PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cyrus Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, the Patriots' gameplan made their (admittedly below average) run defense look worse. How many other teams in 2014 had two different RBs run on them the way we did? It's not like Blount is anything special either, right? Blount doesn't play ST either...

So my point is that Gray got shafted for less than what has happened with Jones (as far as in-game), thus, it is not out of the realm of possibility that Jones gets canned.

And as far as what are his emotional issues... are you aware that he has problems with domestic abuse or something (I forget) while in college? That's a clear case of someone with emotional issues. Not to mention him swinging at someone in this game.
I don't recall Ray Rice having any on the field emotional issues.

Your attempt to support the claim that Jones has emotional issues is ********.

I don't recall Ray Rice having any on the field emotional issues.

Your attempt to support the claim that Jones has emotional issues is ********.

Alright, I attempted to engage you politely, but you seem to want to pick a fight. I'm out. You got it.

Alright, I attempted to engage you politely, but you seem to want to pick a fight. I'm out. You got it.
I have a problem with posters who say players have emotional issues with zero evidence. You pulled that crap just to support your campaign for the Jones Isn't A Patriot 2016 run.

It's football. It's the heat of the moment. It happens. You are reading way to much into it

Last edited:
I have a problem with posters who say players have emotional issues with zero evidence. You pull that crap just to support your campaign for the Jones Isn't A Patriot 2016 run.

It's football. It's the heat of the moment. It happens. You are reading way to much into it

Exactly. There's zero evidence from Jones's college history and thus far in the league to suggest that he has "emotional issues". That poster was attempting to peddle that crap in the game thread too. He had a rough week last week, lost his job on ST, and lost his cool today. It sucks but he's a rookie. He'll take a trip over to the dog house and learn his lesson. Either that, or he won't and he won't be with this team for very long.

So is this a Sergio Brown reincarnation thread?

It's only been 5 games, no need to panic yet on the guy.

Let's pump the brakes on the Cyrus Jones overreaction...he ****ed up on returns last wk, and bb intimated it wasn't his fault, and today he got beaten on single coverage for a td....i blame the coaches for leaving a rook in single coverage in the EZ... Play was eerily reminiscent of the td to Buress on Hobbs in 07 or 11

He's certainly having a rough start. Not sure how I feel about the ejection but I'm assuming we missed key stuff or something.

I'm hoping for a Faulk-esque turnaround for this kid.
Why did he get ejected?

Exactly. There's zero evidence from Jones's college history and thus far in the league to suggest that he has "emotional issues". That poster was attempting to peddle that crap in the game thread too. He had a rough week last week, lost his job on ST, and lost his cool today. It sucks but he's a rookie. He'll take a trip over to the dog house and learn his lesson. Either that, or he won't and he won't be with this team for very long.

So domestic abuse doesn't constitute emotional issues to you? And I was trying to peddle what crap in the game thread, that Jones has emotional issues? In that thread I called him out for getting ejected, I never once stated he had emotional issues until THIS thread, so again, this is a case of another poster talking out of their rear end because of a difference of opinion.

Not to even mention you are agreeing with what I'm saying-- that it seems like his days may be numbered in New England (your caveat was "if he doesn't learn his lesson", which I agree with). I'm all for the guy turning it around, and becoming a stud-- hell, I want NE to have the defense of '01-'04 again. But from what I've seen from this kid, I don't think that is the case. We've lost players for less (Gray).

Yes, I brought up a bunch of posts in which you directly criticized Jones, since you adamantly claimed there weren't more than two of them.

Look, you spammed the game thread with a bunch of stupid ****: complaints about Jones, and then complaints about people disagreeing with your complaints. You can just leave it alone and move on, or you can double down on it like you're doing, or whatever else. But if you indignantly claim--contrary to objective fact--that you weren't incessantly complaining in the game thread, you're going to get called out like that.

You're complaining about a thread being spammed by spamming this thread. The OP here wanted to discuss the fact that Jones looked awful in all phases of the game. That makes the discussion of Jones far more on topic and relevant than your beef from a GDT.

It was deemed he threw a punch. Luckily the shoddy camera work provides us with no way to know...
That doesn't make sense to me, why didn't the bills player from last week get ejected then? This officiating crew was not good

So domestic abuse doesn't constitute emotional issues to you? And I was trying to peddle what crap in the game thread, that Jones has emotional issues? In that thread I called him out for getting ejected, I never once stated he had emotional issues until THIS thread, so again, this is a case of another poster talking out of their rear end because of a difference of opinion.

Not to even mention you are agreeing with what I'm saying-- that it seems like his days may be numbered in New England (your caveat was "if he doesn't learn his lesson", which I agree with). I'm all for the guy turning it around, and becoming a stud-- hell, I want NE to have the defense of '01-'04 again. But from what I've seen from this kid, I don't think that is the case. We've lost players for less (Gray).
He never laid a hand on her. He even had the sense to call the cops himself to defuse the situation. You don't like him fine but stop with the smear campaign and making **** up. Your credibility on this topic is going down the drain.

He hasn't looked good, but he's a rookie. Such is life. As for the character issues (such as they are, more personal foul issues), this was in his NFL.com draft profile:

"He may need to get his Twitter game in check because I think he lets some of that stuff get to him, but it's just more fuel for his fire. He thinks everyone is always disrespecting him from media to the other team. I like him. You will never have to worry about his football character while he’s in the league." -- NFL executive

Why did he get ejected?

This is what happened. The refs were overzealous, sure, but my point in the game thread was that he should never place himself in this position to begin with. The Pats are under a microscope, and everything we do will be nitpicked into the next century. Patriots players don't retaliate (unless it's Gronk in the super bowl at the end of the game). We are more disciplined than this, even when players like Pollard, Incognito or Suh are dirty against us. We never respond to the BS, except through our play.

That's why I mentioned he doesn't really fit the culture of New England (which is probably why Bill cut Gray, for being late. That's against our culture). And then there are his miscues on Special Teams and defense.

At the end of the day, I'm willing to cut the guy a break (I was more than forgiving of Gray). Not so sure about Bill.

He's a 2nd round pick. They're not going to cut him after a tantrum. I don't understand the comparisons to Gray. Gray was an undrafted free agent of very little talent.

So what exactly did Jones do to get ejected? I mean, I thought you needed two personal fouls to get the hook. I saw the play and he did a little jawing afterwards but nothing that seemed to warrant a foul let alone an ejection.

Okay, I saw the video posted above but he did get blocked late and behind the play...and he pushed the guy down who did it. How's that a foul let alone an ejectable foul?

So what exactly did Jones do to get ejected? I mean, I thought you needed two personal fouls to get the hook. I saw the play and he did a little jawing afterwards but nothing that seemed to warrant a foul let alone an ejection.

When he pushed back, the Browns WR was falling to the ground so it appeared as if his hands were going towards his helmet, when if the WR was still standing, the push would have been in his chest. It was a misinterpretation of what happened, because lets be real, if he was trying to punch someone with a helmet on...

But we're the Pats. This is what will happen to us all season.

I'd much prefer to have a firey competitor such as Jones opposed to Asante Samuel who thought he could pick and choose when he felt like making an effort. Once Jones learns to channel his emotion, he'll be fine.

What? Asante Samuel was a 3x pro bowler and 2x Super Bowl champion for us. He proved himself one of the best ball Hawks of the past 15 years in our secondary. He intercepted a prime Peyton manning for 6 in an afc title game. He got another pick six against the jets in a playoff game.

Slow your horses there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference