PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran: Pats looking into Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Curran: We asked about VJax

When you think of Brandon Marshall, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin and what they were traded for, then it seems obvious that the Chargers are asking for too much. BUT the whys and whens of a WR trade always make a difference. A team like New England might decide that Jackson = more than, say, 2 second rounders. The Cowboys traded a lot for Galloway and Roy Williams, after all. So this is not a cut-and-dried measurement. The Phins grabbed Marshall over the summer when the market is light and hope springs eternal. Perhaps only Boldin was worth a premium since he's a solid player with few issues like the other guys. A couple of those other receivers were gone in a fire sale.

So this is not an apples to oranges comparison.

Think about it: Maroney was worth a 4th. So, what is Vince Jackson worth? At least 3 Maroneys. That means he's worth a 2nd. Anything more than a 2nd is the price of desperation, IMO.

I'm just saying that the Patriots are an organization that prides itself on getting good value. To trade for Jackson at such a premium would be a panic move to replace Moss long term. This is something fans of the teams want to do because it helps them immediately, the Pats are not willing to trade away future picks for a player unless they believe they are getting equal value. Had the Patriots believed a 1st and a 2nd is equal value the trade would have been completed by now.

When you think of Brandon Marshall, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss, Anquan Boldin ...

All of those guys except for Boldin come with serious baggage and one could justify not biting on them.
However, when Randy started whining about the contract in February, why did we not step up and try and get Boldin? Boldin came to the Ravens for a measily 3rd and 4th. That seems like a bargain when you think of trading for an equal caliber receiver OR whiffing on another WR in the draft (Chad Jackson nightmares still).

AJ greene is not the next randy moss

AJ Green has tremendous potential though and he shows it throughout the game. Ive yet to see AJ disappear for a half;)

Uhuh. Need more traffic for your new blog, eh? Who's your "source" that's "close" to the Patriots?

His uncle. :rolleyes:

OMG U MEAN THE DOORS IZ OPEN AGIN? *CUMZ*

If you are wrong I will never forget you and disregard any and everything you post. If you are right I will never forget you and take every post you make as the gospel.

I don't think I've seen a single one of the posters that come on here and start crowing about how they "have this source within an organization that tells them 'this' will happen" turn out to be correct.

sometime next week when?I would hope its for just a 3rd rounder.:DAgain its all whose source u believe.I hope its true

sometime next week when?I would hope its for just a 3rd rounder.:DAgain its all whose source u believe.I hope its true

Its not true, that link n site were bs.

I figure it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes