PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

@Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I was at the Washington game and the only reason DC won by 3 points is because Chicago had 6 turnovers in one half. Do you think that is going to happen again? Do you?

Who cares if you were at the game. It has no bearing on anything.

The fact remains that Chicago LOST that game and it's one that Briggs played in. Something you claimed had only happened once this season..

I think it will be a tough game. I believe in my Pats. You coming on the Pats board and spewing your garbage acting like the Bears are going to walk all over the Pats when you clearly haven't watched the Pats enough shows a great lack of intelligence on your part.

Not to mention that you utterly ignored what I mentioned in my earlier post.

Clearly, you aren't here to talk football, but to troll.

No. No. No. No. No. No. like Chevy Chase on the putting green in Caddyshack. Sanchez is nothing like Jay Cutler. Dude, you're in for it. It is so on this Sunday. Jay is mobile and he will run for first downs like he has done every single game this season. Jay can throw for 4 TD's against the Iggles so I think he can take care of the 32nd ranked D, right?

Typical moron who thinks that the stats tell the whole story. Clear sign that you don't actually watch the games.

Allowing the MOST YARDS doesn't mean a damn thing. It's who allows the most points during the game that matters.

Cutler is very much like Sanchez. Both rely on their feet. However, you box Cutler in the way the Pats did with Roethlingsberger and Sanchez and you limit Cutler's options and force him to make mistakes. Like he always does.

BTW, the Pats are only 18th in points allowed while they are 1st in points scored.

As I mentioned before, the Jets WERE 2nd in points allowed prior to facing the Pats. Just like the Steelers were 2nd in points allowed. What happened to them? The Pats put up 45 on the Jets and 39 on the Steelers.

Maybe you should think about that before you spew any more.

Occult Symbols??? You mean the LIGHTHOUSE and BRIDGE???

The Pats are a very talented team on offense and on defense. You thinking otherwise shows you to be ignorant.

Obviously, you have some talent on defense because this is the NFL but don't act all big headed and ish. Chicago has better WR's than the Pats and Chicago certainly has better RB's too. TE's as well. Brady is what makes them all go. Give Derek Anderson Danny Woodhead and Aaron Hernandez and we will se how far he goes before another post game meltdown. And I have both Hernandez, Tom Brady, and Branch in my money league so I am not hating just appreciated how elite Tom Brady is and how productive he makes those around him.

I think your line is a little vulnerable and I have a feeling that Julius Peppers will make his presence known next Sunday in Soldier Field.

No, the Pats did NOT play on Astro-Turf. Astro-turf hasn't been used on a football field in probably 15 years..

As for Soldier field, so what that it's grass.. You act like the Pats have never played on it or that they are the Colts who play all their home games indoors. I have news for you, Soldier field is an advantage because of the fans only. Nothing else.

No, no. It is more than that. Chicago knows how to play on our very own field, you do not. During the week we have U2 concerts and Rodeos so that grass is tore up. The only thing that you know is that it is matted down in the center of the field and extremely loose on the outer edges ie off tackle where Chicago will hit you in the mouth all day with Forte and Chester Taylor.

Briggs and Urlacher are going to be over-matched against Gronkowski and Hernandez. The Jets corners are better than what the Bears have. As for safeties, Manning and Harris are mediocre.

I'm sorry but that is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. You do realize that Gron nobody and Hernandez would be just that without Tom Brady, right? You and me could go line up next to Tom Brady and put up better numbers than than Gron whoever and Aaron Hernandez who is a quality player which would be like me and not you hypothetically speaking.

Wrong. The Pats win because they outscore you on the offense. The turnovers are a bonus for the Pats. They don't NEED them to win. And, honestly, the Bears offense doesn't scare anyone, though you have a good RB in Forte and a Good TE in Olsen.

Oh yeah, the turnovers are a bonus for your click come this Sunday in Chicago. The last time Chicago didn't create a turnover was back when Abraham Lincoln was alive who is obviously a President from Illinois just like the current President of the United States of America is. Forefathers, that's all Boson is good for while Illinois and Chicago write modern day history. Philly says "Welcome Boston."

As for special teams, the Pats are pretty damn good. Especially when you consider that they held the best kick returner in the league (Brad Smith) to 20 yards per return on 7 returns. OH, and Smith had been averaging 29.2 YPR prior to that.

Brad Who? We have Devin Hester, get real. :snob:

Instead of running your mouth on a Pats board about how good the Bears are, you should do some homework on the last few teams who have had "good defenses" and what's happened to them when they faced the Pats.. The Pats put up 39 on Pittsburgh and 45 on the Jets. The Jets were 3rd in the league prior to the game and Pittsburgh was 2nd in the league when we faced them.

Yeah run your mouth talking about those 3-4 defenses. They have nothing on Lovie's Cover 2.

Last edited:
Yeah run your mouth talking about those 3-4 defenses. They have nothing on Lovie's Cover 2.

You seem to enjoy stats, how about this one.....Pats are the highest scoring team in the league, #1, numbero uno, the top dogs.

Lovie donst do DC on your team ROD MARINELLI does. If you would be so kind as to read his comments?

"Briggs and Urlacher are going to be over-matched against Gronkowski and Hernandez. The Jets corners are better than what the Bears have. As for safeties, Manning and Harris are mediocre. "

You might take the same effort, that some put into their responses. Im quiet sure you have something most want to hear, and are interested in. No disrespect.

Last edited:
Chicago has been one of the best defenses in the past month or two..their defense may actually be overall better now than the Jets.

It will be a great game!

Cutler is dumb as a box of rocks. I say he throws 2-3 picks against that Pats.

Like others here. Chicago doesn't really worry me. GB will be a bigger test.

Who cares if you were at the game. It has no bearing on anything.

The fact remains that Chicago LOST that game and it's one that Briggs played in. Something you claimed had only happened once this season..

I think it will be a tough game. I believe in my Pats. You coming on the Pats board and spewing your garbage acting like the Bears are going to walk all over the Pats when you clearly haven't watched the Pats enough shows a great lack of intelligence on your part.

Not to mention that you utterly ignored what I mentioned in my earlier post.

Clearly, you aren't here to talk football, but to troll.

It has no bearing...listen to this fruit loop! With all due respect, I don't hink you realize how loud I cheer. I bring bags of pineapple soaked in Vodka into the stadium. I cheer louder than anybody around in any section and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be there, along with my comrades, to cheer in Tom Brady's face. It is going to happen. It is only a matter of time.

Soldier Field is always one of the hardest places to go in the NFL. I hope we win it but its no foregone conclusion. Some people here will get carried away after tonight.

I predicted that we would go 12-4/13-3 at the start of the season and had us down for a loss in Chicago.

It has no bearing...listen to this fruit loop! With all due respect, I don't hink you realize how loud I cheer. I bring bags of pineapple soaked in Vodka into the stadium. I cheer louder than anybody around in any section and you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be there, along with my comrades, to cheer in Tom Brady's face. It is going to happen. It is only a matter of time.

clearly you show again, within your liqueur filled delusion your not listening, or talking ball

what the heck does "It is only a matter of time" mean?" and who cares. I don't think your lasting here much longer if you keep this novice stuff up George. This is a Pats board with a HOF QB and coach, you really don't think theses guys don't know their stuff? Their going to eat you alive.

Last edited:

Seems like you may be getting a head start hitting the vodka-pineapple special.

With that said, cheer all you want. It won't count for sh!t.

My Uncle lives in Dorchester right by the Monadnock St area. Recently, he moved there from the south side of Chicago...Thus far, he has been hit in the back of the head with a 2x4, hit by a car while on a bicycle, and he has been converted from a White Sox to a Red Sox fan. You don't play fair over there in Beantown!
No doubt coming out of a sports bar.

The next 2 games are dangerous for the Patriots. Chicago has a very good defense, very physical. Cutler is a knucklehead but he's very talented. Would love to run the table but realistically a split with Chi/GB and beating the Fins and Bills will lock up the top seed. The Jets are not running the table so the Pats can afford another loss since they have the tie breaker with the Steelers.
Dangerous game. Don't take the Bears lightly.

Well Brady said himself he spent the first 3-4 days after the Lions game watching tape on Chicago because he knew it was a shorter week after the Jets game. Im sure he will be ready, as will everyone else. I think Cutler is too reckless with the ball, and we will get some turnovers from him. Ball control and quick passes should slow this Chicago D down. Their D line is fierce though!

I think your line is a little vulnerable and I have a feeling that Julius Peppers will make his presence known next Sunday in Soldier Field.

This line held Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis to ONE sack. They held the Steelers to how many??? Peppers doesn't scare me and he won't scare the Pats line either..

No, no. It is more than that. Chicago knows how to play on our very own field, you do not. During the week we have U2 concerts and Rodeos so that grass is tore up. The only thing that you know is that it is matted down in the center of the field and extremely loose on the outer edges ie off tackle where Chicago will hit you in the mouth all day with Forte and Chester Taylor.

You seem to have missed that, prior to the game, the Jets were one of the best running teams in the league. BETTER than your vaunted Forte and Chester Taylor..

You also seem to not understand that the Pats have played on grass before and it doesn't matter.

I'm sorry but that is the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard. You do realize that Gron nobody and Hernandez would be just that without Tom Brady, right? You and me could go line up next to Tom Brady and put up better numbers than than Gron whoever and Aaron Hernandez who is a quality player which would be like me and not you hypothetically speaking.

*ROFLMAO* You really don't know what you are talking about and you are showing yourself to be a complete fool. Gronkowski and Hernandez are nobodies?? Gronkowski is better than any TE that the Bears have right now. And Hernandez is the Pats version of Dallas Clark..

Oh yeah, the turnovers are a bonus for your click come this Sunday in Chicago. The last time Chicago didn't create a turnover was back when Abraham Lincoln was alive who is obviously a President from Illinois just like the current President of the United States of America is. Forefathers, that's all Boson is good for while Illinois and Chicago write modern day history. Philly says "Welcome Boston.

I didn't realize that Abraham Lincoln was the President when you guys played the Lions last week... You do realize that the Bears didn't have a Turnover last week against the Lions. No interceptions. No fumble recoveries.. Just link against the Seahawks....

Brad Who? We have Devin Hester, get real.

Hester has all of 8 kick returns this season.... Brad Smith had 7 just last night. Prior to the game he had 34.. I am real. YOU are the one living in some fantasy land thinking that the Bears are all that.

Lovie's Cover 2??? You're joking right?? Lovie Smith is a good coach, but get serious here. He's not as good a defensive mind as Belichick..

Last edited:
I've seen enough of the Bears to come to the conclusion that they are NOT for real. They should be 7-5 or 6-6 as they've lucked into so many of their wins and really only have the win against the Eagles to point to and say "Look we really are a good team". Take a look at their games:

Detroit - Took a gift from Calvin Johnson and refs to get a W here
Dallas - the same team that went 1-9 under coach wade
Green Bay - Packers outplayed the bears but handed them the game with 18 penalties and a timely fumble at the end of the game when all the Packers had to do is run out the clock.
New York Giants - Giants shut them down 17-3
@ Carolina - against the worst team in the league... they got lucky that the one game Cutler missed with the concussion is against the Panthers
Seattle - A bad team that beats the Bears at Soldier Field
Washington - A mediocre team that beats the Bears at Soldier Field
@ Buffalo - 2nd worst team in the league, and the Bill were in it til Fitzpatrick threw a pick in the final minute of the game.
Minnesota - Win against a mediocre at best team.
Miami - they happen to get to play Miami the game that their 3rd string QB (who is awful) is starting. Dolphins lose their center on the first drive of the game, and a guy who hasn't played center in years is forced to play out of position.
Philadelphia - Impressive win for once
Detroit - Another gift call that may or may not have cost the Lions the game, but regardless a close win over another bad team.

I'm not sold yet. I'll admit the Bears are a good team if they get one win over the Patriots, Jets or Packers. Until then, they are an average team with a good record. In fact, I'd say they'll lose 3 of their last 4 games and I think there is a good possibility that they lose all 4.

Granted they have the whole "nobody believes in us, so let's show them" motivation thing going for them, which makes them dangerous. But saying they're dangerous doesn't mean they're very good either.

They do have a good defense and special teams, but their offense is nothing to write home about. Their D-line is above average and their linebackers are pretty darn good, but they have a weak secondary. Tillman is a turnover machine that will force a fumble if he gets the chance. When Cutler has the rare good game, their offense can produce, but he will throw his share of INT's also. Their O-line stinks, especially in pass protection. Forte is okay, but won't control the game. Their receivers are really fast (especially Knox and Hester), but not all that impressive otherwise, as they don't run routes all that well.

Generally, the Bears will have trouble against any decent team that doesn't turn the ball over and doesn't punt to Hester. Patriots fans don't have much to worry about in my opinion.

Soldier field is a tough place to play. They leave their grass VERY long, so its a much slower track than any other grass surface in the league. I was there for the Bears-Packers game in September and the stadium can get pretty loud at times. The bears fans are pretty good fans, as they support their team fairly well and they are fairly knowledgeable fans for the most part (except for fans like CuriousGeorge who are just loud-mouthed delusional homers :)).

Last edited:
Here's a couple of comments by a Bears fan from over in the New Members forum that was posted yesterday. Thought it would be appropriate to copy them here.

Bears fan here. Thought I'd see what insight on next weekends game this board might have in store. You can't get much worthwhile info from the 4 letter.

Looking forward to a great game. I still remember Tom Brady juking Brian Urlacher back in 2006. Who knew Tom could juke? lol I always wished that you guys beat the Colts in 2006 for a SB XX rematch (not to mention a rematch of that very close regular season game).

Anyway, thinking this game should be interesting on a number of different fronts. Our Oline is trying to gel, though we lack talent at both tackles when it comes to pass pro. The statistics show your secondary being suspect (which I tend to think is misleading). Our defense is pretty good, which isn't unusual, but our SLB and his backup are out w/ injury right now. We've been fortunate on the injury front until that developed yesterday.

Here's to a good game full of hard hits and no injuries.

Bears seem to play to the level of their opponents. Redskins game was a contest to see who wanted to lose the most (and we won at losing). Just awful.

Giants ate our floundering (and in that game 2nd and 3rd string) Oline up. Seattle was more of the same, though a worse showing by our Oline because they aren't as talented up front (blitzed).

This whole year for the Bears has been about how far the Oline can take us. Mike Tice (Oline coach) is pretty good, but he has almost no talent to work with.

Currently our Oline looks like this:

LT-Frank Omiyale (called OMG by Bears fans) picked up before last year from the Panthers as a LT, but played last year at both LG and RG (fairly miserably), LT (miserably) and RT (seemed to be his spot at the time). He started this year at RT and was benched by the end of the second game. Injury caused him to get the call at LT and Bear fans are shocked that he is still starting. He can be a turnstile and/or get called for holding and false start penalties. His strength is run blocking.

LG- Chris Williams - drafted in the first round in 2008, didn't play a down due to an undisclosed back injury at draft time. Played RT at beginning of last year and moved to LT midseason and seemed to find his groove. Started at LT this season until an early season injury forced him out. Came back to play at LG (puzzling) and has been just ok. Lacks a good punch. Fairly decent in pass protection.

C - Olin Kreutz - 13 yr veteran, several (I think 5) pro bowls. Heart and soul of the team in many ways. Great at making the calls. Getting too old and can be beat by quickness. Mean as heck. Occasionally gets overpowered by a bull rush, but usually only a couple of plays a game.

RG - Roberto Garza - 10 yr. Vet. Picked up from Atlanta before 2006 season. Pretty good run blocker. Slightly above average pass blocking, but with mental lapses in blitzing schemes. Probably getting too old, but serviceable. He was out with injury for our 4 game stretch of misery mid year.

RT - J'Marcus Webb - Rookie 7th round draft pick. Huge dude. Starting basically because of potential. Good at run blocking, pretty bad at pass blocking. Lot's of mental errors - presnap penalties, stupid holding, missing his assignments. Improving though in the last few games. Has a mean streak if he isn't too busy thinking about his assignment.

Going to be a very tough game IMO after this game but if they take this...good chance at 14-2

Typical NFL Kick off song:

We Ready!

You aren't playing in New England, if you were I would practically hand the game to you due to the Occult symbols painted on your field and the talent on your coaching staff and offense.

This game is in soldier field. You played on astro turf tonight compared to the field you will see this Sunday in Chicago. Da Bears Defense makes the Jets' look like the little sisters of the poor. Chicago doesn't have to blitz. We drop Briggs, Urlacher, and 5 others into coverage as Julius Peppers and the Front 4 create havoc.

The Patriot D has to cause turnovers otherwise Chicago wins. And they win big. Special teams, you haven't forgotten about it...have you?

I have nothing but respect for the Bears. It's going to be a tough game. While Soldier field is not an easy place to play, I don't think turf is an issue. The Pats usually practice out doors, often on grass.

I like the way we matchup vs the bears. GB worries me much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back