PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cyrus Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax, he's a rookie who has made a few mistakes but has also shown enough talent that they want him to be their starting kick returner and a top 3 corner. He was a converter WR in college and only has two seasons,if that playing corner. Beyond that from the little footage shown of that interaction I have serious doubt he should have been tossed OBJ and Norman did far worse and never got tossed.

The Cyrus Jones stuff is very interesting to me. On kickoffs, Belichick said that communication was screwed up. I think the Patriots want to be unpredictable by running some out of the end zone, and taking a knee on others. You can't break a big one if you don't take a shot once in a while.

On the personal foul, I like that Jones has some fire and pushes back when provoked. He won't get the benefit of the doubt from the refs as rookie. Amendola and Edelman constantly get in the face of opponents, but they've earned the right to inform bullies what they can pound when they pull their stunts.

I'd be surprised if Cyrus Jones gets cut, but I would not be surprised to see him on the Inactive list or even on the Practice Squad if they think he would clear waivers. He has to learn that he does no one any good by getting thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct.

The Cyrus Jones stuff is very interesting to me. On kickoffs, Belichick said that communication was screwed up. I think the Patriots want to be unpredictable by running some out of the end zone, and taking a knee on others. You can't break a big one if you don't take a shot once in a while.

On the personal foul, I like that Jones has some fire and pushes back when provoked. He won't get the benefit of the doubt from the refs as rookie. Amendola and Edelman constantly get in the face of opponents, but they've earned the right to inform bullies what they can pound when they pull their stunts.

I'd be surprised if Cyrus Jones gets cut, but I would not be surprised to see him on the Inactive list or even on the Practice Squad if they think he would clear waivers. He has to learn that he does no one any good by getting thrown out for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Hey goheels, I can't say I really follow your thought process on this one. Edelman and Amendola get in peoples' faces, but I've never seen one of them hit someone after the play. That's what Jones did and the rule now is that it is an immediate ejection for a punch to the face. That's much different.

As far as Jones being cut or inactive, I definitely don't see the former happening (as you somewhat indicated) and I don't see him being inactive unless Bill felt there was no way he could help the team. I don't see that as being the case. He has not been really good, especially in the past two weeks. But the kid is definitely still good enough to be on the active roster, unless he's hurt. I don't see him being Dobson level bad where he was a healthy scratch on numerous occasions (position notwithstanding). Who knows? He's definitely off to a rocky NFL start, and there were signs of that in TC (play, not behavior) but he's a rookie who is learning life in the NFL. It's only been five games. He should be alright. There's plenty of great leadership walking through that locker room. I don't expect to see a repeat of what we saw this past weekend.

Which begs the question "should he even have been ejected at all"?
Evidently, upon review, CJones might not have been as guilty as so many of us surmised, otherwise there WOULD have been a fine.

Still the kid lost his head, regardless of being provoked and the important lesson, hopefully, has been learned.

Which begs the question "should he even have been ejected at all"?
I caught up with Roger to ask him

"That's an excellent question, whenever we have an issue whether it be on the field or off the field we try to make the best decision we can make that will protect the integrity of the game. There is nothing we are more concerned about than the integrity of the game and maintaining that level of integrity on a day-to-day basis."

I caught up with Roger to ask him

"That's an excellent question, whenever we have an issue whether it be on the field or off the field we try to make the best decision we can make that will protect the integrity of the game. There is nothing we are more concerned about than the integrity of the game and maintaining that level of integrity on a day-to-day basis."

I call BS.

If that was really Roger's response he would have "integrity" much more than the number used in your quote.

So now the question is what did you do with the REAL Roger?

Hopefully it was quite painful.

Last edited:
I call BS.

If that was really Roger's response he would have "integrity" much more than the number used in your quote.

So now the question is what did you do with the REAL Roger?

Hopefully is was quite painful.
That's an excellent question, whenever we have an issue here on the board whether it be on the board or off the board we try to make the best decision we can make that will protect the integrity of the board. There is nothing we are more concerned about than the integrity of the board and maintaining that level of integrity on a day-to-day basis.

And, in true NFL style, they're getting it wrong. Now, instead of being way too slow to eject players, they're way too quick. Roger Goodell's regime could **** up a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

The NFL will eventually kill the golden goose. I'm just one person, but I've only watched 3 games this entire season (and all of them were from this week) when, just a couple of seasons back, I would normally have watched something on the lines of 7+ games per week.

I think the lack of a fine is actually the NFL saying "no".

Imagine if that happened in a late season game with playoff implications, or worse, in a playoff game.. if one of our good players got ejected from the game and there was no video or look into it at all, then they just kept playing the game and dont talk about it

It was serious enough to eject him in the very first quarter of the game, only a few minutes into it I think.. but it wasn't serious enough to warrant a fine?

The NFL continues to show why they're totally full of **** and are completely untrustworthy.

The NFL will eventually kill the golden goose. I'm just one person, but I've only watched 3 games this entire season (and all of them were from this week) when, just a couple of seasons back, I would normally have watched something on the lines of 7+ games per week.
I've really cut down too. I only watch the Pats games and the Jags games and maybe catch the best 4:00 game I can find. I don't watch any primetime games really. I actually watch A LOT more college than I do pro ball. I set up multiple TV's in my house on Saturdays and watch games all day on Saturdays. It's a much superior on-field product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye