PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Patriots re-sign Canadian QB Nathan Rourke

Zolak was right.

I live in Vancouver BC and my older brother follows the BC Lions who Rourke played for. He’s pretty happy he got a contract and asked me if there’s a chance he starts. Made me laugh. He wasn’t happy when I told him the chance of him starting is about 1%. He asked who’s the starter and I told him we got Brissett. After hearing that he’s even more confident Rourke will start!

Being optimistic, he reminds me of Kurt Warner because of his background and because he throws with accuracy and anticipation. Wouldn’t it be funny and kind of great if he ends up being our guy.

I live in Vancouver BC and my older brother follows the BC Lions who Rourke played for. He’s pretty happy he got a contract and asked me if there’s a chance he starts. Made me laugh. He wasn’t happy when I told him the chance of him starting is about 1%. He asked who’s the starter and I told him we got Brissett. After hearing that he’s even more confident Rourke will start!
I like it! As long as everyone is professional, a strong QB3 to raise the competition is a good thing. It is also important that Rourke start because I am not sure that Patsfans can handle another case of inside information from a close family member turning out to be wrong. :rofl:

Very happy for this guy. I interviewed him years ago and he was extremely polite and kind. Genuinely a good person from the little I interacted with him.

Big-time GB Pack fan. Loved Favre growing up and has AR highly regarded when it comes to passing the ball.

"The most important traits for a QB in my opinion are leadership, mental toughness/grit, and being coachable.
I am coachable and I have a true passion for the game/desire to get better. Playing QB is something I would do for free. The opportunity to play professionally would be a dream come true, and something I would not let go to waste."

Can you take me through your film study process from start to finish?

"Pre-snap progression starts with the safeties, then the box/ the backers, then the corners, then the front. When watching myself I look to see how well I execute my assignment on a given play. I look at the defense, see what coverage, blitz, front they are in. Then I look for my ball placement, mechanics, body language. Finally I watch the rest of the offense to see if I can keep my teammates accountable, knowing they are likely doing the same for me. When watching an opponent I watch for tendencies primarily. I see how their DC calls the game in certain situations, against different formations, with different personnel. I watch the defenses’ personnel groupings and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses. I also like seeing what the offense did, in case it worked and why."

Can you take me through your favorite route designs/concepts? And Why?

"I love rollout/boot plays, I am very comfortable on the run. My favourite route to throw is any out breaking route, a corner route, an out route, etc."
I am pulling for the kid.

So our QB room is now Brissett, Rourke, and Zappe?

Sounds like a formula for mediocrity!

Hopefully we get a top guy in the draft!

You're funny as heck your Brother too.:rofl:

Bring Hoyer back! :D

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back