PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran:Loss all on McCourty

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did not matter. The refs had decided that the Raven were to win and that settled it. This was the most corrupt and incompetent officiating jobs I have ever seen.

Re: Devin McCourty = Suck

people who say he should be benched....FOR WHO!?!?

IDK, ask the McCourty haters. Personally, I think it is stupid to bench your best CB.

IDK, ask the McCourty haters. Personally, I think it is stupid to bench your best CB.

Rob to say McCourty is best Patriot CB is a REACH Kyle Arrington played better than him last year and also when it counted last night. If McCourty is our best CB we will be ranked 32 against the pass again. Rob i agree with you in some things but this time you are dead wrong.

McCourty was all over the map last night - good and bad. He had a phantom PI called on him that set the Ravens up for a TD (not the first phantom penalty on that drive). I will not put the loss on him - the refs played a bigger role than McCourty. Arrington played far worse than McCourty last night. The refs really screwed that game - if we had won, the Ravens' fans would have been pissed and just as rightly so. That should NEVER happen.

Rob to say McCourty is best Patriot CB is a REACH Kyle Arrington played better than him last year and also when it counted last night. If McCourty is our best CB we will be ranked 32 against the pass again. Rob i agree with you in some things but this time you are dead wrong.

Arrington was terrible last night. McCourty had the PI that stood out, but otherwise played OK.

While yes, McCourty made some very costing mistakes out there, we all have to remember, Torrey Smith was playing out of his mind last night. We all know (example Cassel in 08, Favre in 04) players who have suffered a tragic loss close to them have come back from those situations, and had the games of their lives. Let's keep in mind what Smith was playing for last night.

Last edited:

Arrington was terrible last night. McCourty had the PI that stood out, but otherwise played OK.

The End justify the means it's how you play at the end....OK ain't going to get it done...i would say Arrington played OK when it really counted.

The End justify the means it's how you play at the end....OK ain't going to get it done...i would say Arrington played OK when it really counted.

So Arrington getting beaten all night long, including the 4th quarter doesnt matter because you want to make the entire game about 1 penalty?
You need to stop thinking with your anger of entitlement and have some objectivity.

As far as McCourty goes, I'll have to look at something more closely going forward:

Are his problems mostly confined to when he's dealing with high end speed, or is it more a general dysfunction?

My feelings yesterday was that he looked very good when he kept the receiver in front of him but struggled badly when the receiver got behind him. I don't know whether that's something that is fixable or not.

That's pretty deranged.

No kidding.

Do we think maybe the lack of any pass rush had anything to do with the Ravens putting 31 on the board?

How about the obvious push off by Torrey Williams on the last Baltimore TD? I guess that non-call had nothing to do with it?

That was a tremendous football game and very complex to assess.

Curran is better than this. He usually has a nuanced view of the Patriots and understands how one phase of the game affects others. To blame one guy is utter laziness on his part.

While yes, McCourty made some very costing mistakes out there, we all have to remember, Torrey Smith was playing out of his mind last night. We all know (example Cassel in 08, Favre in 04) players who have suffered a tragic loss close to them have come back from those situations, and had the games of their lives. Let's keep in mind what Smith was playing for last night.

Smith didn't catch all of his passes, or even most of them on McCourty.

Don't forget that the "best quarterback in the league" just threw lobs down the sidelines for the last two gamewinning drives. McCourty had his chances and he didn't come through. I think he will though. How about Arrington tripping all over himself on a lob he should have picked. Flacco got lucky our corners played as bad as I have seen in a long time.

The problem is, is that McCourty sux all the time. Since his rookie year he has not been NFL CB material. I say it after EVERY game. Just MO.

McCourty was pretty solid the first 2 weeks of the season...lets not forget that he helped hold larry fitzgerald to one catch for 4 yards in week 2...the same guy who torched the eagles defense.

he played horribly last night, but how much of it I wonder was due to the officiating? he barely touched torry smith and was called for PI....when you arent allowed to be physical that changes alot of how you play.

add that to the fact we had NO pass rush due to the ravens being allowed to hold our pass rushers and Flacco had all day..im pretty sure wrapping your arm around Jones' neck isnt a legal play

No kidding.

Do we think maybe the lack of any pass rush had anything to do with the Ravens putting 31 on the board?

How about the obvious push off by Torrey Williams on the last Baltimore TD? I guess that non-call had nothing to do with it?

That was a tremendous football game and very complex to assess.

Curran is better than this. He usually has a nuanced view of the Patriots and understands how one phase of the game affects others. To blame one guy is utter laziness on his part.

The worst part was he took a guy being tough on himself as an opportunity to pretend the guy was saying he blows. Brady has made similar comments pretty much after every loss and Curran doesn't have the stones to write a hatchet job like this about Brady. I guess lying about his recovery from the injury met the quota of scumbag moves vs one player.

Smith didn't catch all of his passes, or even most of them on McCourty.

But he caught most of the key ones, and the PI call was when he was trying to cover Smith.

I suppose Jacoby Jones was in on several burner's as well.

My feelings yesterday was that he looked very good when he kept the receiver in front of him but struggled badly when the receiver got behind him. I don't know whether that's something that is fixable or not.

The problem, though, is that it's not just one area. He bites on what seems like 90% of the fakes he's given, he misses his jams at the line, he can't hold on to even the easiest of interceptions, he's supposed to be a good tackler, but he's out there last night playing matador, etc...

If it was just that he can't cover deep, I'd say that they just need to back him off the line a bit more. Unfortunately, there's more to his failures.

But he caught most of the key ones, and the PI call was when he was trying to cover Smith.

I suppose Jacoby Jones was in on several burner's as well.

No, not really, and the PI was not on Smith

He did have only 3 catches, but gained 86 yards.

Yeah, that's a few burners there.

Huh?
If you are talking about Jones, you do realize we don't play man to man, so you can't take a WRs stats and say that is what the corner gave up right?

Huh?
If you are talking about Jones, you do realize we don't play man to man, so you can't take a WRs stats and say that is what the corner gave up right?

I wasn't saying it was directly on one of the corner's I was just saying Jacoby Jones did burn our secondary in general on a few plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back