PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

@Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the Bears' players start yapping like this guy. Then we can enjoy another national humiliation of a contender.

A few observations on the Bears here. I watched the entire Iggles game the other week.

The turf is HORRENDOUS. Many Iggle defenders and wide outs slipped when the grass just gave away under their feet. I'm sure this was on purpose in order to negate Vick's ability to scramble. It certainly worked for them. I'm not so sure it will be as much of a factor since BB should have the team ready for any playing conditions after watching the film.

****ler as we call him here in Denver has improved as the season as gone along. Not sure if this is due to the improving line play and his confidence in it or just the crappy teams they have played.

Vick was able to move the ball quite well. They had trouble in the RZ settling for FG's and he threw a pick that was taken back the other way by the Bears O at the end of the half.
Pats have a MUCH better running game that opens up so many more options than the Iggles have.

Urlacher looks 100%. I thought he was getting slow in his old age but he looked great against the Iggles. He will have to be accounted for.

Iggles D looked terrible. I hate to say it but they really missed Asante in this game. ****ler picked on his replacements. Pats D is shaky at times but has the big play ability they have shown every game so far this season. They will get their chances against this QB that likes to force the ball, thinks he can make every throw and doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Matt Forte is good. Another stud RB the D must shut down. He can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Seems like the Pats face one of these guys every week. I have faith that the front 7 can do their job.

The one thing that scares me about the Bears is that they can pressure the QB with a four man rush. If there is a real Achillies Heal for Brady, he is suseptible to an effective 4 man rush.

I hope the team is past this win.My concern is the focus after such a high emotional win.The bears have a better defensive line then the jets do.All these games are playoffs games.We control our seeding.

fc5478f0-847a-44ef-9636-4bacbfa954d9.320w.jpg

I think we need a signature road win over an upper echelon team.

Typical NFL Kick off song:

We Ready!

You aren't playing in New England, if you were I would practically hand the game to you due to the Occult symbols painted on your field and the talent on your coaching staff and offense.

This game is in soldier field. You played on astro turf tonight compared to the field you will see this Sunday in Chicago. Da Bears Defense makes the Jets' look like the little sisters of the poor. Chicago doesn't have to blitz. We drop Briggs, Urlacher, and 5 others into coverage as Julius Peppers and the Front 4 create havoc.

The Patriot D has to cause turnovers otherwise Chicago wins. And they win big. Special teams, you haven't forgotten about it...have you?
Well...the Patriots couldn't handle Carolina's front four in the Super Bowl....how'd that one turn out for the Patriots?

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! I can not believe that i missed this little tidbit the first time around. Why did Chicago lose?

Lance Briggs didn't play!

Chicago only has 1 loss with perennial Pro Bowler Lance Briggs. :cool:

That's okay, CuriousGeorge. We here at PatsFans will wait until you catch up.:)

Welcome to the board.

Me thinks "CuriousGeorge" is the kind of guy with a lot of mouth and nothing to back it up...

He also seems like the type that thinks football is everything and needs councelling everytime the da bears lose (which is often).

Maybe he turns into "CryBabyGeorge"...Either way, in one week, we'll find out and it's just my gut feeling...I could be wrong.

After all, the Bears do have a top echelon QB :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Touche'

He is actually on a winning team and he enjoys the spotlight. We can thank the NFL for flexing this game, at least Bears can as Julius Peppers enjoys showing up in the National Spotlight. Don't get it twisted you dirty Southies! My Uncle lives in Dorchester right by the Monadnock St area. Recently, he moved there from the south side of Chicago. He is the only white man around. Thus far, he has been hit in the back of the head with a 2x4, hit by a car while on a bicycle, and he has been converted from a White Sox to a Red Sox fan. You don't play fair over there in Beantown! If the game was played in New England:

Bears 17
Patriots 38

Soldier Field:

Patriots 13
Bears 41
Can you post more often please?

Can you post more often please?

The problem with this board is that we are ban happy when it comes to fans from other teams, unless they display ideal posting behavior. It really takes away all the fun.

I wonder if they will limit or even sit Wes Welker so as to avoid possible injury.

Maybe Fred Taylor and BJGE can run all over them. Hopefully.

Hopefully Taylor isn't injured again.

It will be interesting with Cutler at QB. Not a lot of respect in the past, now, can this defense build on tonights game and take care of them. Chicago's line has been misrable, hopefully, we see some healthy line play against them.

On the downside, it seems like the only real way to stop the Bears is to get pressure. Not really this team's forte.

On the upside, they play a Tampa 2, and TB does pretty damned well.

Once the Bears started to surge, this game worried me about as much as the Jets game. Let's hope the outcome is about the same ;)

Guys, look at the tie breakers, this game means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Granted we would have to win the last 3 to insure #1 seed, but the JEST cant catch us even if we lose to them! We win the tie breaker with Pitt too! I'm sure our front office wants a good showing but this is the PERFECT get healthy game and I would be tempted to play Hoyer.

This is a joke, right?

The key to Martz's offense as always is to hit the running back every play and get pressure on the QB in those min protect opportunities. I think we'll be seeing a lot of Gary Guyton and Dane Fletcher, and I'd feel better about the game if I knew Myron Pryor and Mike Wright were healthy.

Anyone got Tom's record against 4-3 defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes