PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching Pats games with Roku

Hope this helps...

A Message From YouTube TV
A Message from YouTube TV.
Imagery provided by YouTube TV.
NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube & YouTube TV
NFL Sunday Ticket is only on YouTube and YouTube TV. This means you can watch your favorite team’s out-of-market Sunday afternoon games, even if you live nowhere near them. Because you shouldn’t have to change teams, even if you change towns.

Sign up now to save $50 off the full season price. You can bundle with YouTube TV for more live TV, or get it standalone.
Terms & embargoes apply. Offer ends 9/19. Commercial use excluded.

I'm on board. But I guess the question is whether or not @SammyBlueCat would be O.K. with the monthly YouTubeTV fee ($72.99) as they don't offer a plan to pay that up front. Otherwise, I don't know if we'd be able to raise the $875.88+$299 ahead of Sunday, which is what my only concern might be.
The first 3 Pats games are nationally televised.

I have $150 burning a hole in my pocket to pledge towards YTTV.

YouTube TV + sunday ticket. Out of region. Just quit DirectV. It's almost as expensive as Directv.

If I was in New England, I'd just buy rabbits ears for $20 and watch the old broadcast way since the rest of broadcast TV doesn't make sense in the age of streaming.

A simple way for out of towners to watch all of the games that are on CBS, if you have a Paramount plus subscription, is to watch it on Paramount plus while using an app to spoof your location settings to a town in Massachusetts, the Pats home viewing area.

A problem is that I think that the setup where CBS = mostly AFC games and Fox = mostly NFC games has changed to a more random split, this year.

A simple way for out of towners to watch all of the games that are on CBS, if you have a Paramount plus subscription, is to watch it on Paramount plus while using an app to spoof your location settings to a town in Massachusetts, the Pats home viewing area.

A problem is that I think that the setup where CBS = mostly AFC games and Fox = mostly NFC games has changed to a more random split, this year.
Yep. That's my preferred method.

I don't watch the games when they are played. A day or two later, I scan through the TV broadcast (on the internet), looking for what drew my interest during the game. On game day, I listen on the radio. I love sports on radio. My radio habit really firmed up back in the 70's when I used to listen to Bob Wilson do the Bruins games. He was the greatest. Where I was living at the time, there were no TV broadcasts of Bruins games. Nor of Pats' games! The local TV stations (New Hampshire/Vermont) carried Giants games, I think it was. So I listened to Pats games on radio, when I could get reception. I still miss the Gino Cappelletti/Gil Santos broadcasts. (I remember when Gino was a player. When I was a kid, I could only follow the Boston Patriots in the newspaper or in routine sports segments on the radio.) The new pairing is fine. Socci is absolutely 100% professional, and I get a kick out of Zolak's goofball fanboy schtick, though I wonder at times if he might have a brandy flask tucked away in his sports jacket. They're fine, as I say, but I still miss Gino and Gil. I miss Bob Wilson even more. I guess I'm just curious if anybody else still does the radio thing. I'm 76, which I suppose is probably relevant in all this, lol.

Here's ol' Bob.

iu

If the treatment costs are eating your lunch, we could put together a community fund for Sunday Ticket for you. That way, you can watch the Pats until the costs begin to ease and you can get back on your feet. @Ian, thoughts?

I'm on board. But I guess the question is whether or not @SammyBlueCat would be O.K. with the monthly YouTubeTV fee ($72.99) as they don't offer a plan to pay that up front. Otherwise, I don't know if we'd be able to raise the $875.88+$299 ahead of Sunday, which is what my only concern might be.
Thank you Kontradiction, Ian, and all Patsfans.
I am ok financially, I only have 2 more doses :)
I have been working through this yuk fest.
I should have been more clear - my question is about technology options. (There are now many)

You are very kind and gracious

Thank you Kontradiction, Ian, and all Patsfans.
I am ok financially, I only have 2 more doses :)
I have been working through this yuk fest.
I should have been more clear - my question is about technology options. (There are now many)

You are very kind and gracious
Good to hear, buddy. How are you feeling?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back