PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cyrus Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be time to make Cyrus Jones a healthy scratch, (so he can hit the reset button) let Justin Coleman get some reps at 3rd corner. Hate to overuse Amendola/Edelman in return duties but they can get the job done in the meantime.

Is there any video of what Jones did to get ejected? During the game, the only replay they showed panned to another part of the field that didn't show Jones and Hawkins.

I know that, sometimes, footage takes a few days to surface after a game. For example, when Duke Johnson fumbled and then recovered his own fumble 2 weeks ago, it was Showtime's NFL show on Wednesday or Thursday that had the best view of the play. It seems odd that nothing like that has surfaced with the Jones situation. Then again, if some video does appear and it shows Jones throwing a punch, then the NFL's decision not to fine him will make even less sense.

I've really cut down too. I only watch the Pats games and the Jags games and maybe catch the best 4:00 game I can find. I don't watch any primetime games really. I actually watch A LOT more college than I do pro ball. I set up multiple TV's in my house on Saturdays and watch games all day on Saturdays. It's a much superior on-field product.
Because of the no-defense?

Because of the no-defense?
No. I actually like defense. The top 25 play it for the most part. I was talking about how close the games are and how well officiated they are compared to the NFL.

No. I actually like defense. The top 25 play it for the most part. I was talking about how close the games are and how well officiated they are compared to the NFL.
There have been some awesome finishes this year.

There have been some awesome finishes this year.

Yep. You knew it was going to be a good year of college pigskin right off the bat when that Notre Dame/Texas game took place.

Why was this guy inactive again? Edelman should not be returning kicks

I'm highly disappointed in jones this year

Anyone know the status on this kid? Is he out of BBs doghouse Yet?

Let's pump the brakes on the Cyrus Jones overreaction...he ****ed up on returns last wk, and bb intimated it wasn't his fault
Messing up on returns was not a one week occurance. This goes all the way back to training camp and it's been fairly consistent.

They should have cut Brady when he threw four picks against Denver in 2001, he sucked.

Yeah because prior to that Brady had already set the NFL record for most passes completed in a row without an interception.

What NFL record has Cryus Jones set so far? Name me one positive thing jones has done for the team so far?

He's been so bad on return game that Belichick had to move our number 1 injury prone WR in his spot to replace him.

It never ceases to amaze me just how knee jerk so many fans are. People want to bury this kid in the first month iof his career over a few bad plays and a really questionable ejection.

Why was this guy inactive again? Edelman should not be returning kicks

I'm highly disappointed in jones this year

I'm highly disappointed that he is our top draft pick.
I was disappointed in Devin McCourty's performance in his second year after such a promising rookie campaign. Cyrus Jones has yet to show me anything close to the standard of a high draft pick so maybe he should not have been picked so high. He is more Terence Wheatley or Chris Canty than a pro CB or ST player.
We've hit on enough late rounders that it doesn't "hurt" quite as much.

Yeah because prior to that Brady had already set the NFL record for most passes completed in a row without an interception.

What NFL record has Cryus Jones set so far? Name me one positive thing jones has done for the team so far?

He's been so bad on return game that Belichick had to move our number 1 injury prone WR in his spot to replace him.

He's a month into his career for Christ sakes, it's ******ed. As soon as he takes one back for six. The same people will be claiming he was their binky from the start.

This board sometimes amazes me, and not in a good way. He may suck, he may end up good, but burying him after a couple of games is plain moronic.

One of the things many are missing is that Jones was a project to begin with, and one with big upside. Jones was primarily a WR at Alabama and only had one year as a starting CB, he was a conversion project with nominal experience but exceptional athletic ability and upside, it will take a couple of years under Belichick and Patricia for him to develop into the player he can be and people need to have some patience for that to take place. And this is the case with pretty much every player the Patriots have drafted under Belichick as even the greatest of them took time to develop and guys like Wilfork didn't start from game one and Bruschi and others took several years to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back