PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cyrus Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. So the police department dropping the charges and going out of their way to say that he cooperated mean nothing? Okay. You're grasping at straws here.

I'll keep this quote in mind for later on in the post.

Yeah. He and the girl got into a shouting match and he smashed her cell phone before calling the police. Clearly you've never been in a heated fight with a woman or your significant other before but sometimes **** like that happens. In the end, he is still the one that called the police and attempted to deescalate the situation. The charges were then dropped. Why you can't grasp this simple concept is beyond me. It's almost as if you have something against Jones.

Less often than those college athletes are arrested and charged.

That's funny, because you DID just claim to know that something happened. Remember that quote I said I would remember?

But of course you know that something didn't happen. I guess you would rather dig your heels in and get smoked in the process instead of just admitting that you were either: A) wrong, or B) not knowledgeable on what transpired after that situation.

Arrested, charges dropped, police made a statement on the matter. It's pretty cut and dry. And what "history there" are you talking about? What "history" is there of domestic violence for Cyrus Jones outside of that incident? Cite your sources please.

Both of those examples are irrelevant to this conversation and are red herrings. So now, on top of tossing out a faulty example and attempting to move the goal posts, you're tossing out logical fallacies. Well done.

Newsflash: Rookies make rookie mistakes. Water is also wet. Kevin Faulk made rookie mistakes too. He had a fumbling problem. But he put it together nicely. Jones is capable of doing the same thing. You can dislike his game all you want but please don't try to pass off a faulty example and cite that as a reason why he has "emotional problems". It's dishonest and it's the reason I just kicked your ass up and down this thread.
Damn that was beautiful

Highly unusual that there is no video anywhere of what happened ... I say that speaks to refs may have erred in judgement.

Yeah I don't see how that's possible with all of the cameras on the field. I would have thought that the one in the opposite end zone would have caught it.

We'll see. It looks like the other guy took a cheap shot at him first when he wasn't looking. He's probably on a very short leash.

Actually Edelman has had his issues too, but has been nothing short of outstanding as soon as he stepped on the field-- Jones has not.

What are Edelman's "issues"? Are you incredibly referring to that sham of a shakedown in that nightclub in Boston that was completely torn to pieces right here at Patsfans? You DO realize there are intelligent people here that don't take kindly to punking off at the mouth in an effort to win some stupid azzed "cred" battle?

Charges against Patriots' Julian Edelman dropped

Prosecutors yesterday also released surveillance video from Storyville of the night of the incident. According to a release by Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley, evidence gathered by analyzing the surveillance tape and conducting interviews with the accuser and witnesses indicates the physical contact between Edelman and the woman was fleeting, and did not meet the elements of any crime.

“To constitute indecent assault and battery,’’ the release said, “physical contact must be intentional; potentially physically harmful or an affront to the victim’s integrity; fundamentally offensive to contemporary moral values; and without justification or excuse. Prosecutors could not prove these elements with the evidence contained in the surveillance imagery, witness statements, and other sources.’’

Newsflash, Buford..I personally tracked down the "witness" to this so-called incident, her BOYFRIEND, who lives in New Jersey. It was an attempted shakedown. He was confronted and proceeded to remove his Facebook page filled with Jets fan screeds and hatred for the New England Patriots and Tom Brady, who he blatantly referred to in print as "that queer".

I seriously have to question what kind of "Pats fan" you are that you don't know these facts. Given your completely negative, insulting game thread posts I'm starting to think you're a Jet fan troll.

It was deemed he threw a punch. Luckily the shoddy camera work provides us with no way to know...
The "All 22" coaches video should show it, yes/no? Not that it matters. It had to have happened. Refs don't toss players lightly. It had to have been egregious... I would hope

What are Edelman's "issues"? Are you incredibly referring to that sham of a shakedown in that nightclub in Boston that was completely torn to pieces right here at Patsfans? You DO realize there are intelligent people here that don't take kindly to punking off at the mouth in an effort to win some stupid azzed "cred" battle?

Charges against Patriots' Julian Edelman dropped

Prosecutors yesterday also released surveillance video from Storyville of the night of the incident. According to a release by Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel F. Conley, evidence gathered by analyzing the surveillance tape and conducting interviews with the accuser and witnesses indicates the physical contact between Edelman and the woman was fleeting, and did not meet the elements of any crime.

“To constitute indecent assault and battery,’’ the release said, “physical contact must be intentional; potentially physically harmful or an affront to the victim’s integrity; fundamentally offensive to contemporary moral values; and without justification or excuse. Prosecutors could not prove these elements with the evidence contained in the surveillance imagery, witness statements, and other sources.’’

Newsflash, Buford..I personally tracked down the "witness" to this so-called incident, her BOYFRIEND, who lives in New Jersey. It was an attempted shakedown. He was confronted and proceeded to remove his Facebook page filled with Jets fan screeds and hatred for the New England Patriots and Tom Brady, who he blatantly referred to in print as "that queer".

I seriously have to question what kind of "Pats fan" you are that you don't know these facts. Given your completely negative, insulting game thread posts I'm starting to think you're a Jet fan troll.
LOL, don't mess with the Joker.

The "All 22" coaches video should show it, yes/no? Not that it matters. It had to have happened. Refs don't toss players lightly. It had to have been egregious... I would hope
Yep, hopefully someone with access will review and report. Agreed about it being egregious, but I right now I don't know how he could've crossed that line.

Jones is pushing it too hard while it's not working......reduce his role on sundays and focus more in practice.....the kid has the tools but he's struggling right now

I haven't liked a lot of what I've seen, but the kid is learning. It's only been five games for him. We'll see. Whether he's even on the field on D is not a concern to me. It's ST's that I'm looking at more closely because he was supposed to be a boost there and we need him to be to keep the miles down on Edelman and Amendola. I would prefer a quick turnaround in that department for that reason. But yeah, I'm in the camp of those who feel it's much too early to panic.

Highly unusual that there is no video anywhere of what happened ... I say that speaks to refs may have erred in judgement.
What I heard was that it was clearly a punch and that is now an automatic ejection.

I'm sticking with that ejection being absolute bullsh*t until I see proof otherwise. All I see are two players engaging each other in blocks and Jones protecting his legs when the other guy went low. I don't give these officials the benefit of doubt when it comes to their explanation of calls. Not after that horror show in last weeks Skins/Browns game.

From what I've heard about him going back to training camp when he would punch balls after repeatedly muffing kicks, Cyrus Jones is an extremely confident kid who struggles emotionally when he makes mistakes. After getting drafted with the Pats top pick, he was handed 3 roles on the team: kick returner, punt returner, and cornerback. So far he seems to have lost the first two roles and is in danger of losing the third (after earning the slot corner position). It's really starting to snowball in a bad way for him - hope he can get his feet back under him.

Last edited:
Most disappointing is his lack of production as a punt returner. As a corner, I hope Rowe come back soon. I see little reason to see much of Jones, unless there are a couple players injured.

Most disappointing is his lack of production as a punt returner. As a corner, I hope Rowe come back soon. I see little reason to see much of Jones, unless there are a couple players injured.
Or....unless our CB3 struggles and they try some odd combination of Coleman, J.Jones, and C.Jones. ;)

Could not agree more. He is in over his head and needs to step back and catch his breath.

So when all-22 comes out, it should be on it, right?

right...unless..."Integrita!"

right...unless..."Integrita!"

Roger Goodell: "Nevermind those 4 seconds of spliced footage of Wily E. Coyote chasing the Road Runner. Nothing to see here."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST