PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran:Loss all on McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
All is right with the world...great Pats offense for three quarters, but can't beat the pass-rush pressure in the end...no four-man pass rush success and the secondary getting torched with McCourty being the anti-ball hawk. The world has righted itself.

/self-loathing

Couldn't disagree more. McCourty played well all night. You can only ask your corners to cover deep so many times before bad things happen. The Patriots front four got no pressure b/c they were being held all night, and the corners were thrown off by the god-awful officiating. Maybe if McCourty isn't called for a ghost penalty he doesn't miss his jam on Jones at the end, I don't know. All I know is that game was a mess and it's hard to evaluate the defense.

Don't forget that the "best quarterback in the league" just threw lobs down the sidelines for the last two gamewinning drives.

And where is our Great Safety Ed Reed in all of this?:wha: Oh i forgot we have Patrick Chung.:snob:

Last edited:
I thought overall that McCourty had a good game.

...how many times did Flacco just lob it up down his sideline

...all GD night ....I personally don't disagree with Curran and while we are at it let's have some accountability....time to try different options...

And where is our Great Safety Ed Reed in all of this?:wha: Oh i forgot we have Patrick Chung.:snob:

Chung is a nonfactor. His only saleable skill appears to be flying into a pile and injuring himself. Blaming this all on McCourty is asinine.

Hyperbole sells ad space.

McCourty seemed to be fine until he got horribly interfered with in the end zone on Smith's second TD. I can't blame him for not knowing what to do after that.

Blaming this all on McCourty is asinine.

Especially when #24 was giving up completion after completion all night long.

I think McCourty played fairly well except for a few plays. He should have made the interception and he definately miss-played the deep ball on the final Ravens drive. He looked like Butler or Wilhite on that play, just grabbing the WR. I put the loss on the Offense not excuting in the 4th quarter, they haven't looked sharp in key situations.

Curran is the only analyst i listen to or watch in New England nuff said!:singing:

And it shows. Curran has been garbage ever since he left the PJ.

Arrington didn't exactly have a stellar night either

Same old secondary but even more,same old pass rush against good teams

I am hoping this is not another year where the team beats only the sisters of the poor and struggles against good teams and then finds themselves in the playoffs with trouble ahead.

When was the last time this team took control of a game and dominated a very good team with the game in hand by late 3rd quarter?.......anyone answer this?

Last edited:
Why is he is one-on-one most of the time? That's garbage. I think he needs to be demoted or run more zone on his side til he gets his confidence up, because he's not cutting it as a man-to-man corner covering the other team's No. 1.

There's always 100 things that fgo into every win and loss but McCourty's horrid performance was critical to costing us the game, time after time he screwed up bad.

Which times were these? Do you mean the pass to Smith when it was Gregory's responsibility? Or the pass to Smith when Arrington was in coverage? Or on the last drive the Pass to Smith when McCourty was called for PI even though McCourty never touched him? Or when Smith caught the TD after pushing off?

Yeah, McCourty had 1 dropped int. The other was a great play by Torrey Smith. And then, McCourty and Gregory both fubared the situation on Pitta's TD..

Beyond that, I saw Arrington with more issues than McCourty.

Arrington didn't exactly have a stellar night either

Same old secondary but even more,same old pass rush against good teams

I am hoping this is not another year where the team beats only the sisters of the poor and struggles against good teams and then finds themselves in the playoffs with trouble ahead.

When was the last time this team took control of a game and dominated a very good team with the game in hand by late 3rd quarter?.......anyone answer this?

Agree, even a pressure on a few plays could have helped so much. Flacco was just sitting back there, lobbing passes. Super rookie needs to step up. :rolleyes:

Just so frustrating watching the Patriots try to close out games. The secondary just gets lit up. And the last 2 offensive plays for the Pats, Brady can't even drop back two steps without pressure. I feel like we should now expect the Patriots to fold at the end of every game. I hope Bill can change things quick...

Last edited:
Which times were these? Do you mean the pass to Smith when it was Gregory's responsibility? Or the pass to Smith when Arrington was in coverage? Or on the last drive the Pass to Smith when McCourty was called for PI even though McCourty never touched him? Or when Smith caught the TD after pushing off?

Yeah, McCourty had 1 dropped int. The other was a great play by Torrey Smith. And then, McCourty and Gregory both fubared the situation on Pitta's TD..

Beyond that, I saw Arrington with more issues than McCourty.

Kyle Arrington > McStonehands nuff said!

Last edited:
Nobody should blame the loss on him. That said, he really sucked yesterday as did the rest of the secondary. No excuse for his dropped INT and being overmatched by Jacoby Jones in probably the biggest play of the game. No defending that performance. You could probably point to any starting CB in the league and say yeah he didn't look TOO bad other than 3 or 4 horrible plays.

He was good the first 2 games though in my eyes. Still not ready to give up on him.

McCourty was garbage in the second half. He basically acknowledged how bad he played, which reflects well on him, in terms of his character. He's not a starting caliber CB right now, because he can be beaten by the same 2 moves pretty much every time and he can't hold up in man coverage, and the Ravens used that last night.

Having said that, the loss was mostly on the officials, not McCourty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back