PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously Bill drafted some pretty good football players that made Crable's
potential of little value. You can't miss what you never had.

It's pretty bad when you get cut the DAY before training camp starts...time to go pack my autographed Crable rookie card away...goodbye early retirement...:bricks:

there's any number of reasons why they did that...perhaps Pioli grabs him up..the kid does have NFL talent and he's still young.I think this has more to do with this year's draft choices.

Icy, PJ did not flag or fail. He will post to the end. He will post on the seas and the oceans, and shall post with growing confidence and growing strength.

It was his finest post.

He will defend his posts, whatever the cost may be.

Another wasted early round draft pick. This guy should have been a solid contributer by now.

Icy, PJ did not flag or fail. He will post to the end. He will post on the seas and the oceans, and shall post with growing confidence and growing strength.

It was his finest post.

He's going to be knighted ... like Sir Nick Faldo?

Yes, players who are injrued twice or three times are wasted picks. The coaches should do much better in predicting who will be injured. Shame on them.

Another wasted early round draft pick. This guy should have been a solid contributer by now.

Maybe Crable and AD will go fishin' together ... Put their toes in the air and reminisce about their days playin' football.

It seems like the entire 2008 draft class is struggling right now - Dolphins lost their second round pick for the season and we all know how good Gholston is. It happens people. Anyone see Limas Sweed in Pittsburgh? He's like Crable but worse. And if I'm not mistaken the Colts second rounder lost his job to an arena league player last year.

I don't know why it should count the same in the minds of people when the draft was being viewed in a different light back then. In 2007, for example, people were talking about the Patriots being a deep team, and Belichick hated the draft pool (go take a good long look at that draft, and you'll end up agreeing with Belichick). In 2009, the depth was gone and the draft pool was better.

Also, if you count the wheeling and dealing, you add Welker and Moss to the 2007 draft, and that's pretty much game over.

Agreed 100%. It could certainly end up that BB has drafted better without Pioli, but a couple things people need to remember:

1) It is WAY too early to say what these players even are. We've seen good potential in a lot of them (Butler, Chung, Edelman, Vollmer, etc), but they still haven't developed into full time starters. And obviously, even if you love the 2010 draft like I do, until they have a real practice, everything is based on hope.

2) The team has way more opportunities for rookies now than it did when Pioli was drafting. Not only does this mean more rookies will be on the roster (and thus look like bigger successes), but I would guess it changes the draft philosophy. You can take more chances on high risk players, because if they fail you've got solid players in those slots anyway. Now it's more about getting guys who are more sure things, which raises your "success" rate.

Once BB is three years removed from his seventh or eighth season drafting without Pioli, then we'll have comparable bodies of work to evaluate. Right now it's like asking who was the better pick, Patrick Chung or James Sanders. Early indications might say Chung, but to this point Sanders is the better more solid player until we see Chung play more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back