PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Clark Judge:One more thing not to forget, New England: Torrey Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smiths issue has always been press coverage.

Struggles when he's rough up

He lives and dies by being able to outrun coverage. I have faith that Dennard and Talib can keep up, and even if they can't having McCourty roaming deep should help contain him. I have a hard time seeing him having a big day.

What a disappointing story - If that was posted here it would have been laughed at and a the poster would have been accused of being a Ravens' fan trolling the board. No one with any football intelligence try and extrapolate what the Ravens did against last year's defense with this one, nor would they try and compare what happened in game 3 this year. The ENTIRE secondary is now different and the Ravens' victory in game 3 has little value as many of the players in that game will be different. All those things obvious factoids fail to be mentioned in his lazy and poorly written and thought out article.

Thinking that the Ravens will have a good shot at beating the Pats is NOT the problem here. There is enough REAL evidence with which to make such a case. However what is criminal is that Clark Judge is a highly paid writer who stole his employer's money by writing a story that would be treated as sophomoric by knowledgeable fans anywhere, not just here.

On the first drive, TB missed a WIDE OPEN Gronk on a seam route for a sure TD.

Same thing in Q2 with AHern.

That's 8 extra points under a standard TB performance.

This is what kills me about the Manning vs Brady discussions. Manning fans will rationalize away pick sixes and overtime interceptions as not his fault. Brady fans equate every missed open receiver as an outright failure and evidence of his shortcomings. He is held to a ridiculous standard.

Only once have I ever seen a QB hit on 100% of his throws in a game and that was TB in 2007 against Jacksonville. Otherwise, ever other QB in every other game will throw bad passes, miss receivers and make bad decision. No other player is held to this standard of perfection that is expected of him.

This is what kills me about the Manning vs Brady discussions. Manning fans will rationalize away pick sixes and overtime interceptions as not his fault. Brady fans equate every missed open receiver as an outright failure and evidence of his shortcomings. He is held to a ridiculous standard.

Only once have I ever seen a QB hit on 100% of his throws in a game and that was TB in 2007 against Jacksonville. Otherwise, ever other QB in every other game will throw bad passes, miss receivers and make bad decision. No other player is held to this standard of perfection that is expected of him.
Yes. 26/28 and the two incompletions went through Watson's and Welker's hands, respectively.

Seriously.. Articles like his are so stupid. Yeah, the Pats are going to forget about the guy who torched them for 2 TDs this year.. Judge is such a tool...:rolleyes:

are we sure torrey smith actually had a brother that died? After this Manti stuff i think someone should look into it.

seriously ???

that's some pretty poor thoughts you got going there

As long as all of Torrey's siblings stay safe, I'm good.

I think this is a bit of an overreaction. A poster claimed that Brady only made one mistake and blamed playcalling, I pointed out that he had a horrible day throwing deep and doubted that that was all playcalling, and then the post you quoted pointed out specific cases that Brady missed on the deep ball. No one is claiming anything beyond that, nor are they labeling it as some kind of shortcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes