PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much longer will you drink the BB kool-aid?

I don't care what someone called "Joker" - or anyone else - on an internet forum says. I'm not someone like you, bidbrain, sorry, birdboy, who apparently has a catalog of what every poster (or is it only me - am i in your head that much?) says. This is an anonymous internet forum. It is a place to air opinions, facts, and to engage in back and forth. Some people resort to name calling - in most cases a sign of lack of intelligence and a losing argument - but most do not obsess about people on an internet forum.
As to the point you made, the duplicitous pond scum coach at one patriot place has a LOSING RECORD since Brady left. This has been my point all along - also that his 6-22 record record is an embarrassment of Rich Kotite proportions vs quarterbacks who don't effing suck or are rookies. His "winning" 10-8 record in 2020 is sandwiched by two, COUNT EM TWO BIRDMAN, LOSING seasons. I don't care what the duplicitous pond scum coach did while he had Brady. That's over. We have had three very subpar seasons since #12 left. There's no denying this, unless you have parrot feathers between your ears. The "winning" 2021 season culminated in the most embarrassing playoff loss in club history, so no, that season was not up to "par".
Did you miss the Bears Pats Super Bowl?

Lol, we agree on that ;)

I agree with Tune - we sort of have to see how this year goes to figure out just how much 2022 was an anomaly, or if they've hit a ceiling and can't break out of it. Obviously, he's going to be scrutinized quite a bit this season, as will Mac depending on how it plays out. As I've said in the past, people who aren't happy sort of get the best of both worlds because both are under as much pressure as I ever recall Bill being under, with Mac clearly playing for his own future. Should be interesting, provided nothing else bonkers happens before the draft. :rolleyes:
He is certainly going to get this year and will probably get as long as he wants. I don’t think RK has it in him to let brady walk and then fire the guy he chose over him a few years later. That’s a different topic in itself.

I don’t think this team has a ceiling high enough to be contenders any time soon, regardless of coach. And part of my belief in that is because we’ve never seen BB coach a contender without Brady. I’m ready to see the next iteration of the patriots. If that’s Mayo, then I like the younger option more in tune with this generation

I honestly don’t think he deserves to just muddy his way to Shulas record if it’s a struggle to get there. I don’t think transitioning will be easy, it’s also not easy with him coaching currently. He’s made a million decisions that weren’t easy in his career, sometimes they’re necessary
LOL, you say that, but Shula didn't steamroll his way to the end and walk away gracefully. His last year, Marino was basically done and they limped into the playoffs at 9-7 and got blown out against Buffalo.

The highlights were crazy:

Hopefully Bill will go out a little better when the time does finally come ;)

LOL, you say that, but Shula didn't steamroll his way to the end and walk away gracefully. His last year, Marino was basically done and they limped into the playoffs at 9-7 and got blown out against Buffalo.

The highlights were crazy:

Nobody does, especially at that age. Not many coaches in their 70s succeed, let alone ones trying to rebuild a franchise

I’d say he was grossly outcoached against Chicago, no? The way he handled the qb situation, again was pretty much a joke. And that’s really not what I was referring to when I said he was mediocre. They’re 25-26 since 2020. That is the definition of mediocre, I get there ma different circumstances and such, but again…when did we start excusing things? I don’t really see why people just slide by and accept the offensive hiring last year: that alone, would have gotten any other coach fired. That was an abuse of power if we are being honest
Every team has to rebuild eventually, a lot of then win a super bowl and then are 4-13 two seasons later. The fact that he's kept that around 500 for 3 years in a rebuild shows you something. Yes, this will be a telling year for both BB and Mac, but show me a hall of fame coach that didn't have any down years in their career with or without a great QB.

Reactions: Ian
He is certainly going to get this year and will probably get as long as he wants. I don’t think RK has it in him to let brady walk and then fire the guy he chose over him a few years later. That’s a different topic in itself.

I don’t think this team has a ceiling high enough to be contenders any time soon, regardless of coach. And part of my belief in that is because we’ve never seen BB coach a contender without Brady.
Wait and see how the draft goes. If last year was any indication, I like their chances.
I’m ready to see the next iteration of the patriots. If that’s Mayo, then I like the younger option more in tune with this generation
Again - see above. I think if they can keep adding youth and speed - and now that they have a competent coordinator - you might still be able to enjoy these next couple of seasons. ;)

Every team has to rebuild eventually, a lot of then win a super bowl and then are 4-13 two seasons later. The fact that he's kept that around 500 for 3 years in a rebuild shows you something. Yes, this will be a telling year for both BB and Mac, but show me a hall of fame coach that didn't have any down years in their career with or without a great QB.
I still think he’s a really good coach. But as Bill would say, it’s better to be a year early then a year late

This clownish nonsense barely merits a response. You regularly crapped on Brady in 2019 and often prior to that. I recall it well even if you don't because you were one of the few who did.

You're just a hater constantly running everyone/everything Patriots into the ground. That is not "passion." A passionate fan doesn't go all negative when his team inevitably falters but that is your M.O., even when times are good. This doesn't imply the rest of us WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON are happy with losing, not by a long shot. Yes, it's possible to balance well-reasoned criticism with rooting for the team to do well during rough spells.

From what you describe you are, at best, a fair weather fan and at worst a hater who compulsively lashes out at what he doesn't understand.

This is patsfans.com.
so you're not a Boston sports fan? carpetbagger are we?

The thing is that Bill can't win without an elite QB. He thinks he could have won championships with just any JAG but I think most of us can now admit that wasn't the case. Without Brady, Bill does not win 6 championships, I don't even know if he'd have 1 championship.

Just to give an example of a great head coach who won multiple championships with different QBs, just take a look at Bill Walsh. Yes he was a football genius of his time, much like Bill now, but he also had the great fortune to have first Joe Montana and then Steve Young.

If BB wants to return to championship form, he needs to find his version of Steve Young.

The thing is that Bill can't win without an elite QB. He thinks he could have won championships with just any JAG but I think most of us can now admit that wasn't the case.
Bill told you this?
Without Brady, Bill does not win 6 championships, I don't even know if he'd have 1 championship.
In 2001 Brady was not elite.
Just to give an example of a great head coach who won multiple championships with different QBs, just take a look at Bill Walsh. Yes he was a football genius of his time, much like Bill now, but he also had the great fortune to have first Joe Montana and then Steve Young.
Walsh never won a SB with Steve Young. Siefert did w Young 5 years after Walsh retired.

You could use Joe Gibbs but that was before the salary cap era.
If BB wants to return to championship form, he needs to find his version of Steve Young.
Agree.

so you're not a Boston sports fan? carpetbagger are we?

After being exposed as a crank fraud THIS is what you come up with? You should have just shut up and let it be. FYI: I'm in my 29th year as a Patriots season ticket holder and my parrot knows more about football than you. He even knows what "carpetbagger" means, which you obviously don't (we shared a good laugh at that one, thanks).

Sure, we like the Celts and Bruins, attend games occasionally and generally couldn't give a rat's ass about the Bankofamericasox. Advent of the pitch clock might help the latter, though. We'll see.

Best of luck seeking remedial assistance. Here's hoping last Saturday wasn't too traumatic for.you. ;)

Last edited:
The thing is that Bill can't win without an elite QB. He thinks he could have won championships with just any JAG but I think most of us can now admit that wasn't the case.
He won games with Matt Cassel, JimmyG and Mac in 2021. He doesn’t need Brady, he can win games with just “good” QB play.
Without Brady, Bill does not win 6 championships, I don't even know if he'd have 1 championship.
Without BB Brady doesn’t win 6 championships. If Brady is drafted by a dog like Arizona his career is probably over before it starts and he’s selling insurance in Pomona.

