PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran:Loss all on McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Devin McCourty = Suck

It's astonishing how bad he sucks, he's been sucking for the entire game, costing us plays throughout, I'm beginning to hate him.

He needs to be benched. If he's in position to make a play he doesn't make it and the rest of the time he gets burnt.

He needs to be benched. If he's in position to make a play he doesn't make it and the rest of the time he gets burnt.
Benched for who?

Jeez, the guy played solid for most of the game. He did have the most crucial PI which was his fault, but to say he needs to be benched or that he sucked all game is just not true.

I thought he played well most of the game. He had some phantom calls made on him. That last one however, was tough.

Could someone please

Remind Devin McCourty how to catch a ball.

That is all.

Re: Could someone please

.....and while we're at it could someone please let the offense know it is OK if they close out a game.
How is it they can run 3 plays with less than 3 minutes to go in the game, lose yards when doing it and have to punt the ball before the 2 minute warning.

Embarrassing!!!!!

Meet the 2012 Patriots. Same as the 2011 Patriots.

Defense can't stop anyone and are forced back onto the field because the offense can't close out game

He's wrong but I can see his argument.

Agree with all this but BB doesn't ever seem to want bench him. I'd rather see Dowling out there, or Arrington and Moore

It's clear to me that opposing offenses now flat out see him as a weak link, how many times did Flacco just lob it up down his sideline

That's pretty deranged.

I wouldn't blame the entire loss on him but it's pretty evident McCourty is a heaping pile of trash at cornerback.

Curran is the only analyst i listen to or watch in New England nuff said!:singing:

I wouldn't blame the entire loss on him but it's pretty evident McCourty is a heaping pile of trash at cornerback.

Blunt, but basically true.

I guess we apportion no blame to a front seven who could only manage one TFL the entire night?

Granted, McCourty was up and down but I think there's plenty of blame to go around.

Don't forget that the "best quarterback in the league" just threw lobs down the sidelines for the last two gamewinning drives. McCourty had his chances and he didn't come through. I think he will though. How about Arrington tripping all over himself on a lob he should have picked. Flacco got lucky our corners played as bad as I have seen in a long time.

Saying "this loss is on McCourty" is about as useful as blaming Hernandez for being too injured to play.

He's wrong but I can see his argument.

There's always 100 things that fgo into every win and loss but McCourty's horrid performance was critical to costing us the game, time after time he screwed up bad.

"McCourty imploded"

Really? REALLY?! Apart from a missed tackle and a PI he had a great game! He was unlucky with that bogus holding call on Smith and for the most part he took his man out of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes