PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watching Pats games with Roku

I cut that cord three years ago, we have Roku devices, we started off on YouTube TV but they didn‘t and still don’t offer NESN so switched to FUBO TV. We pay $90.00 a month, it has all the local Boston channels, the channels it doesn’t offer are any of the Ted Turner channels.

Try a free trial subscription to the different streaming networks to see which one you like best.
Last I checked fubo doesn’t have tnt, which is an issue for some national Celtics games… I have youtubetv as well but I get fubo just for Red Sox. Brutal

I don't screw around with illegal streams. The NFL and Google are getting more serious about cracking down on those streams. I have read rumors about retroactive settlement payments being made. They want their money (shrugs).
I can't imagine they'd ever go after a viewer like me or you though. They'd go after the person who uploads the games, or restaurants who use illegal streams. But sure if the monthly amounts are nothing for you, then just pay for the legit services.

I use Nord VPN $4.00/ month and then use streams ...

My family has had Sunday ticket since we moved out of New England in 2003. I originally had direct tv just for the ticket. I was happy to cancel that and switched to YTTV a few months ago. Bought Sunday ticket for 100 bucks off back in like June.

Last edited:
I can't imagine they'd ever go after a viewer like me or you though. They'd go after the person who uploads the games, or restaurants who use illegal streams. But sure if the monthly amounts are nothing for you, then just pay for the legit services.

Yeah, that is where I am at... $25/month and I have zero hassle watching the Patriots on any device...except for friggin' pre-season.

I agree that they won't go after a single streamer, but I have read that the NFL and Google are going to get serious about it (shrugs).

My daughter lives in Charlottesville and has a business there. She,her husband and my granddaughter are all big UVA fans. I've been down a few times. Seems like a nice area.
That's too cool. I'd be curious what her business is.

I work at Bodo's Bagels on Preston Ave, a hop/skip from the Downtown Mall.

It's a rather affluent college town. The UVA Greek scene isn't really my thing, but the students generally seem like nice people and it's a very nice area, as you said.

That's too cool. I'd be curious what her business is.

I work at Bodo's Bagels on Preston Ave, a hop/skip from the Downtown Mall.

It's a rather affluent college town. The UVA Greek scene isn't really my thing, but the students generally seem like nice people and it's a very nice area, as you said.

She owns a jewelry store in Charlottesville. She moved down there about 18 years ago. Her husband and his family are from there originally. I think I remember her mentioning Bodo's Bagels before. I'll ask her about it next time I talk to her.

I honestly do not know what to do :(

I honestly do not know what to do :(
If the treatment costs are eating your lunch, we could put together a community fund for Sunday Ticket for you. That way, you can watch the Pats until the costs begin to ease and you can get back on your feet. @Ian, thoughts?

If the treatment costs are eating your lunch, we could put together a community fund for Sunday Ticket for you. That way, you can watch the Pats until the costs begin to ease and you can get back on your feet. @Ian, thoughts?
Sorry, @SammyBlueCat. I should have asked if that’s something that you even want/need. I’ll be happy to throw in, if so.

I'm on board. But I guess the question is whether or not @SammyBlueCat would be O.K. with the monthly YouTubeTV fee ($72.99) as they don't offer a plan to pay that up front. Otherwise, I don't know if we'd be able to raise the $875.88+$299 ahead of Sunday, which is what my only concern might be.

With the Patriots starting on the 10th, and the super bowl being on the 11th, I have quite the dilemma again for the big game.

Pay $70.00 for one night of content to eat/drink like a fat slob in the comfort of my own home... Or behave in front of Mom and Dad.

Same thing happened last year. YouTube TV subscription expired the day before.

the-goon-dodgeball.gif

Reactions: Ian
Last I checked fubo doesn’t have tnt, which is an issue for some national Celtics games… I have youtubetv as well but I get fubo just for Red Sox. Brutal
Correct they do not have any Ted Turner stations which are TNT, TBS, True TV and CNN. So right before March Madness I will sign up for another service and cancel after the tournament.

Sorry, @SammyBlueCat. I should have asked if that’s something that you even want/need. I’ll be happy to throw in, if so.
I'm guessing we could probably get enough people for the $299+$72.99 (the first month) potentially in time, but I'd want to clear that with him before we even attempt it. But I'm down to set something up to help out. Just obviously reply here or PM me.

I'm guessing we could probably get enough people for the $299+$72.99 (the first month) potentially in time, but I'd want to clear that with him before we even attempt it. But I'm down to set something up to help out. Just obviously reply here or PM me.
You can sign up for Sunday Ticket on regular, old YouTube, I believe. Either way, I’m in. If Sammy is cool with the idea, and you want to facilitate it, get his Venmo, Zelle, or PayPal. Or we can set up a GoFundMe or something like that, but I’ve never needed to use it and do not know how quickly they can pay out.

You can sign up for Sunday Ticket on regular, old YouTube. Can you. Either way, I’m in. If Sammy is cool with the idea, and you want to facilitate it, get his Venmo, Zelle, or PayPal. Or we can set up a GoFundMe or something like that, but I’ve never needed to use it and do not know how quickly they can pay out.
I think it's got to be done on YouTube TV, doesn't it? I don't think they let you do it without that subscription. As for the donations, absolutely, if he's got Venmo, that's cool. Or I can set something up. Again, once @SammyBlueCat let's us know if he's cool with it, I'm obviously happy to help out. But that $72.99 seems to be a requirement, as far as I can see.

I think it's got to be done on YouTube TV, doesn't it? I don't think they let you do it without that subscription. As for the donations, absolutely, if he's got Venmo, that's cool. Or I can set something up. Again, once @SammyBlueCat let's us know if he's cool with it, I'm obviously happy to help out. But that $72.99 seems to be a requirement, as far as I can see.
Ah. That stinks. But YouTube TV is a great TV streaming service, @SammyBlueCat. I’ve been using them for 3 years after trying Hulu and other live streaming platforms, and I’ve been very happy with YTTV. Would definitely recommend it if you don’t have it already.

Ah. That stinks. But YouTube TV is a great TV streaming service, @SammyBlueCat. I’ve been using them for 3 years after trying Hulu and other live streaming platforms, and I’ve been very happy with YTTV. Would definitely recommend it if you don’t have it already.
We've used it as well, and it's very user-friendly. Guide is simple, no lag, and it's crystal clear. Not to mention, it's still way cheaper than any other cable service, especially if you have a Roku, since they're a one-time cost and you don't have to pay any ridiculous equipment fees that many cable companies charge.

We have a Roku in the living room and bedroom, and they're great. They're only like $49-$69 at Target/Amazon and you can run any app with it (YouTube, Hulu, Paramount, etc.) and it's way quicker than the built-in apps in most TVs. That, and the remote is super simple. Highly recommend it.

Lastly, @SammyBlueCat , I was looking again and I don't think YouTube requires you to subscribe beyond the season. So you could essentially pause it in February until next September, if that helps.

Didn’t realize you live in VA. What part? I live 20-25 minutes west of Charlottesville.

Pass through NOVA on occasion en route to Maryland to see family.

Small world.
Yeah the Army dropped me off here. Been in VA since 2001. Got out and bought a house in the Fredericksburg area in 2004.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back