PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ochocinco: Talking to Randy Moss "kept me sane"

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMFAO...you cant be serious. Twitter life in shambles? lol, Stupid jealous haters calling him Stinko? LMAO...Ignored by teammates is a lie. Scratched due to death in family. Paid what he is worth, not his fault BB doesnt know how to use him.

Ocho has a great life, bet he wouldnt trade it with any who thinks his life isnt great.

I hope Chad does enjoy his life, and on every level.

Look, he really seems like a good guy. We all appreciate his toning it down a bit this season, and his ability to try and work hard and contribute. I honestly think that was the right call, even for his future. It's even possible that there's some team out there who has more of a sense of appreciation for his ability to fit in, and maybe he's actually won over some new fans.

That said...do your job.

You get paid well, and have a good opportunity with a winning program. Do your job.

Whatever it takes...It's SB week.

Last edited:
I agree with you, but this is one more irrelevant Ochocinco story in a long line of them, especially in the past month alone.

Chad buys some headphones.
Chad talks to Moss and T.O.
Chad has a family emergency.
Chad makes new twitter friends with weird people.
Chad's girlfriend won't sleep with him until he scores a TD.
Chad is 'humbled' by this offense.
Chad says that Brady is intense this time of year.

and THIS is considering that #85 has been "quiet" this year? Are you serious?

None of these stories have been relevant to his football play at all, or really even the team or the opponent for that matter.

While nothing would make me happier than seeing a decent clutch performance by him next Sunday, en route to his first ring....why doesn't he (Please be quiet - edited) and concentrate on the most important game of the year?

This has been a circus, case closed. I realize that it "could've been a lot worse," but it's still been a circus.

I like the guy...a lot. But damn already. Get on the field. Get on the playbook. Get your mind right, and get ready to possibly contribute to the single most important game in your entire career. The one defining moment that you've supposedly been waiting for...

It's like a soap opera with this dude, and I don't mean that in a negative way. I think he has done some things right, like tone it down on some level and try hard. But now is not the time (within the past month) to be so deep in the spotlight when you aren't doing a damn thing on the field.

Here's hoping he has a chain moving catch or two, possibly even a downfield target. I hope that maybe he can at least stretch the field as a decoy at times.

Something???

You have over 3500 posts on patsfans.com, not even about your own sideshows but listing other people's circus sideshows. Do you think your employer should fire you because you clearly don't have your head in the game?

You said it yourself, none of these stories have been relevant to his football play. So what exactly is the problem?

He should be talking to Moss about how to learn the playbook.

He should be talking to Moss about how to learn the playbook.

I agree. I don't dislike him at all (I love him in fact), but it has upset me how he can't pick up the offense. He still has a lot left physically. He could have made this offense that much scarier and harder to prepare for had he been able to contribute. That said, I hope he still gets a few catches in the SB.

Last edited:
It's now spinning out of control (see PFT). Not the kind of thing you want to air during superbowl week when media frenzy is at its worst.
That's ok. Let the media fixate on one of our more worthless players.

I agree. I don't dislike him at all, but it has upset me how he can't pick up the offense. He still has a lot left physically. He could have made this offense that much scarier and harder to prepare for had he been able to contribute. That said, I hope he still gets a few catches in the SB.

Hope so too. Im shocked he still doesn't get the playbook.

I thought he was ready to breakout after JESTS game. He made a couple of nice plays. Collinsworth was raving about how he looked in practice and said pats people were telling him they were quietly excited or something.

With the Giants gearing up to clog the middle we are going to have to make some plays at the outside.

You have over 3500 posts on patsfans.com, not even about your own sideshows but listing other people's circus sideshows. Do you think your employer should fire you because you clearly don't have your head in the game?

You said it yourself, none of these stories have been relevant to his football play. So what exactly is the problem?

Not sure what exactly you are implying?

My "3,500" posts have come over the course of 3 or 4 yrs, and I am a full-time student, so I only work part-time. However, my full-time studies and work are not affected in the slightest by anything related to the Patriots or their forum here.

I'm totally missing your point about "commenting on other people's sideshows..." Does that mean commenting on the football season? The NFL? The NE Patriots in general? Usually there is NO sideshow here to comment on.

I've already said that I wish 85 the best, what more do you want?

You can have your opinion regarding the non-stop irrlevant "Ocho" stories, and I'll have mine.

The 7 or 8 items regarding Chad since the all-important stretch run of the season (they tend to take that seriously around these parts...just ask Chad, he'll tell you) are comical. Absolutely typical Chad Johnson. He can't make a name for himself on the playing field, so he'll turn to all important issues like....

Who he just befriended on facebook

His new headphones

Taking his teammates to a rap concert

His troubles with his girlfriend, and his sex life

????????????

Maybe you care...and that's fine with me, honestly it is.

But this isn't what most fans envisioned when they brought him here and made him the highest paid WR on a core this includes the guy who's caught the most balls in the NFL the past 5 yrs, a SB MVP, a versatile guy playing all 3 phases of the game, and 2 TE"s who are both under the age of 22 and setting all kinds of records.

Like I said, he seems like a great person, a great friend, a great teammate, and a stand up human being. But forgive those who are tired of hearing about his irrelevant stories, especially during the months of January and February, when the other 52 guys are preparing to do their jobs and contribute to the football team.

I do think he'd make a great mascot though.

Last edited:
Something about "talking to Randy Moss kept me sane" seems weird....I'd have thought it would keep one INsane...I mean, I LOVE Randy...but I wouldn't place him high on a list of "stable minds"...know what I mean, Vern????

125a5b3c.gif

Something about "talking to Randy Moss kept me sane" seems weird....I'd have thought it would keep one INsane...I mean, I LOVE Randy...but I wouldn't place him high on a list of "stable minds"...know what I mean, Vern????

125a5b3c.gif

Even just the comment that "it kept me sane" doesn't sit well with me personally. It almost sounds like he's whining, or he somehow had to overcome the Bataan death march or something, just to survive every day.

Belichick gave him a shot at a ring, a chance to play with one of the NFL's winners, a shot at catching balls from a top-tiered QB, AND a boatload of money....

On top of that, he didn't exactly have to do a lot this year to actually earn any of those 'rights.' He was given a very fair situation, and for whatever reason just couldn't get it done on the field, in the playbook, in practices of what have you. I will reserve my judgement on what held him back, but he hasn't exactly had to go through hell in the past 6 months, has he?

He could've walked into a very different role on another squad, but my guess is that he would have needed someone to talk to anyway, just to stay "sane."

You know, you can say what you like about those three guys being crazy but man they put up some receiving numbers over the years. There was a lot of talent between those three. A lot of ego too but don't we want our stars to have outsized egos, instead of the make up of shrinking violets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back