He was a 211 pound rookie who couldn’t run entering a league in 2000 that still allowed defenders to slaughter QB’s. Behind the worst offensive line in the league he wouldn’t have lasted long… regardless of those here who were 12 years old when he entered the league and think he possessed magic powers.
Joe Gibbs not only won three rings with three different QB’s, but all three were journeymen QB’s who nobody else wanted and who nobody thought were good enough to win.

Bill Parcells won with Phil Simms and Jeff Hostetler, the second of whom again was considered not good enough to win. Nick Foles, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer… you don’t need “elite” to win… good is enough if the team is great.
Steve Young was considered a “bust” after Tampa Bay, nobody wanted him. People can’t remember history so they warp it to fit their imagination of how they think it went.

Last edited:
Wait and see how the draft goes. If last year was any indication, I like their chances.
Really?
Other than the Jones'........
Picks 1 & 2 did not pass the eye test in '22 and I'm not sure coaching changes are going to fortify either's physical limitations.

I am very curious to find out if NE gives 'zone blocking' another go this training camp. No doubt BB felt Strange's athleticism was ideal for the new scheme. Unfortunately, his Shawn Crable legs were not stout enough to anchor in pass protection. Here's hoping Cole has been camped out at the squat rack.

And Thornton is a we'll see. Too many memories of DBs blowing him up as if Thornton was bouncing backwards off brick walls. Like a fly getting swatted. Maybe BOB will be less inclined than last year's Friends & Family Offensive consultants to deploy Thornton over the middle.
PS....still waiting to see if Thornton's Underwear Olympics combine speed translates onto the field in pads.

This coming season will be telltale re. the GOAT coach's "expiration date."
Exactly. If there is a third year of decline, the precedent was set by RK during the Carroll era that the HC likely would be facing dismissal. That said, who's the Parcells type high resume coach out there to replace him were that to occur? That is a serious question because I'm not sure there is any established, proven Super Bowl level coaches that are not fully entrenched around.

That leaves either one of the more "retread" types or going the "college name" route which is more akin to the draft then free agency in parallel - meaning the bust rate on college to pro is much higher.

That isn't an argument to keep BB if the Pats do have a third straight down year - if they win say 6-8 games again I also believe its time to move on - but that's without the blinders of "it will be way better!" because odds are it may in fact be worse.

What odds are you referring to?
Older reference, but likely statistically relevant as a sample:

I suspected, but don't have my own data, that winning percentage over replaced coach - especially EARLY in a tenure - is almost always lower. Reasons include likely heavy player replacement (wanting 'your' guys), cap issues in doing so, familiarity decline leading to more mistakes as a new system is put in, new scouting and drafting infrastructure, etc.

After being exposed as a crank fraud THIS is what you come up with? You should have just shut up and left it be. FYI: I'm in my 29th year as a Patriots season ticket holder and my parrot knows more about football than you. He even knows what "carpetbagger" means, which you obviously don't (we shared a good laugh at that one, thanks).

Sure, we like the Celts and Bruins, attend games occasionally and generally couldn't give a rat's ass about the Bankofamericasox. Advent of the pitch clock might help the latter, though. We'll see.

Best of luck seeking remedial assistance. Here's hoping last Saturday wasn't too traumatic for.you. ;)
Shaking My Head GIF by Grammarly.com

I think both sides are a bit extreme in their takes. Belichick isn't as bad as some think and without him we probably win 3 or 4 games last season. With that said, its still possible to be a good coach and for your culture to no longer work enough to win superbowls. If we win less than 8 games next season then its probably time to move on. It doesnt mean he wasn't the goat coach. It just means that we can no longer win with him. It happens to the best.

I disagree that without him we would have won 3-4 games last season. He cost us more games than he won. He is the reason the Patriots offense was the most poorly managed offense in possibly league history. Belichick cost the Patriots probably 2-3 games last year.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back