PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Pats looking into Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is he same Vincent Jackson who is so committed to his team that he keeps getting arrested the week of Charger playoff games:

Jackson arrested on DUI charge - SignOnSanDiego.com

or in the case of last year the morning of the Jets playoff game:

Chargers' Vincent Jackson arrested Sunday

And we get to give him 40m and give up a #1 and #2? Boy this sounds like a great deal!

Maybe we could contractually obligate him to have one of those breathalizers in his ride?
:singing:

Many people asking about Chargers WR Vincent Jackson potentially being traded to New England. Two words: not happening.

This is from Schefter's twitter from 23 hours ago.

I am hearing now a 1 and a 2.No way the pats are doing that!I wouldnt either.:mad:

Until he decides that getting traded to the Patriots is reason to celebrate and gets suspended for the rest of the season. Plus, if there's a lockout, then he might not play a down for the Patriots until 2012. The off-the-field concerns are legitimate. He's one bad decision away from a year suspension.

It is not a bad gamble when you exchange Mankins a 2 or 3 for Jackson

Mankins will never play for the Patriots again.... I'll take my chances on a head case that could be a game-breaker.. :D

If he he does get suspended sure it would hurt a little bit........ but the exchange and a draft pick to acquire him are of no consequence. We lose no matter what w/ Mankins. I want to gamble on VJ.:):):)

Last edited:
Why not go after Steve Smith?

Heck, flip one of the firsts for Larry Fitzgerald now his career will be a complete waste without Warner and Boldin.

Now, this I like ! Hope BB does ;)

I really hope we pull this trigger, who cares if he worries you guys, we need to stop being cheap and grab a quality guy, then we can talk SB.

I really hope we pull this trigger, who cares if he worries you guys, we need to stop being cheap and grab a quality guy, then we can talk SB.

Most people aren't being cheap, they don't want a reciever who is a moron that will get himself suspended for an entire season.

It makes too much sense not to happen

If giving an oppurtunity and paid he will probably try hard, I would do it honestly. If he gets suspended we are back to square one but giving it a shot is worth more than a few future busts.

This is from Schefter's twitter from 23 hours ago.

LOL. You might as well just give up. I don't think many people are going to pay attention to this.

Let's get this done ! WOW VJ a Patriot, yahoooooooooo

Mankins is the wild card.Seattle does need oline help. They haven't been the same since Hutchinson left.

I am thinking Mankins/Jackson to Seattle for 2nd/3rd and Branch.

That 2nd and 3rd to San Diego.

For us, it's basically Branch for Mankins.

Many variations are possible.

Why would ANYONE want Branch? :confused: I don't want him back on the Pats.

I bet we get Deion Branch in the end.I rather trade for Marcus Trufant.

LOL. You might as well just give up. I don't think many people are going to pay attention to this.

On TV and Twitter there is another talk, this one involves Mankins which wasn't brought up yesterday.

^ this. I think most people are also ignoring that he is far too close to being suspended for a year. BB doesn't recruit too many people with that many off field issues.

Whatever happens has to happen fast, right? RIGHT?! I need some semblance of my life back!

On TV and Twitter there is another talk, this one involves Mankins which wasn't brought up yesterday.

Schefter said on TV today that there is no chance VJax to Patriots will happen.

The Pats must really think that Branch has something left in the tank.I dont know about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes