PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged x5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged

SVN said:
either way the signing doesnt hurt. if he isnt fit enough during training camp , he wont make the roster, if he does then like other said, better the don davis and other guys or just depth to play a few downs or even special teams.

During training camp?

Camp's over!

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged)

We will all see if this is closer to a Phifer signing which really worked and added OR a grasping at straws like Stubblefield or Big Cat Williams...I have NOT been a Seau fan at all..think he's far over rated..but given that..if he can energize the D and hold it together with experience..maybe NOT making the plays but helping..then..I am for it. Skeptical...of course..but at this point..it may be an option that MAY work. I don't think he'll have the impact of Phifer or even Cox, but I don't think he'll be a bust either. And with others around, it may be a good combo for that 4th position.
Reiss is now reporting it..that he will be here for a look/see...

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged)

I agree with pats726 on this, Seau dosn't seem to fit the mold for lb's in this defense has alway's been a freelancer ( very poor man's LT) and over rated to boot, he dose not seem to be the type of player that will fit into a very complicated and structured LB position, but hey BB knows more than me for sure. But even if the NFL network is right he still may not make the final cut, this may just be posturing to get Dallas to bite on a trade, who knows?

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged

JR4 said:
I can't believe this move. This must be an act of desperation. I guess it may be
a combination of
- the youngens not working out too well
- Bruschi injury may be longer term than expected
- and Beisel not doing as well as expected.

Many of us been saying ILB is a big weakness ... this signing, if it goes down,
is verification of that but I can't see Seau being the answer.
Who knows ... may be BB will work his magic again. Just can't see it.

Again, he's just another option. Nobody's expecting him to come in, make 100 tackles, go to the Pro Bowl. Hell, he probably won't even start.

I'd rather have Junior Seau as my main ILB backup than Beisel or Gardner.

Last edited:

Haha, you have just got to love Belichick, giving guys their oppurtunity to go out with a ring.

Harrison and Dillon have gotten the rings they have so badly wanted. I dont know if things could change...but this would be great Dolphins fans :mad: that the Pats signed him.

I just hope this may put some complaining to a halt if he signs...he is old but so is Rodney Harrison. They took a chance with him and it payed off. I think Rodney would be absolutely pumped to have Seau coming to town.

Last edited:

desi-patsfan said:
Other than the guys wearing number 54, 52, and 59 (thats colvin right?), Seau is better than the rest. I love the move, he is a veteran and if he plays even just acceptable, we can move Vrabel back to where he plays best.

52 is Biesel. 50 is Vrabel.

Jason Taylor said hes a world class leader and his pregame speeches are legendary! At least we got leadership and a very experienced guy..if he can stay healthy for us for a year..im all for it!

May be a great locker room prescense like old Willie was for this team...

Remix 6 said:
Jason Taylor said hes a world class leader and his pregame speeches are legendary! At least we got leadership and a very experienced guy..if he can stay healthy for us for a year..im all for it!

I wouldn't say the chances of him being healthy the entire year are that great, given his age, history, and the Pats terrible luck, but if he can be available for some of the games for spot duty or in case of injury then I think this season would be considered a pretty successful year health wise for him.

Re: Seau to sign with the Patriots

BelichickFan said:
Apparently, BB thinks he's a BB type player. Maybe he knows who his type of player is ? :confused:
I agree, he really nailed it on Beisel.

Seau could probably roll his jock onto the field and it would do a better job at MLB than Beisel, Gardner, or Don Davis:rolleyes:

Seriously, though... With the strength of the guys around him (a D-line of Warren, Wilfork, and Seymour, and OLBs like Vrabel and Colvin), we don't need Seau to be Ray Lewis in his prime. We just need him to be better than what we've got... which shouldn't be too hard at all!

OLB: Vrabel
ILB: Seau
ILB: Bruschi
OLB: Colvin

That looks good to me:cool:

huskeralk said:
I agree, he really nailed it on Beisel.
No-one said he's always right but he's more likely to be right than, say, you.

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged x4)

Guys, the Pats have nothing to lose with this signing. Are they anybody better at ILB? NO! Seau may not be a pro bowl player anymore but he will be a Bryan Cox type player and "pump up" the D if you will. He will provide some depth at the position as well. I like the prospect of the signing. Ok I would feel a hell of a lot better with him teaming up with Bruschi at ILB than Beisel.

Last edited:

This guy makes some good points.

Bryan Cox, Ted Washington.....just a couple of the Over The Hill Gang the Pats have brought here to get a ring and get the last good year they had in their tanks.

I think Seau is a fine signing, and once Tedy gets healthy woe to anyone who tries to run up the middle when both of them are out there. Ai yi yi, first you have to go through Wilfork, then you have Tedy and Seau waiting to decapitate you, then if by some miracle you make it past them Rodney will lay them out after they've already been pounded to hell.

Slagathor said:
BYE BYE BEISEL.

We never really got to know you, but after watching last season I think it's better that way!

I disagree, even if Beisel still isn't a starter, he's better than some of the other LBs that we have on the roster.

What's Seau's height and weight because if he has the size he might be able to play Ted J's old ILB position. Naturally his speed has diminished due to his age and that position is probably the least speed and coverage oriented of all the LB positions. This could allow him to focus more on being physical, getting off blocks, and stopping the run. Since his physical skills are not what they used to be maybe narrowinig down his list of things to worry about will help make up for that.

I've been hearing some people at different forums saying this would be a terrible signing to add a "washed up and very old player". He is old definitley, but please correct me if I'm wrong, "I believe people were saying Rodney Harrison was washed up right before he came to New England.

Seau will be VERY similar to Brian Cox. A fiery leader on the middle of the field. He will keep the defense intense at all times, even though he may not be a star player anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft