PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis calls Randy Moss a slouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Moss doesn't benefit from the coverage on Welker? They both benefit from having each other.

Uhh there is no special attention going to Welker, Moss does not benefit from it. The TEAM benefits from it.

I'm sorry but top 3 wide receivers don't give up half way through a game when the ball isn't coming to them.

I agree and Moss has never given up on any game in a Patriots uniform.

You don't see Larry Fitzgerald going through the motions when Warner throws to Boldin or Doucet or if he's double teamed.

Yeah I guess Fitz was just going all out 100% the last 4 weeks of the season too, especially since you got to watch the coaches' tape of every single snap. :rolleyes:

Do you remember in week 2 when Moss tried to go deep on Revis and the ball was slightly overthrown and Revis went and got the ball? Moss just stopped his route. He didn't go after the ball. He should have at least held Revis and taken the penalty.

LOL, making stuff up, awesome.

That's the best defense you have.

The media don't like him, so they won't report the truth. His current teammates haven't thrown him under the bus so Revis and others are liars. Have the current Patriots ever thrown any of their teammates under the bus?

Have they ever voted a quitter as team captain... 2 years in a row.

He may be the most naive member of this forum when it comes to BS from the organization and fellow teammates

If Belichick tried to sell him swampland in NJ he would have bought it

The Patriots almost NEVER tell the truth if it comes to saying something even close to negative about a player on the team,yet some are clueless and can't figure that out by now,you can tell fans that started watching this team 6 years ago from the ones that were fans 30+ years. :rolleyes:

Like I said before,I will take the words of not just one but MULTIPLE opposing players who say Moss dogs it when he isn't getting involved in the game.

I hear ya.

And like I've said before I like Moss. I like the fact that on any given play, he can make a big play and take it all the way for a TD. But I'm not about to call him the hardest-working member of this team, or criticize an opponent for calling him out on his lack of effort.

PATRIOTSFANINPA is known as one of the most over the top, pessimistic exaggerates on planet earth... not just this message board.

And don't worry about it because this board has decayed far too much for me to remain active much longer.

Moss shut it down for the rest of the regular season after the Indianapolis game with 373 yards in the last 7 games = 53.2 yards per game after November 15th.

To PROVE how much of a biased pessimist PATRIOTSFANINPA is, I present you with something we call FACT (and perspective):

Larry Fitzgerald averaged 57.5 Yards per game over the last EIGHT games of the season, that's half the season! He averaged 30.75 Yards per game over the last 4 games of the season. Never once would he call Fitzgerald shutting it down, or quitting, giving up or dogging it.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha :rofl:...keep trying dude to no avail,the ignore feature is a wonderful thing Ian has here and you qualified for my first one....

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that Fitzgerald shut it down for half the season. He just gave up. Maybe that is why Warner is thinking of retiring. Who wants to throw the ball to a receiver who plays when he wants to play and gives up so often? Send Fitzgerald to Oakland, please.

Ha ha ha :rofl:...keep trying dude to no avail,the ignore feature is a wonderful thing Ian has here and you qualified for my first one....

yea you are laughing because you can't accept the facts that I gave you. It's pitiful that you can make such stupid statements and then ignore the facts.

You use Moss' 53 YPG average over a month, I show you Fitzgerald's 53 YPG average over 2 months (i.e. HALF THE SEASON), and you run to "ignore". It's a damn shame someone like you is one of the louder voices around here.

Last edited:
I like Randy Moss and never once thought he didnt give all he could.

And don't worry about it because this board has decayed far too much for me to remain active much longer.

:scream::woohoo::woot::rocker:

sniff sniff.....sniff......we're really gonna miss you man.....sniff sniff.....

Last edited:
I hear ya.

And like I've said before I like Moss. I like the fact that on any given play, he can make a big play and take it all the way for a TD. But I'm not about to call him the hardest-working member of this team, or criticize an opponent for calling him out on his lack of effort.

Of course he is capable of making a big play at any time WHEN HE WANTS TO.

I am not saying that Moss is dogging EVERY game he has ever played in this year because he did have 1,000+ yards EARLY .. but when the team started on the downfall with the back to back losses,so did Moss,It seems when the going is good Moss is all over the field trying to make a difference but when things look bleak and he is not involved or games start to get important (0 games in Playoffs as a Patriot over 95 yards) he dissapears in the offense - A blind man can see the difference as the season progresses that Moss is less of a factor..it happened in 2007 and happened in 2009.

