PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran:Loss all on McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyle Arrington > McStonehands nuff said!

While the implementation of ignore threads is awesome, can the mods upgrade the website with an option to ignore specific posters?

While the implementation of ignore threads is awesome, can the mods upgrade the website with an option to ignore specific posters?

You can already.

I joined in 2005 bandwagon jumper probably before you were born mr 47 posts.:D

You know, I'd almost rather see the team give up passes because we blitzed and left ourselves open rather than these stupid lobs we keep giving up without pressure because we can't cover anyway.

At least in a blitz we can knock a few heads.

I thought overall that McCourty had a good game.
When he dropped a gimmee INT and another very makeable one? He's a pro.

He and Arrington muffed on three INTs. That's inexcusable. And I think they'd be the first to tell you that.

He's not a starting caliber CB right now, because he can be beaten by the same 2 moves pretty much every time and he can't hold up in man coverage, and the Ravens used that last night.

He hasn't been a starting quality CB since 2010 - seriously we have Dowling on the roster who should at least be given an opportunity because teams are just going to abuse McCourty game after game much as they did all last year

Granted Arrington was poor last night as well but McCourty has been woeful for over a year now, any QB can just lob it up his sideline and he's got a good chance of a completion or a PI - it just cant go on

McCourty did make some plays. I thought Arrington was terrible. Also there was no pass rush. Oher was doing a fantastic job of tackling our DEs the whole game.

Re: Devin McCourty = Suck

Jeez, the guy played solid for most of the game. He did have the most crucial PI which was his fault, but to say he needs to be benched or that he sucked all game is just not true.
You and i have been here for the last six years and for the last 3-4 its the same thing every year. A lot of posters just Have to find a whipping boy to beat up on, a player could make 9 plays but if he misses the 10th he sucks he needs to be cut. I still remember the cleveland game a couple of years ago, gronk fumbled twice and many here wanted him benched or cut. The same thing goes as far as the team goes on a whole from week to week. Theres a mind set that the pats should beat every team by ten or twenty points and if they don't its usually followed by complaints all week long. When we first came on board there were many great posters that had a lot of great observations, most of them left years ago. They couldn't take the negativity, theres no patience, the team is a work in progress and usually jells in late october or nov.

Last edited:
He hasn't been a starting quality CB since 2010 - seriously we have Dowling on the roster who should at least be given an opportunity because teams are just going to abuse McCourty game after game much as they did all last year

Granted Arrington was poor last night as well but McCourty has been woeful for over a year now, any QB can just lob it up his sideline and he's got a good chance of a completion or a PI - it just cant go on

For whatever reason, Dowling can't beat out Arrington or Moore. That is not a good sign.

I guess we apportion no blame to a front seven who could only manage one TFL the entire night?

Granted, McCourty was up and down but I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

I would give the front seven a bit of a break, though they weren't great. But they were getting held all night. Oher had Jones and Ninkovich in choke holds FFS.

For whatever reason, Dowling can't beat out Arrington or Moore. That is not a good sign.

Seems to me he's still no 100 percent after his hip surgery.

That's really the only logical explanation I can think of as he was certainly able to beat out Arrington by virtue of stepping onto the field last season, before he got hurt.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. McCourty sucked and if you're looking for one person to blame and make your deadline, he's an easy and deserving target for last night's loss.

But, St. Thomas of Brady was one for four for 11 yards and a sack when he got the ball back with the lead and 4:01 on the clock (remember in 2003 and 2004 and a whole bunch of other years when that meant the game was over?), after which Zolton got off a booming 30 yard punt to give the Ravens the ball at their own 21 with 2:01 to play. Somehow, they manage to move the ball 70 yards and kick a FG to win the game.

So, there's a lot of "blame" to go around and a 2--1 Bills team waiting in Orchard Park that actually thinks it can play in the NFL this year.

The quicker we all get this behind us the better.

Last edited:
I would give the front seven a bit of a break, though they weren't great. But they were getting held all night. Oher had Jones and Ninkovich in choke holds FFS.

I agree. But certainly that doesn't change the fact that the secondary is going to look a whole lot worse when the front seven can't apply any pressure whatsoever.

I thought Arrington was just as bad or worse than McCourty last night. Dude's closing speed is just lousy.

So, is it holding when the OL is behind the DL with his arm wrapped across his chest? :confused:

I have been on the replacement refs side since the beginning, my thinking is that while these guys may suck, the regular guys suck too. And with some seasoning the replacements will get close to only sucking as bad as the regulars. But last night was horrible. They should replace the replacements....

Call me crazy but if given time,Sterling Moore could be the best cornerback on the team....yet probably not even a #3 on most teams.

That shows how bad the secondary is and hasn't changed personel from last year.

I think Belichick certainly improved the front 7 (even though it didn't look it last night) ,but he has failed to add any talent to a secondary that was beaten more than Tina Turner last year and that may be the achilles heel going forward.

Gregory had a pick last night and then playmaking dissapeared,this addition was not much of an upgrade from Ihedigbo IMO.

Greetings,
I feel the same way as well. The pass rush needs to improve no question. But the Ravens holding them and getting away with it did not help. Thing is you can easily see far away the Ravens O-Line(especially Oher) holding Patriot DE.

Celticboy04

Call me crazy but if given time,Sterling Moore could be the best cornerback on the team....yet probably not even a #3 on most teams.

That shows how bad the secondary is and hasn't changed personel from last year.

I think Belichick certainly improved the front 7 (even though it didn't look it last night) ,but he has failed to add any talent to a secondary that was beaten more than Tina Turner last year and that may be the achilles heel going forward.

Gregory had a pick last night and then playmaking dissapeared,this addition was not much of an upgrade from Ihedigbo IMO.

Gregory is a big upgrade over Sergio Brown ( did you see him get burned in the Colt's game,LOL). He has played solidly in the firt 2 games. Also Wilson has added some depth. Those 2 guys alone has improved the secondary.

Re: Devin McCourty = Suck

Jeez, the guy played solid for most of the game. He did have the most crucial PI which was his fault, but to say he needs to be benched or that he sucked all game is just not true.

I agree 100%. He played SHUTDOWN for most of the game and then got beat on a few plays which ultimately cost the game. He has improved a lotcompared to last year though. A LOT. I don't understand the hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case