PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cyrus Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think BB is smartly preventing him to Burn out, that's all.

For a rookie, if you have 3 bad games, that could make you tremble mentally. You start try harding to make things happen and, more often than not, nothing really works. It's like a ball going downhill from there.

It's still way too early to judge. I wouldn't mind red-shirting him for a year, next year he could take place of Ryan as our 3rd CB (Rowe is impressing me so far, keep him as our number 2)

Last edited:
Yeah because prior to that Brady had already set the NFL record for most passes completed in a row without an interception.

What NFL record has Cryus Jones set so far? Name me one positive thing jones has done for the team so far?

He's been so bad on return game that Belichick had to move our number 1 injury prone WR in his spot to replace him.

Edelman is at PR by choice, Amendola would be out there if he weren't.

It never ceases to amaze me just how knee jerk so many fans are. People want to bury this kid in the first month iof his career over a few bad plays and a really questionable ejection.
Agreed. Let's see if he's active for tomorrow.

@goheels22002 You were right a few weeks ago when you predicted healthy scratch. I was wrong, my friend. Kudos.

It never ceases to amaze me just how knee jerk so many fans are. People want to bury this kid in the first month iof his career over a few bad plays and a really questionable ejection.

It's the dreaded "gameday thread-itis" disease.

I made a mistake once of going on the gameday thread....by the end of it, I needed therapy.
It is frustrating, because now and then you think it might be sort of interesting to see other pats fans thoughts on the game…

I take comfort in the fact that there's usually a ton of names that I don't recognize at all, as opposed to people who offer some decent insights here (at times;))

So is Cyrus active on the gameday Roster tomorrow?

My guess is.... no.

How many times was Vereen inactive ? James White ?

A rookie season doesn't define a career. But, yes, he's gotta "not suck" on STs anymore.

Cyrus has every chance coming back to the roster - I guess after the bye week.
They might cut (or even trade) one corner by then and it won't be CyJ.
_

The guy is just very emotional/easily affected .. like reported already on draft day. Might take a bit longer to mold into BB's hard-boiled soldier. Although we did see what a little tablet can do to BB himself ..

I could be way wrong about this but I feel like corners who usually have the most success here tend to show it right out of the gate. I can't recall many corners having a bad first year and then rebounding. Once again, I could be WAY off on that sentiment and I hope that I am. I hope Cyrus turns it around. I liked the pick when it was made.

I could be way wrong about this but I feel like corners who usually have the most success here tend to show it right out of the gate. I can't recall many corners having a bad first year and then rebounding. Once again, I could be WAY off on that sentiment and I hope that I am. I hope Cyrus turns it around. I liked the pick when it was made.

Devin McCourty was awesome as a corner when he was a rookie... he got completely smoked his second year, teams were targeting him and he just couldn't cover wide receivers. It was very strange.

They had to move him to safety because he sucked as a corner. I don't remember Asanti Samuels rookie year but I think he played the third corner back role or slot corner.

Cyrus has not looked that great but its way to early to close the book on him.

Cyrus will be fine. He is just doing the rookie thing and trying to screw us over. No different than Gronk vs the Browns his rookie year. Cyrus played a massive role in our loss to the Bills. He put us in a bind to start the game with horrible returns and made things much harder on Jacoby. He is going to most likely remain in timeout until the bye. He needs the time to reflect and improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results