PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Pats looking into Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jackson doesnt exactly need to be Randy Moss.The guy's a big bruising wr.

Jackson also gets to sit out those extra games because of the way the Chargers listed him.....

This doesn't really make any sense to me. Why would we want to pay his salary and give up the enormous amount of picks it would take to get him over here?

If we could include Mankins, it would soften the blow to our picks.
We could keep Oaklands 1st and give them our first or something.

if we exchange Mankins for Jackson...... there is no way we lose out.:cool:

Until he decides that getting traded to the Patriots is reason to celebrate and gets suspended for the rest of the season. Plus, if there's a lockout, then he might not play a down for the Patriots until 2012. The off-the-field concerns are legitimate. He's one bad decision away from a year suspension.

Schefter emphatically said today that Jackson would NOT be a Patriot.

Couldn't we do that with 6 of the 8 1st to 4th round picks we have? We know that picks are not a sure thing. Jackson is a sure thing.

The thing is that San Diego has stated that it would drive up the asking price for Jackson for an AFC team. More than likely, we would have to give up one of our firsts on top of another pick in the draft. I want both first round picks. But that's just how I feel about it personally. If the team decides that they can part with multiple picks and wants to give away a first rounder, that's their decision. If they can drive the asking price down to a second and a third (what the Vikings offered), I won't have a problem with it.

Gotta be kidding. Branch IS NOT THAT GOOD...

You miss the point. Your opinion and my opinion of Branch are meaningless. It's what BB really wants.

Also, Mankins is a valuable commodity you is of zero value to us.

Vincent jackson is of zero value to the Chargers.

Jackson's market value has spoken. Value is only applied when something is actually purchased.

I am not saying Branch is desireable. My guess is Branch is who BB really wants because he's a better fit for where the offense is going. Jackson is the guy who is/was heavilt coveted by the team that has Branch.

Both teams need an asset we have sitting in CA.

Gotta be kidding. Branch IS NOT THAT GOOD...

I think you probably get Branch for a 6th or 7th round pick. From what I have read, this is a straight salary dump. Branch has 13 catches this season for a 8.6 yard average, and has an injury history. The Seahawks owe him $5.27 million which at this point is fully guaranteed. If the Seahawks cut Branch they still owe the $5.27 million ( I believe thats his salary ), if they can trade him for anything, they are completely off the hook.

Last edited:
We just lost one diva. Why would we acquire another?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Patriots might have no qualms paying a young guy, but paying someone who might not play again after this year until he's 35? NO.

The thing is that San Diego has stated that it would drive up the asking price for Jackson for an AFC team. More than likely, we would have to give up one of our firsts on top of another pick in the draft. I want both first round picks. But that's just how I feel about it personally. If the team decides that they can part with multiple picks and wants to give away a first rounder, that's their decision. If they can drive the asking price down to a second and a third (what the Vikings offered), I won't have a problem with it.

The Patriots have reportedly been very high on Jackson for some time.

Given the market for wideouts, I would also be averse to parting with a 1st rounder. But if we can get him for Mankins + a pick or a 2nd and 3rd I could certainly pull the trigger.

Why would SD want mankins? Arent they talking to their hold-out guard that recently reported and signed his tender?

I thought they were trying to work a deal with him? (again, i'm not sure of this as i didn't exactly follow the situation closely, but i remember hearing that he showed up and signed his RFA tender in hopes of getting his deal done)

edit jk, thats their tackle. whoops. :)

Last edited:
Branch's a better fit financially and see wat he has left but ur gonna trade Mankins for a guy on one knee?:rolleyes:

Branch's a better fit financially and see wat he has left but ur gonna trade Mankins for a guy on one knee?:rolleyes:

I think you probably get Branch for a 6th or 7th round pick. From what I have read, this is a straight salary dump. Branch has 13 catches this season for a 8.6 yard average, and has an injury history. The Seahawks owe him $5.27 million which at this point is fully guaranteed. If the Seahawks cut Branch they still owe the $5.27 million ( I believe thats his salary ), if they can trade him for anything, they are completely off the hook.

Why would SD want mankins? Arent they talking to their hold-out guard that recently reported and signed his tender?

I thought they were trying to work a deal with him? (again, i'm not sure of this as i didn't exactly follow the situation closely, but i remember hearing that he showed up and signed his RFA tender in hopes of getting his deal done)
That's their left tackle, Marcus McNeill

Why not go after Steve Smith?

Heck, flip one of the firsts for Larry Fitzgerald now his career will be a complete waste without Warner and Boldin.

Ill be a happy camper if I wake up monday morning and we have a new 6-5 wideout...and if we don't Ill go back to work looking at prospects:(

I am curious about the draft picks.I dont feel good about giving up a second round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes