good. Put Revis on an island against Moss without a pass rush and he's singing a different tune.

Revis had one good year as part of the top defense in the NFL. I don't think he's in the best position to tell us the character of each receiver in the NFL. I don't think at this point in time Revis can even tell when Moss is "going all out" or not. I suspect we'll see a much different story next year if we get another deep threat and sure up the OL.

He went to the probowl last season, Is that not good enough? Hes made Rex Ryan this season just as much Ryan has made him.
As a reserve. He had a good season but not a great season like he had this year. Revis took monumental steps in his quality of play compared to last season.

I agree with you regarding him flourishing in Ryan's defense, however, he's truly had only 1 exceptional season in the NFL and is at the beginning of his career. To call two hall of fame bound receivers who have performed for the better part of a decade at high levels, on the tail end of their careers "slouches" is blatantly absurd and disrespectful.

i wanna see cards/jets for larry/revis

it should have happened last season since we played the cards then, but i dont recall the matchup being hyped that much

Hate to agree with him, but he has the right to say whatever he wants about Moss. I love Moss, but Revis completely shut him down twice this season. If Moss doesn't want to be called a slouch, he should actually be a part of a Pats/Jets game next season.

Hate to agree with him, but he has the right to say whatever he wants about Moss. I love Moss, but Revis completely shut him down twice this season. If Moss doesn't want to be called a slouch, he should actually be a part of a Pats/Jets game next season.
926 receptions, 14,465 receiving yards, 15.6 ypc, 148 touchdowns.

1006 receptions, 14,951 receiving yards, 14.9 ypc, 144 touchdowns.

Some of you guys really do have short memories when it comes to the career accomplishments of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.

Slouches hey....

Last edited:

The Jets shut him down as a team, and being a great young DB does NOT give you the "right" to say whatever you want. It's not 100% Revis that is making the Jets defense as good as it was in 2009.

Also I would like to know why "completely shutting down" a receiver includes that receiver catching a TD?

And if Revis was playing by himself on an island shutting Moss down, then how the hell did the rest of the Jets DBs allow the ONLY other receiver on the Patriots to get 192 yards?

926 receptions, 14,465 receiving yards, 15.6 ypc, 148 touchdowns.

1006 receptions, 14,951 receiving yards, 14.9 ypc, 144 touchdowns.

Some of you guys really do have short memories when it comes to the career accomplishments of Randy Moss and Terrell Owens.

Slouches hey....

Against Revis, Moss looked like a slouch. The question that was asked was what Revis thought of each player based on what he saw of them during the times in which he played them. The question was NOT what Revis thought of their careers. Therefore, bringing up their career statistics in this argument is throwing out a red herring. It makes no sense in the context of the conversation.

The Jets shut him down as a team, and being a great young DB does NOT give you the "right" to say whatever you want. It's not 100% Revis that is making the Jets defense as good as it was in 2009.

No, they really didn't. To assert such shows me that you did not watch the games this season. Revis had help on a few dows but, for the most part, he was one on one with Moss and Owens. As for your comments about what he does for the Jets defense: :rofl: Seriously? Revis closes off half the field just depending on who he covers. If you want proof of that, watch the Chargers/Jets game being played right now. Whomever he covers is being shut down. The long bomb attempt to Jackson saw Revis one on one with him and actually beating him on the route. However, you are the guy that doesn't like to pay attention to facts, so I suppose it would be a waste of time to post a list of the guys that Revis covered this year along with their stats. :rolleyes:

Randy Moss - Hall of Famer

Darelle Revis - remains to be seen?

Jerry Rice: Slouch.

When Jerry was 39 years old, he looked slow and tired out there.

Against Revis, Moss looked like a slouch. The question that was asked was what Revis thought of each player based on what he saw of them during the times in which he played them. The question was NOT what Revis thought of their careers. Therefore, bringing up their career statistics in this argument is throwing out a red herring. It makes no sense in the context of the conversation.

No, they really didn't. To assert such shows me that you did not watch the games this season. Revis had help on a few dows but, for the most part, he was one on one with Moss and Owens. As for your comments about what he does for the Jets defense: :rofl: Seriously? Revis closes off half the field just depending on who he covers. If you want proof of that, watch the Chargers/Jets game being played right now. Whomever he covers is being shut down. The long bomb attempt to Jackson saw Revis one on one with him and actually beating him on the route. However, you are the guy that doesn't like to pay attention to facts, so I suppose it would be a waste of time to post a list of the guys that Revis covered this year along with their stats. :rolleyes:
I know what the question was. I read the article. It's still blatantly disrespectful considering one of the apparent 8 passing touchdowns the Jets defense gave up was Moss against Revis.

Revis is a stud. He's letting Ryan's mentality creep into his own.

I know what the question was. I read the article. It's still blatantly disrespectful considering one of the apparent 8 passing touchdowns the Jets defense gave up was Moss against Revis.

Revis is a stud. He's letting Ryan's mentality creep into his own.

If Moss is bothered, prove him wrong on the field next year like he did after the Carolina game this year. Till then, Revis has the bragging rights here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes