PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mock Draft] Chargers send QB Justin Herbert to Patriots in mega trade

Lmao. Make this happen right this second. No time to waste.

I’d happily give them the #3 straight up for Hebert if they could swing it cap-wise.

He’s better than any rookie
Ssssshhhhhhhh! We want Hebert and the 5. And their 2 as well. I’ll try to think of some more, but right now that’s all I want for the greatest 3 pick in NFL history.

The idea of Justin Herbert netting a TWO SPOT swap in the draft is not just laughable, it’s borderline criminal. He’s a young top 10 quarterback, he would net at least 3 first round picks in a trade. Stupid season has become obnoxious season.

it would be a steal for us to get herbert with just the three.....we'd probably have to include the zapster.

I'm not really all that sold on Herbert, he is a good QB I agree with that, he was impressive in his 1st season. He's not exactly moving the needle for the Chargers recently.

Harbaugh would be fired instantly.
Yep. You would think that most guys that are given an NFL HC gig with a team that already has a solid and could even be better QB would be happy with that. Trading a known for an unknown, even if you coached him in college, would be highly inadvisable. But, stranger things have happened, although from what others are saying on here, Herbert's contract situation would be highly problematic.

I seriously doubt we trade out of number 3. I suspect maye is our qb of the future!

Delete this thread please. Its embarrassing

There are many sub .500 QBs with no playoff wins available for cheaper.

The idea of Justin Herbert netting a TWO SPOT swap in the draft is not just laughable, it’s borderline criminal. He’s a young top 10 quarterback, he would net at least 3 first round picks in a trade. Stupid season has become obnoxious season.

It’s insane, that’s true, but so were the CBS Mock Drafts that hsd the Patriots gving the Bears the 3rd pick for Justin Fields.

Yep. You would think that most guys that are given an NFL HC gig with a team that already has a solid and could even be better QB would be happy with that. Trading a known for an unknown, even if you coached him in college, would be highly inadvisable. But, stranger things have happened, although from what others are saying on here, Herbert's contract situation would be highly problematic.

The Patriots are one of the few teams that could handle his contract, but they ( the Chargers) would be crazy to make any deal even close to that. But setting this trade idea aside for the moment it does bring to mind the idea that we will likely see more young QB’s become available in coming years than we have in the past, as teams close in on the option years for their first round QB’s and decide they would rather roll the dice on a rookie QB contract than to pay 40-50 million a year for the young QB’s who are heading into years 4-5 with no notable playoff achievements to their credit. That may or may not be their fault, but we are likely to see it happen more often.

So here is what I would consider doing, if it’s true Harbough wants to unload Herbert’s contract. I would wait until Draft night and if Harbaugh has a boner for McCarthy offer to swap 3 for 5, and ask for their 37th pick as well, because if they are that desperate to unload the huge contract for Harbaug’s guy they could be dumb enough to bite. But I would still make the trade if they merely wanted to swap places 3-5. Then I would take Malik Nabers, WR LSU, Then I would trade 34 & 68 to move up into the 20’s for Guyton or Mims. The other options would be to trade out of 5, with Minnesota for 11, 23, and their 1st next year, and 3rd this year, take Ulumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn St. at 11, and Adonai Mitchell WR Texas at # 23, and then double dip at WR at 34 by taking Troy Franklin WR Oregon at # 34.

This is all premised upon Harbaugh desperately wanting to get rid of Herbert’s contract and being crazy enough to trade Hebert for McCarthy, which I seriously doubt would ever happen. But at least it spiced up the conversation at 3.

The Patriots are one of the few teams that could handle his contract, but they ( the Chargers) would be crazy to make any deal even close to that. But setting this trade idea aside for the moment it does bring to mind the idea that we will likely see more young QB’s become available in coming years than we have in the past, as teams close in on the option years for their first round QB’s and decide they would rather roll the dice on a rookie QB contract than to pay 40-50 million a year for the young QB’s who are heading into years 4-5 with no notable playoff achievements to their credit. That may or may not be their fault, but we are likely to see it happen more often.

So here is what I would consider doing, if it’s true Harbough wants to unload Herbert’s contract. I would wait until Draft night and if Harbaugh has a boner for McCarthy offer to swap 3 for 5, and ask for their 37th pick as well, because if they are that desperate to unload the huge contract for Harbaug’s guy they could be dumb enough to bite. But I would still make the trade if they merely wanted to swap places 3-5. Then I would take Malik Nabers, WR LSU, Then I would trade 34 & 68 to move up into the 20’s for Guyton or Mims. The other options would be to trade out of 5, with Minnesota for 11, 23, and their 1st next year, and 3rd this year, take Ulumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn St. at 11, and Adonai Mitchell WR Texas at # 23, and then double dip at WR at 34 by taking Troy Franklin WR Oregon at # 34.

This is all premised upon Harbaugh desperately wanting to get rid of Herbert’s contract and being crazy enough to trade Hebert for McCarthy, which I seriously doubt would ever happen. But at least it spiced up the conversation at 3.
I do like that scenario. It's difficult not to!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back