PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clint has a message for the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey "RealityCheck52" the Ravens looked a bit slow against the Texans and their 3rd string rookie "throw it up for grabs" QB. Flacco looked even slower when he was sacked 5x...

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six touchdowns or only five?' To tell you the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a 12 Brady, the most powerful quarterback in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you have to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?...Well? Do ya, punk?

Well played:rocker:

I'm sorry guys.. I just don't see a 31st ranked defence winnng an AFC Championshp.. much less a Superbowl.

I don't care who your QB is.

Drew Brees and Aaron Rogers are pretty damn good too..

They got their reality check.

Yours is on its way.

Maybe Next Year.. Brady ain't going anywhere and your offense is relatively young.

And I don't see a team led by Joe Flacco winning an AFC Championship, much less a superbowl. Has his menstrual cycle stopped yet? Is he always this whiny or is it just when the spotlight is on him? Either way, he has a losers mentality. Enjoy the glory of the playoff win two years ago because your run ends here.

Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Did he fire six touchdowns or only five?' To tell you the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a 12 Brady, the most powerful quarterback in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you have to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky?...Well? Do ya, punk?

Great stuff :D

Actually, if you believe in the law of averages, an elite offense (Patriots) is due to beat an elite defense (Ravens). I can't remember if it was CHFF, FO, or some other site; but if you look at playoff matchups over the years, a top offense vs a top defense is about 50/50.

Mathematically, that's not how the "law of averages" works.

Mathematically, that's not how the "law of averages" works.

Obviously, you're very intelligent. As a result, you should be able to explain to me how, as a mathematical theorem, the Law of Averages works. While you're at it, give me a scientific explanation of karma.

I'm sorry guys.. I just don't see a 31st ranked defence winnng an AFC Championshp.. much less a Superbowl.

Yours is on its way.

Maybe Next Year.. Brady ain't going anywhere and your offense is relatively young.

Do the Giants and their 27th ranked defense also have no shot? If they do have a chance, where exactly is the cutoff line; 28th ranked? Maybe 29th or even 30th? Please help me out on this ...

I'm not sure if you're serious, seriously uninformed about the game of football, just hoping as a fan that stat might actually mean something useful, or are simply trolling. I really thought the obviously gaping holes in evaluating teams (defenses in particular) by yardage ranking had been pretty much bludgeoned to death by now, but apparently not; let's try a Cliff notes version.

• Games are won and lost by points scored, not yards gained or allowed
  • A defense that forces a turnover is likely to go back on defense again soon, resulting in the probability of even more yards allowed.
  • Turnovers and red zone efficiency are far more important than yardage and time of possession.
  • How did the 2009 Saints do?
  • How did the 2006 Colts do?

In the most important (really only important) stat - points allowed - the Patriots defense ranks 15th. Middle of the pack. Similar to where Baltimore's offense ranks (12th).

Would you make the same statement if the Patriots defense ranked 15th in yards allowed?

The talking heads on tv repeat that stat because it makes for a good sound bite and gets people's attention, which in turn helps their ratings. But in reality there's no correlation between defensive yardage stats and winning football.

Of the top ten teams in defensive yardage rankings, five made the playoffs and five did not. Of the bottom five teams in defensive yardage rankings (drum roll please) ... yep, you got it: five made the playoffs and five did not. Wow, I can definitely see a correlation between defensive yardage rankings and winning football there. :rolleyes:

The last point (the offense is too young) is as off base as me saying the entire Ravens defense is old and slow because it includes Ray Lewis.

I'm sorry, Ratbirds troll. I just don't see an erratic, mentally fragile quarterback like Flacco taking advantage of even the league's 31st-ranked defense in a high-stakes championship game, much less the Super Bowl. I don't care who your running back is. DeMarco Murray, LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles are pretty damn good too.

They got their reality check. Yours is on its way.
I'd like to say maybe next year for you, but I don't see that either. Your defense will be taking a step back next year and beyond.

LMAO-I considered starting a thread about what Bruschi called Flacco but decided against it. For those who missed it on Thursdays NFL 32 Bruschi called Brady The GODFATHER of NFL quarterbacks, and said he was Micheal Corleone to Flacco's Fredo, and then mimicked Flacco whining "i'm smart to Micheal, I'm smart too......"

It was really funny and we all know how well things worked out for Fredo.

Around 6:30 Sunday night it is going to be time for Fredo to go fishing.

Last time I checked, the game was won on the scoreboard where the Patriots defence ranked 15th during the season.

Patriots defence forced more turnovers than the Ravens defence did. Where does that rank in the whole Patriots are 31st, Ravens are 3rd in the league ranking?

Last edited:
Are the Pats going to win Clint?

tumblr_lc738lDRh31qe0eclo1_r1_500.gif

One more points about yards allowed. The Pats had one of the highest Point differentials in the league, so frequently they were playing with a big lead and were trading yards for time off the clock distorting that figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
One more points about yards allowed. The PAs had one of the highest Point differentials in the league, so frequently they were playing with a big lead and were trading yards for time off the clock distorting that figure.

While that is true, the eye test for most of the season made it look like the Pats D was putting that strategy into effect from the opening kick-off. Maybe it was their version of running the "Four Corners" but I digress.

To me, Clint is a bit outdated…in the spirit of kicking some B'More arse:

"You come at the King (TB), you best not miss."

Attachments

• omar.jpg
    omar.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 90

Attachments

• Tim_Tebow_20071223.jpg
    Tim_Tebow_20071223.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 76
To me, Clint is a bit outdated…in the spirit of kicking some B'More arse: "You come at the King (TB), you best not miss."

Never heard of this clown to whom you refer. Like John Wayne, Chuck Norris and Tedy Bruschi, Clint is a timeless folk icon. Don't f*ck with Clint.

Yours is on its way.

Most of the bad games on D were in the first half of the season. They have improved a lot on D over the last month or so.

Never heard of this clown to whom you refer. Like John Wayne, Chuck Norris and Tedy Bruschi, Clint is a timeless folk icon. Don't f*ck with Clint.

You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't pull the mask off the Ol' Lone Ranger...And, you don't mess around with Clint.

Attachments

• clint.jpg
    clint.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 65

Attachments

• goofy.jpg
    goofy.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

You don't tug on Superman's cape, you don't spit in the wind, you don't pull the mask off the Ol' Lone Ranger...And, you don't mess around with Clint.

You got me…Omar is a homosexual Robin Hood of The 'Hood.
Clint is well…CLINT!

Obviously, you're very intelligent. As a result, you should be able to explain to me how, as a mathematical theorem, the Law of Averages works. While you're at it, give me a scientific explanation of karma.

Obviously, your request was not sincere.

So I'll just tell you to look it up.

But I'll give you one sincere hint -- it's really called the "Law of Large Numbers".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft