PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Crable cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised... but what the hell is actually wrong with him? At this point, that's the most frustrating thing. Why is he never fit or is that even it?

Good bye guess we can say we didn't miss anything..?

Rarely has so much been said about someone who has done so little.

It's still a mistry what he did not do.
Hope he can catch on with another team. Maybe we will hear from him again.
Not surprised... but what the hell is actually wrong with him? At this point, that's the most frustrating thing. Why is he never fit or is that even it?

he will sign with the jets. revens. bills. or fish and make the team i don't know why i just feel it

That will be something. Hopefully he does not put the hurt on his UM alum Brady.

Another pre-season All-Pro has gone down. Michael Bishop and now Crable! Or is it Crabel?

I guess I won't have to worry about spelling his name right anymore. :rolleyes:

In the past 2 seasons, the Patriots have been picking higher in the draft and have had 24 picks, 13 of which were in the 4th round or below.

In the 3 seasons prior, the Patriots had a total of 26 picks, 18 of which were 4th round or below..

An average of 50% more picks, taken in higher rounds and at higher slots, should net better results.

But isn't the heavy wheeling and dealing that netted them such a plethora of picks this year part of the drafting process? Shouldn't that count?

Regardless, let's compare apples to apples and only look at players drafted in the 4th and below. In 2006-8 the Patriots drafted 18 players in those rounds. Only 2 of the 18 were still on the roster last year. In 2009, they drafted 6 players in those rounds. At least 4 of the 6 should be on the roster this year. Sure looks like improvement.

Another pre-season All-Pro has gone down. Michael Bishop and now Crable! Or is it Crabel?

I guess I won't have to worry about spelling his name right anymore. :rolleyes:

Ha! the proper spelling is W-O-R-T-H-L-E-S-S!

(don't forget the exclamation point as it's part of the spelling.)

Old hookers have jowls PJ ...

want a mulligan on that one. :confused2:

So do old geezers.
jowls_1.jpg

Old hookers have jowls PJ ...

want a mulligan on that one. :confused2:

Icy, PJ did not flag or fail. He will post to the end. He will post on the seas and the oceans, and shall post with growing confidence and growing strength.

It was his finest post.

Icy, PJ did not flag or fail. He will post to the end. He will post on the seas and the oceans, and shall post with growing confidence and growing strength.

It was his finest post.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

Thank GOD. Now this forum can shut the hell up about him. He sucks, end of story.

It must be strange to be him, a professional athlete who spends years without playing or even practicing. Despite the money he's made, I don't think I'd trade places and spend 2 1/2 years of my 20's in suspended animation.

A few of us wish we could have done that with Matt Cassel after 2008, though. You know, put him in carbonite and then unfreeze him when TFB retires. ;)

But isn't the heavy wheeling and dealing that netted them such a plethora of picks this year part of the drafting process? Shouldn't that count?

Regardless, let's compare apples to apples and only look at players drafted in the 4th and below. In 2006-8 the Patriots drafted 18 players in those rounds. Only 2 of the 18 were still on the roster last year. In 2009, they drafted 6 players in those rounds. At least 4 of the 6 should be on the roster this year. Sure looks like improvement.

I don't know why it should count the same in the minds of people when the draft was being viewed in a different light back then. In 2007, for example, people were talking about the Patriots being a deep team, and Belichick hated the draft pool (go take a good long look at that draft, and you'll end up agreeing with Belichick). In 2009, the depth was gone and the draft pool was better.

Also, if you count the wheeling and dealing, you add Welker and Moss to the 2007 draft, and that's pretty much game over.

Last edited:
Stunning news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back