PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching Pats games with Roku

Hope this helps...

A Message From YouTube TV
A Message from YouTube TV.
Imagery provided by YouTube TV.
NFL Sunday Ticket on YouTube & YouTube TV
NFL Sunday Ticket is only on YouTube and YouTube TV. This means you can watch your favorite team’s out-of-market Sunday afternoon games, even if you live nowhere near them. Because you shouldn’t have to change teams, even if you change towns.

Sign up now to save $50 off the full season price. You can bundle with YouTube TV for more live TV, or get it standalone.
Terms & embargoes apply. Offer ends 9/19. Commercial use excluded.

I'm on board. But I guess the question is whether or not @SammyBlueCat would be O.K. with the monthly YouTubeTV fee ($72.99) as they don't offer a plan to pay that up front. Otherwise, I don't know if we'd be able to raise the $875.88+$299 ahead of Sunday, which is what my only concern might be.
The first 3 Pats games are nationally televised.

I have $150 burning a hole in my pocket to pledge towards YTTV.

YouTube TV + sunday ticket. Out of region. Just quit DirectV. It's almost as expensive as Directv.

If I was in New England, I'd just buy rabbits ears for $20 and watch the old broadcast way since the rest of broadcast TV doesn't make sense in the age of streaming.

A simple way for out of towners to watch all of the games that are on CBS, if you have a Paramount plus subscription, is to watch it on Paramount plus while using an app to spoof your location settings to a town in Massachusetts, the Pats home viewing area.

A problem is that I think that the setup where CBS = mostly AFC games and Fox = mostly NFC games has changed to a more random split, this year.

A simple way for out of towners to watch all of the games that are on CBS, if you have a Paramount plus subscription, is to watch it on Paramount plus while using an app to spoof your location settings to a town in Massachusetts, the Pats home viewing area.

A problem is that I think that the setup where CBS = mostly AFC games and Fox = mostly NFC games has changed to a more random split, this year.
Yep. That's my preferred method.

I don't watch the games when they are played. A day or two later, I scan through the TV broadcast (on the internet), looking for what drew my interest during the game. On game day, I listen on the radio. I love sports on radio. My radio habit really firmed up back in the 70's when I used to listen to Bob Wilson do the Bruins games. He was the greatest. Where I was living at the time, there were no TV broadcasts of Bruins games. Nor of Pats' games! The local TV stations (New Hampshire/Vermont) carried Giants games, I think it was. So I listened to Pats games on radio, when I could get reception. I still miss the Gino Cappelletti/Gil Santos broadcasts. (I remember when Gino was a player. When I was a kid, I could only follow the Boston Patriots in the newspaper or in routine sports segments on the radio.) The new pairing is fine. Socci is absolutely 100% professional, and I get a kick out of Zolak's goofball fanboy schtick, though I wonder at times if he might have a brandy flask tucked away in his sports jacket. They're fine, as I say, but I still miss Gino and Gil. I miss Bob Wilson even more. I guess I'm just curious if anybody else still does the radio thing. I'm 76, which I suppose is probably relevant in all this, lol.

Here's ol' Bob.

iu

If the treatment costs are eating your lunch, we could put together a community fund for Sunday Ticket for you. That way, you can watch the Pats until the costs begin to ease and you can get back on your feet. @Ian, thoughts?

I'm on board. But I guess the question is whether or not @SammyBlueCat would be O.K. with the monthly YouTubeTV fee ($72.99) as they don't offer a plan to pay that up front. Otherwise, I don't know if we'd be able to raise the $875.88+$299 ahead of Sunday, which is what my only concern might be.
Thank you Kontradiction, Ian, and all Patsfans.
I am ok financially, I only have 2 more doses :)
I have been working through this yuk fest.
I should have been more clear - my question is about technology options. (There are now many)

You are very kind and gracious

Thank you Kontradiction, Ian, and all Patsfans.
I am ok financially, I only have 2 more doses :)
I have been working through this yuk fest.
I should have been more clear - my question is about technology options. (There are now many)

You are very kind and gracious
Good to hear, buddy. How are you feeling?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back