Bring me back 4 or 5 WRs on the field at the same time who all are talented in thier own way and can catch the ball and Brady to go back to throwing the ball to the "open man"..Thats how the Patriots have won games and championships and thats how it can happen again,Brady zeroes in on two targets and teams have begun to recognize it and stop it,at least stop Moss..its harder to stop Welker in the slot.

We need the team to go back to the ways where Brady managed the game better than ANY QB because he had so many options and could do so many different things - The players who gave him all those options those glory days are traded away,retired or have been let go over the years leaving Brady with Primarily Moss,Welker and Faulk as weapons,its not enough weapons in this league and for this great QB.

:yawn:, this is made up bull. If it were true he wouldn't have gotten 1264 Yards, 13 TDs in a year with NO other wideout, an inconsistent OL, and a QB coming back from a year off with ACL injury.

So all deep threats are less useful than all slot receivers? Because all deep threats take 3 seconds to develop the route.

Moss is IMPOSSIBLE to cover one on one, and when you fail to cover Moss it results in quick POINTS. Failing to cover Welker results in a lot shorter yardage. But yea I guess points is not what the game is about :rolleyes:

He only scares ignorant and/or biased observers more. He obviously doesn't scare any NFL defense more as evidenced by the fact that Moss continually gets all the focus, double and triple teams.

Moss was dynamite last game. 48 yards against Baltimore, when the Patriots were playing from behind, ie passing more... The real difference maker in a Patriots victory.

Oh wait... Welker was injured, and the Patriots got humiliated, and Moss did nothing. Moss's best days are behind him. Welker sure looked to be more valuable in the one game without him.

Simply... that makes every single player in the NFL a slouch by Revis' definition? He's been well and truly Rexed.

I don't see how you got there. He was clear about other players, and abundantly clear about Moss. He's not calling very player a slouch.

Oh wait... Welker was injured, and the Patriots got humiliated, and Moss did nothing. Moss's best days are behind him. Welker sure looked to be more valuable in the one game without him.

Week 3 Falcons, 116 yards, no Welker.

Welker has yet to play a game without Moss.

No WR in the entire NFL past or present would have done anything against the Ravens. Go back and watch the game, or better yet just go watch football in general and learn a thing or 2 about the game.

Of course he is capable of making a big play at any time WHEN HE WANTS TO.

I am not saying that Moss is dogging EVERY game he has ever played in this year because he did have 1,000+ yards EARLY .. but when the team started on the downfall with the back to back losses,so did Moss,It seems when the going is good Moss is all over the field trying to make a difference but when things look bleak and he is not involved or games start to get important (0 games in Playoffs as a Patriot over 95 yards) he dissapears in the offense - A blind man can see the difference as the season progresses that Moss is less of a factor..it happened in 2007 and happened in 2009.

Bring me back 4 or 5 WRs on the field at the same time who all are talented in thier own way and can catch the ball and Brady to go back to throwing the ball to the "open man"..Thats how the Patriots have won games and championships and thats how it can happen again,Brady zeroes in on two targets and teams have begun to recognize it and stop it,at least stop Moss..its harder to stop Welker in the slot.

We need the team to go back to the ways where Brady managed the game better than ANY QB because he had so many options and could do so many different things - The players who gave him all those options those glory days are traded away,retired or have been let go over the years leaving Brady with Primarily Moss,Welker and Faulk as weapons,its not enough weapons in this league and for this great QB.

How many times has he given you stats on the "open man". The Patriots won on DEFENSE. Moss isn't negatively effecting the other WRs.

Patriots fans dissing Moss are delusional. "We won the Superbowl without him!". That doesn't mean you are going to do it again. You won the Superbowl without Mayo and Welker, and I dont see people wanting them gone.

I don't see how you got there. He was clear about other players, and abundantly clear about Moss. He's not calling very player a slouch.
My apologies, I misread the author's comment and thought it was Revis'.

What's clear though is Revis is having a sook and letting it get the better of him with this quote,

“He didn’t give me respect one time, and you (should) respect people,” said Revis, who was a Pro Bowl and All-Pro selection. “That’s a simple fact.”

Seems like he wants Randy's approval and vindication if you ask me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye