PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged x5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged)

huskeralk said:
I disagree, even if Beisel still isn't a starter, he's better than some of the other LBs that we have on the roster.

And he's still quite good depth at the LBer position.

Re: Seau to sign with the Patriots

BelichickFan said:
No-one said he's always right but he's more likely to be right than, say, you.
But obviously not you because you kiss his ***** on every move he makes and never ever question his judgement. Back when we were winning the super bowls, it was easy to just nod your head in approval. Lately though, he's been 50/50 at best in his personnel decisions. I think this move was more out of desperation than anything else. Oops, there I go again, someone call me a troll and put me in my place.

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged

Kdo5 said:
I've been hearing some people at different forums saying this would be a terrible signing to add a "washed up and very old player". He is old definitley, but please correct me if I'm wrong, "I believe people were saying Rodney Harrison was washed up right before he came to New England.

maybe he is..but he can teach some of our younger guys..his leadership is top notch and at least light a fire under some of the other ILBs asses to get working and dont let a 37 year old man beat u at inside

Re: Seau a Pat?

Thread #5 and counting...

Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged

Remix 6 said:
maybe he is..but he can teach some of our younger guys..his leadership is top notch and at least light a fire under some of the other ILBs asses to get working and dont let a 37 year old man beat u at inside

That would sure as hell get me going and working my nuts of to improve!

Brady#12 said:
Seau could probably roll his jock onto the field and it would do a better job at MLB than Beisel, Gardner, or Don Davis:rolleyes:

Seriously, though... With the strength of the guys around him (a D-line of Warren, Wilfork, and Seymour, and OLBs like Vrabel and Colvin), we don't need Seau to be Ray Lewis in his prime. We just need him to be better than what we've got... which shouldn't be too hard at all!

OLB: Vrabel
ILB: Seau
ILB: Bruschi
OLB: Colvin

That looks good to me:cool:

I like what I see for starters now!! Junior will arrive very hungry and I think he will have enough left in the tank to contribute. BB will know exactly how to play him to take full advantage of his eroding skills - make no mistake, he still has what it takes.

Who gets cut???

TBC
Woods
Beisel
Brown
Mincey
Roach
Alexander
Gardner
Izzo
Davis

Chad Brown or Roach(unfortunatley) hopefully Beisel

Last edited:
Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged x4)

THEARCHIVES said:
Seau may not be a pro bowl player anymore but he will be a Bryan Cox type player and "pump up" the D if you will.

This is an interesting point because I think a somewhat overlooked aspect of Rodney's abscence was the loss of the intimidating, no nonsense defensive player that other guys on the defense and even the entire team had to answer to when they screwed up. They had this type of player in every one of their Superbowl years, in Bryan Cox in '01 and Rodney in '03 and '04. I think the team definitely missed this last year while Harrison was gone. While Harrison is expected to return this year, it is unclear when. Seau would add an insurance persona at this role on the team, if you will. I don't want to get ahead of myself because it is unclear whether Seau would even make the team, what his locker room role would actually be if he did, or if he even will be signed, but the idea is still interestiing to entertain.

huskeralk said:
But obviously not you because you kiss his ***** on every move he makes and never ever question his judgement. Back when we were winning the super bowls, it was easy to just nod your head in approval. Lately though, he's been 50/50 at best in his personnel decisions.
No but some people criticize just for the sake of it. I've said recently that there are several moves I wish had been different, I guess you just forgot about those.

huskeralk said:
But obviously not you because you kiss his ***** on every move he makes and never ever question his judgement. Back when we were winning the super bowls, it was easy to just nod your head in approval. Lately though, he's been 50/50 at best in his personnel decisions. I think this move was more out of desperation than anything else. Oops, there I go again, someone call me a troll and put me in my place.

Even I am not mean enough to argue with someone who critiques BB yet idolizes Steve Gutenberg and Will Ferrell. What? Was there a shortage of Mel Torme and Paul Lynde pics for your sig?

I just can't bring myself to it.

Last edited:
Re: Can Someone Tell Me If This Is Real? (Junior Seau to sign with Patriots?) (merged x4)

I think Larry Izzo stays becasue of his special teams play.

I think we will probably cut Chad Brown now.

Re: Seau a Pat?

Sorry....I was pouring a Guinness....musta missed it.

shmessy said:
Even I am not mean enough to argue with someone who critiques BB yet idolizes Steve Gutenberg and Will Ferrell.

I just can't bring myself to it.

I don't idolize Gutenberg. If you really want me to explain my signature to you I will but it will require some time and a few beers. Now Farrell I won't deny.

Last edited:

Tully will stay...special teams ofcourse.

Seven pages into the thread, and no one has speculated about what this means with respect to who Pioli is scouting in Dallas ?

R

Brady#12 said:
I think Larry Izzo stays becasue of his special teams play.

I think we will probably cut Chad Brown now.

I dunno Chad Brown has been in the system longer. But Junior does have it going for him that he can play ILB (wasn't Seau an OLB in San Diego and Miami? If so has he ever played ILB, and if so was he successful? Not to sound repetitive).

They are two former greats at LB who are past there prime. Isn't Brown younger though, at least by a slim margin?

Last edited by a moderator:

njpatsfan said:
Seven pages into the thread, and no one has speculated about what this means with respect to who Pioli is scouting in Dallas ?

R

Drew?...we need a backup.

njpatsfan said:

R

I wouldn't be surprised if it's still Shanle. Bring in as many ILBs as possible and let them shoot it out.

njpatsfan said:

R

Hey I at least brought up the question of how this would affect the Dallas possibility, but headed no response.

huskeralk said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's still Shanle. Bring in as many ILBs as possible and let them shoot it out.

Do you think that Seau would come out of retirement if he was promised only a tryout ? I don't think so.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots